Thread: Serious Question: Love vs Clifford

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Amazing what a running game can do for a guy. We wore them down and put them away. They are bad. We aren't good. Love did what he needed to do. Lets see what happens in Pittsburg when Joe Barry can shine against a team with a bad QB, but all sorts of weapons.
    If you think about it, the Rams trotted out a bad QB with a few good weapons (Kupp, Nacua). Their defense wasn't without its stars -- they aren't what they were a few years ago, but they still had Aaron Donald and a few other good players. (I'd trust Raheem Morris as a DC more than Joe Barry)
    I do think PIT will be a tough game for GB - on the road, and their defense is good. You have to assume GB is the underdog is every game except for CAR, NYG, and probably CHI going forward.

GB is not a good team right now, it was nice to see them get a win though. It remains to be seen if they become a better team and more competitive as the season goes on. That would signal the player development we're waiting for.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    If you think about it, the Rams trotted out a bad QB with a few good weapons (Kupp, Nacua). Their defense wasn't without its stars -- they aren't what they were a few years ago, but they still had Aaron Donald and a few other good players. (I'd trust Raheem Morris as a DC more than Joe Barry)
    I do think PIT will be a tough game for GB - on the road, and their defense is good. You have to assume GB is the underdog is every game except for CAR, NYG, and probably CHI going forward.

GB is not a good team right now, it was nice to see them get a win though. It remains to be seen if they become a better team and more competitive as the season goes on. That would signal the player development we're waiting for.
    Agreed, but Rypien was on a different level of bad than the Pitt guy.

Also, Cliff Christl assures me that its all about the starts and the rest don't really matter. I used go submit questions, and insist that, while that is true with elite QBs, every other "star" can be schemed around if you don't have enough talent around him. Cliff is a widely recognized writer. I'm just a humble fan.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.