Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Reflections on Gooter

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Damn, Joe, that Dijon guy sounds spicy. Sort of a poor man’s Charles Woodson. If Valentine improves from his shockingly high starting point and Jaire gets healthy, Dijon sounds like the ideal slot piece our secondary needs to take that next leap.

It seems like when I create a spicy thread hammering a Packer my whammy kicks in and they prove me wrong.

I have SERIOUS concerns about Alexander and a ton of concerns he's giving us the Bachtiari treatment
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I think Jaire is a little guy (for a football player) who has a bad shoulder and as he ages the injuries will continue to pile up.
    Would be nice if he could suit up, but until it happens I'm skeptical we'll get much from him this year. 2023 has not been a good season for Jaire.

I don't expect Stokes to be good his first game back, but he really kinda needs to have a good couple of games at the end of the season here. We're almost to the trying-to-salvage-his-career point with him. Now, is that on Guter? Stokes had a very promising rookie season, then regressed. Was he a good pick or a crummy pick or we don't know?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I don't expect Stokes to be good his first game back, but he really kinda needs to have a good couple of games at the end of the season here. We're almost to the trying-to-salvage-his-career point with him. Now, is that on Guter? Stokes had a very promising rookie season, then regressed. Was he a good pick or a crummy pick or we don't know?
    We don't know. He was pretty solid as a rookie, started off year 2 very shaky, got a little better, then had a really bad injury. Injury has carried over to Year 3... so we really haven't seen enough IMO.
    he's played ONE snap on ST this year, not good return on a R1 pick... but I'd put that on injury luck, not on Gute. I don't think Stokes had a concerning injury history coming out of college. Also: injuries pretty much end or derail every player's career... and if it ain't injuries, it's age (or suckitude).

Often, age = suckitude. I predict that for Rodgers next year. It was already happening last year.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack