Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Serious Question: Love vs Clifford

Yes, Love was crummy on Monday night. His passes were constantly too high on shorter- and mid-range routes, and his long ball is still suspect.

Is this who he is, or can he be the guy we saw the last few weeks?

We don't know yet.

I like lemon cake.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Some CAKE is ok.

What are we talking about again?

We know this much:

Love is a first year starter, so he's bound to have some highs and lows.
    He appears to be poised, most of the time makes good reads, has some issues with throwing deep and his general accuracy.
    He also appears to be a little streaky.

He's better than Clifford. He's better than a number of QBs who are currently first year starters, whether they be presumptive franchise QBs or subbing in.

We also know Skin and a few others don't like him, which is their opinion and that's fine. Personally, I was never on the bandwagon but what he's done overall has been promising.
    He has a lot of potential, and a lot of room for improvement, but I also think he's done pretty well considering the injuries, and especially given the lack of an effective running game that was supposed to support him.

He's going to be the starter this year and to start next year, and if he plays more consistently and cleans a few things up will be locked up with a long term extension.
    I'll cheer for him as long as he's a Packer.

I also like cake.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    With this weeks response time, I’m sorry to hear you no longer have a family to provide for.
    Post of the thread. You win the internet. When Love is lights out beating the defending champs skin is too busy to post. But one off game (a game where Love brought them back to lead with 2 mins to go) and Skin suddenly finds time in his busy schedule to troll. Well played JH, well played.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    So attempts at personal insults is all you lot has. Nothing has changed. And bobble, it’s funny you call this an “off” game for Love when it is perfectly reflective of a majority of his games this year. But carry on carrying that water. I’m sure it’s worth the weight.
    It was an off game. Some guys only have off games (like Rodgers through all of 2022, or did we forget about that?). Love is 13th in total QBR right now after that game. That is slightly above average. I'd say that is reflective of his season. He has also shown poise and signs of improvement which is nice. I guess your version of reality is kinda cool, even if it doesn't match up with anything actually happening.

edit: Sorry, I actually don't like cake. More of a pie guy.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    It was an off game. Some guys only have off games (like Rodgers through all of 2022, or did we forget about that?). Love is 13th in total QBR right now after that game. That is slightly above average. I'd say that is reflective of his season. He has also shown poise and signs of improvement which is nice. I guess your version of reality is kinda cool, even if it doesn't match up with anything actually happening.

edit: Sorry, I actually don't like cake. More of a pie guy.

No wonder no one intelligent posts here anymore.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    This is one fragile, fragile man, omg.
    This might be the most beta male thing I have seen since I saw guy throw a football once. But I have to admit, it did make me LOL for real. Thanks Sis.

I forgive Love for not playing defense.

"The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

So attempts at personal insults is all you lot has. Nothing has changed.
    There’s a lot of directions you could go, and you have shown a lack of self awareness. But going here, even for you, is a little surprising. You never cease to amaze, skinbasket.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Please do not feed the trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Please do not feed the trolls.
    Very cleverly and insightful. Your mother must be proud of you.

So… another week of weak ass short throws and inaccurate “long” throws, with receivers taking hits twisting jumping turning and generally just trying to figure out where the fuck Love is throwing the ball. Another week of forgetting what it looks like for a QB to hit a receiver in stride or to not lead him into a hit. What were there? Like three balls that hit on target again? Fucking pathetic.

But defense!!! I see all the fragile hard ass keyboard warriors are silent again. Slow. Clap.

Blog Entries
    I know it's troll feeding, but department...

There's a cool hurdle Love may cross this year. he needs 413 yards and 3 TD's to have a 4000 yd 30 TD season.

The Chicago Bears have never have a QB pass either milestone in their History.

Should be interesting for the rest of the season.

Very cleverly and insightful. Your mother must be proud of you.

So… another week of weak ass short throws and inaccurate “long” throws, with receivers taking hits twisting jumping turning and generally just trying to figure out where the fuck Love is throwing the ball. Another week of forgetting what it looks like for a QB to hit a receiver in stride or to not lead him into a hit. What were there? Like three balls that hit on target again? Fucking pathetic.

But defense!!! I see all the fragile hard ass keyboard warriors are silent again. Slow. Clap.
    I think we've all been approaching this the wrong way. What if, instead of "Does Love Suck and Is Clifford Better?" it's actually "Love is Looking Like He Is Going to Be Good and Oh My Gosh So Is Clifford!"

TWO Top-Notch NFL QB's, both young, both on the same roster!

Yeah baby, yeah!!

KYPack

Well said, Fritz. My thoughts also. I HOPE you weren't being sarcastic. I hate sarcasm.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

I'll give you credit Skin, you are now in Tex territory where you stake out a position, are proven wrong about 10 times, double and triple down, and never give an inch that you may be wrong. I have shame, so I could never do that, but you....you just keep soldiering on not caring how pathetic you are becoming. Bully for you.

If you're not careful, you may drive me into the Skin camp hahahaha. I don't have a dog in this fight. I'm with Fritz, trying to steer the thread back to the original topic. What was it, 7 or 8 pages without Clifford even mentioned?
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I'll give you credit Skin, you are now in Tex territory where you stake out a position, are proven wrong about 10 times, double and triple down, and never give an inch that you may be wrong. I have shame, so I could never do that, but you....you just keep soldiering on not caring how pathetic you are becoming. Bully for you.
    Says the guy who only shows up when Love plays “well.” Granted he played a lot better this week, but if the three wide open scoring throws he missed badly against a shit team doesn’t raise any flags for you, then good for you. Against a better team, that matters. Like it has all season.

Clifford’s box score says it all.

Okay, Skin, I have to think you're messing with us with that last line.

KYPack