Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Serious Question: Love vs Clifford

Serious Question: Love vs Clifford

Since I’ve been labeled a “troll” for suggesting than this team would be better off with Clifford than Love, who has been served a starting job on a legendary team on a silver platter with every accoutrement available to him, what is the argument against such a move? I mean other than the team, and you lot of subservient hand job artists, admitting you were wrong to trust an obviously skillfully and mentally deficient person of half color to lead this team to a absurdly woeful record at this point? Please, I beg you, educate me. I humbly await your responses.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    Since I’ve been labeled a “troll” for suggesting than this team would be better off with Clifford than Love, who has been served a starting job on a legendary team on a silver platter with every accoutrement available to him, what is the argument against such a move? I mean other than the team, and you lot of subservient hand job artists, admitting you were wrong to trust an obviously skillfully and mentally deficient person of half color to lead this team to a absurdly woeful record at this point? Please, I beg you, educate me. I humbly await your responses.
    Half color.

Your approach here is 3 quarters just plain stupid, what did you do tonight, drink a gallon of whisky.
    But apart from that, it’s too early to switch to Clifford.

The biggest concern now is Love’s stock has plummeted sharply over the past few weeks and this surely has us all concerned.
    Keep it real here, pressing the panic button is premature at this point!

I would say that everything from a tool perspective suggests that Love will be a superior NFL quarterback compared to Clifford. Love is bigger, faster, stronger and has more arm talent. Other than that, I guess nothing. Not sure what more you want than that. Let me reverse it, and I'm being sincere. What is it about Clifford that makes you think that he would be better than Love?

Its really the same argument I would use if you asked why Clifford would be a better QB than you or I would be. I mean, come on, you can't come up with a tougher question than this??

Also, I'm not sure if I called you a troll. I don't mind this discussion and IF I did call you a troll it would simply be because of your obsession with this one issue. If you commented on every issue the team faces without obsessing on this ONE point, it would be beneficial. Its a fair discussion to have, but when you become a one note singer.....
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

This could have been an interesting topic but it reeks of hardcore boozing, it’s just served up wrong.
    The worst part is this: “mentally deficient person of half color to lead this team.”

Keep your racist BS to yourself, SkinBasket.

It’s a nice question to have. Both are very decent. I fairly convinced that Love is gonna have a good career, maybe not Favre or Rodgers level but well above average for NFL starting QBs.

Clifford IMO showed enough that he is at very least a good backup and could be a quality starter if needed.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post
    This could have been an interesting topic but it reeks of hardcore boozing, it’s just served up wrong.
    The worst part is this: “mentally deficient person of half color to lead this team.”

Keep your racist BS to yourself, SkinBasket.
    Am also confused by the racist stuff. What does that have to do with Clifford vs. Love?
    If you think Love is a turnover machine, Clifford is worse. Clifford might be more accurate, although not by much.

Stick with JLove. You have to ride him out all year to see if he's the guy (spoiler alert: probably not) but you also have to give hin a fair shot to develop or not...especially with the receiving corps youth he has to work with.

Unless he gets injured (always a possibility behind the sieve of an O-Line), he should be given the year to fully know if he is the guy or just a guy. A year on the pine won't hurt Clifford's development.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

I would trade Love for two firsts and draft Caleb Williams. I don’t really like colored people, but Caleb seems like a good quarterback, so I’ll make an exception.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    A better question for next year might be "Penix versus Love."

Or if Hendon Hooker pans out in Detroit, "Hooker versus Love."

But "Clifford versus Love?" I dunno, man.

"The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    I would trade Love for two firsts and draft Caleb Williams. I don’t really like colored people, but Caleb seems like a good quarterback, so I’ll make an exception.

IF GUTEBAG could get 2 first's for Love he would make the trade too
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Does Love have better accuracy than Clifford ? That was the one piece out of Bobble's points that made me ponder
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Dag nabbit Skinny, ignoring the pretend racism I was going to break it down and say you are starting to look like a prophet. But then this sick fuck agrees with you and there is no way I am joining any cult with his ass.

Have a look:
    https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...an-love-2.html

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...lifford-1.html

Clifford's career comp% is 61.4, Love's is 61.2. On the college level these days, that's not good enough to be considered accurate. (Clifford had Jahan Dotson and Parker Washington bailing him out too.)

For comparison: Caleb Williams is 67% for his career. Joe Burrow was 68.8. Bryce Young 65.8. CJ Stroud - 69.3. You get the idea.
    I think you want a guy who is at least 65% for his career, and for it to be in something with at least some pro-concepts. Brian Brohm looked great (65.8) until you realized he was running a pop-gun/Air-Raid scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Does Love have better accuracy than Clifford ? That was the one piece out of Bobble's points that made me ponder
    Probably, but his lack of arm strength negates some of it. If you are on target but defenses have time to react it can fail just as badly as throwing it in the dirt. I see Clifford as a Chad Pennington/Matt Flynn type of guy.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Dag nabbit Skinny, ignoring the pretend racism I was going to break it down and say you are starting to look like a prophet. But then this sick fuck agrees with you and there is no way I am joining any cult with his ass.
    I don't know that predicting failure for any QB who hasn't proven it on the field makes one a prophet. Stating the most likely outcome seems more accurate. I can predict right now that Caleb Jones will fail as a QB and certainly as a top 5 QB and I'm likely to be correct.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Mine was a joke

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Probably, but his lack of arm strength negates some of it. If you are on target but defenses have time to react it can fail just as badly as throwing it in the dirt. I see Clifford as a Chad Pennington/Matt Flynn type of guy.
    Mr. Irrelevant (Pundy) and the Great Yellow Hope (Tua) both have a noodle arms, too. Ain’t seem like their lack of arm power is handicapping them too much.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Kurt Benkert, Curt Warner and JT O’Sullivan all break down QB play and say Love is in some bad situations with the young group and there’s not a lot he could have done better.

Skinbasket might end up totally wrong on this one.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Have a look:
    https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...an-love-2.html

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...lifford-1.html

Clifford's career comp% is 61.4, Love's is 61.2. On the college level these days, that's not good enough to be considered accurate. (Clifford had Jahan Dotson and Parker Washington bailing him out too.)

For comparison: Caleb Williams is 67% for his career. Joe Burrow was 68.8. Bryce Young 65.8. CJ Stroud - 69.3. You get the idea.
    I think you want a guy who is at least 65% for his career, and for it to be in something with at least some pro-concepts. Brian Brohm looked great (65.8) until you realized he was running a pop-gun/Air-Raid scheme.
    Watching the Bills game and have to say Allen doesn’t look much better than Love. Just more arrogant at this point. While not a fair comparison due the first year versus fourth year it is for first starting year and his stats aren’t too hot. https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/jos...n-rookie-stats