Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Serious Question: Love vs Clifford

Disclaimer: I'm not on the Jordan Love bandwagon. Lots of room for improvement, but this was encouraging.

Jordan Love’s 2nd Half vs Rams
    12/13 Cmp/Att
    1 TD | 0 Ints
    160 Yds | 12.3 Y/A
    143.6 Pass Rtg
    0.488 EPA/play

https://twitter.com/IsiahLimo/status...38813954347083

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Disclaimer: I'm not on the Jordan Love bandwagon. Lots of room for improvement, but this was encouraging.

12/13 Cmp/Att
    1 TD | 0 Ints
    160 Yds | 12.3 Y/A
    143.6 Pass Rtg
    0.488 EPA/play

Now if the offense can only look decent in the first half for a change.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

12/13 Cmp/Att
    1 TD | 0 Ints
    160 Yds | 12.3 Y/A
    143.6 Pass Rtg
    0.488 EPA/play

Amazing what a running game can do for a guy. We wore them down and put them away. They are bad. We aren't good. Love did what he needed to do. Lets see what happens in Pittsburg when Joe Barry can shine against a team with a bad QB, but all sorts of weapons.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Amazing what a running game can do for a guy. We wore them down and put them away. They are bad. We aren't good. Love did what he needed to do. Lets see what happens in Pittsburg when Joe Barry can shine against a team with a bad QB, but all sorts of weapons.
    If you think about it, the Rams trotted out a bad QB with a few good weapons (Kupp, Nacua). Their defense wasn't without its stars -- they aren't what they were a few years ago, but they still had Aaron Donald and a few other good players. (I'd trust Raheem Morris as a DC more than Joe Barry)
    I do think PIT will be a tough game for GB - on the road, and their defense is good. You have to assume GB is the underdog is every game except for CAR, NYG, and probably CHI going forward.

GB is not a good team right now, it was nice to see them get a win though. It remains to be seen if they become a better team and more competitive as the season goes on. That would signal the player development we're waiting for.

You could see signs of an emerging offense. Nijman played well and then when he left with an injury, Walker looked much more focused and aggressive run blocking.

I'd like to see the non action penalties cut down. False starts, offsides (both very questionable calls) and the delay are killers that are really inexcusable. They definitely came out more aggressive this game on offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkey View Post
    You could see signs of an emerging offense. Nijman played well and then when he left with an injury, Walker looked much more focused and aggressive run blocking.

I'd like to see the non action penalties cut down. False starts, offsides (both very questionable calls) and the delay are killers that are really inexcusable. They definitely came out more aggressive this game on offense.
    They were close to taking a real step on offense Sunday. 2 penalties on successful 4th down attempts and 2 fumbles at the end of successful plays got in the way.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Don't know where exactly to post this.
    Once again we have the youngest team.
    Learning every rep, every game.
    Are we going to make post season? Fuck no.
    I'm a wait and see kind of guy.
    Dont know shit from x's and o's.
    But from what I hear a premier key is give the kid a bit of time, let the game slow down.
    So, less than a half season....let's see how it plays out
    I (in all my football ignorance) believe J Love is going to find it

If you think about it, the Rams trotted out a bad QB with a few good weapons (Kupp, Nacua). Their defense wasn't without its stars -- they aren't what they were a few years ago, but they still had Aaron Donald and a few other good players. (I'd trust Raheem Morris as a DC more than Joe Barry)
    I do think PIT will be a tough game for GB - on the road, and their defense is good. You have to assume GB is the underdog is every game except for CAR, NYG, and probably CHI going forward.

GB is not a good team right now, it was nice to see them get a win though. It remains to be seen if they become a better team and more competitive as the season goes on. That would signal the player development we're waiting for.
    Agreed, but Rypien was on a different level of bad than the Pitt guy.

