Thread: Serious Question: Love vs Clifford

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I’m confident. I’m decisive… You need those qualities
    Sorry for parsing you, but that is my main point. Yes, you NEED those qualities, as an NFL QB, and whatever you think of Clifford’s other abilities, Love has thoroughly demonstrated he does not have them. As such, time to move on. But management won’t because that would be admitting failure, especially in light of moving on from 12, regardless of what he had left to offer. I just want to be able to watch someone who wants to win, and can accept watching someone fail at that. I refuse to watch someone (Love) who does not have that built into who he is. He is not a winner. He is along for the ride. He is a weed in the wind. He has been handed everything and given nothing. He is dead to me.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    Sorry for parsing you, but that is my main point. Yes, you NEED those qualities, as an NFL QB, and whatever you think of Clifford’s other abilities, Love has thoroughly demonstrated he does not have them. As such, time to move on. But management won’t because that would be admitting failure, especially in light of moving on from 12, regardless of what he had left to offer. I just want to be able to watch someone who wants to win, and can accept watching someone fail at that. I refuse to watch someone (Love) who does not have that built into who he is. He is not a winner. He is along for the ride. He is a weed in the wind. He has been handed everything and given nothing. He is dead to me.
    You could be right or you could be misreading him. Montana often looked like he didn't have that fire either. Since he was winning it was "inner calmness". Since Love is losing its that he "doesn't want to win". Other than saying he won't be Maholmes or prime Rodgers I think the book is still open on Love. He may well wash out, but I am still going with David Carr, Jimmy G, Joe Flacco type career. A guy you can win with until you pay him too much. However, if you surround him with talent and he signs a 5 year $120 million deal you can probably take a couple shots at an Owl. Problem is that they will either cut him or give him 4 years $170 million after next year. Thats what teams do. The Ravens paid Lamaar like a top 5 QB. The cowboys paid Dak like a top 5 QB. I could go on and on about paying guys big contracts and then not being able to field enough talent around them.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.