Also, Cliff Christl assures me that its all about the starts and the rest don't really matter. I used go submit questions, and insist that, while that is true with elite QBs, every other "star" can be schemed around if you don't have enough talent around him. Cliff is a widely recognized writer. I'm just a humble fan.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    You can improve route running, but you can't learn to be the fastest guy in the NFL (or right up there). You can't learn to be 6'4" but you can add muscle. I have seen him flat out bust angles 3 times in something like 15 games he has played now. If things around him improve, that kind of elite athleticism always has a shot.
    completely agree; the potential is undoubtedly there.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Well, we found something he’s consistent about.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    Well, we found something he’s consistent about.
    Throwing picks in the clutch?

I thought that was kinda self explanatory
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You found your first disciple!! Be careful that one might sell you out for some silver.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Throwing picks in the clutch?
    The first one was clearly pass interference as well as the bad luck of a deflection. The second one was a desperation heave as time ran out. Yeah, I suppose Rodgers woulda done better, although under the circumstances, it's hard to imagine how. Clifford? I like him as a back up QB, but no way he's as good as Love.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    The first one was clearly pass interference as well as the bad luck of a deflection. The second one was a desperation heave as time ran out. Yeah, I suppose Rodgers woulda done better, although under the circumstances, it's hard to imagine how. Clifford? I like him as a back up QB, but no way he's as good as Love.
    How good is Love anyway? He’s probably right up there with Mac Jones. And Jones got benched for the third time this season on Sunday.

The Watson picks are dumb. Watson was doubled on the first; shoulda targeted someone else, preferably Doubs. 2nd one, Frog shoulda called a “hook and ladder” but that was the dumbest Hail Mary I’ve ever seen in my life. Hail Marys are supposed to be prayers, not gimme picks.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Which would you rather have - Love or Pickett?

The two INTs were desperation type of throws - the first one was a good play by the defense. The second one might have been avoided had Jones not stayed in bounds.
    Half of Love's INTs have been on throws to Watson. I agree he should have looked elsewhere. He has moments where it looks like he's trying to score 21 points on one pass play, and hopefully he outgrows that fast. Going back to college, you just have to know the way he plays is going to involve more picks than Rodgers. That would actually apply to any QB, since Rodgers has the lowest INT% ever.

I don't think Love had a great game, but it wasn't bad for a first year starter, either. I think it makes more sense to pile on the run defense, honestly.

In my saner moments, I realize we've got to give Love through the end of this year, at least, and Twatson through the end of next year before we can make any reasonable judgements.

But that's when I'm sane. At other moments, I say fuggem. Cuz I'm a fan and I can "demand" better, as if somehow I "deserve" better.

So let's give these two guys some time. It's almost rocket science, what they're trying to do out there. Make split-second decisions that are the right ones, and perform superhuman physical feats at the same time.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Broken record here but in the grand scheme of things Love is NOT the problem. Defense still sucks (Barry must have something on LeFluer to still be employed), wide receivers aren't helping him with alligator arms and wrong routes and the line has been mostly a sieve this year compared to prior years.

Love is not without his blame but given the chaos around him it's not surprising to see his first year starting being a mixed bag. Next year without Rodgers dead money and cutting Bak along with substantial draft capital should allow Gute to surround him with better talent. Combine that with another year's worth of experience with the greenhorn receiving corp should allow a proper evaluation of his ability to lead the team to the playoffs in future years.

Clifford is a career backup at best, that's his ceiling. Right or wrong, Love's is higher and we just need to give him a chance before we cancel the show and reboot.
    60% of the time it works every time.

Good Post, Spaulding - saved me saying a lot of that.

Love or Pickett? Love every day of the week and twice on Sunday ....... oh yeah, and I like our QB too hahahaha.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    In spite of APB applying to be skinbasket’s lackey I haven’t felt this good about Love since early in the season. He played good enough. Not great because that would require getting the win. The kind of loss I was hoping for would be accurate. The team gained experience and all the tank embracing peons are happy.