Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Serious Question: Love vs Clifford

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Did you listen to Flower boys press conference ? Jason Wilde was disappointed in the Packers Defensive Scheme and the fact that GB did little to stop the Steelers running game and asked Flower boy about him going into a Nickel defense in several key plays (hinting why was the focus not on stopping the run). Flower got irritated and snapped back at Wilde and noted when they have LB lining up very wide on the line it's not a nickel. Kinda chastised Wilde. Wilde gave a nice follow up question about how/why the Steelers running game was so effective against it and Flower continued his rant and avoided the real question.....which should have been "WHY the H didn't BARRYBALL stack the box/focus on the run and try to make Pickett beat us ?

Anyways, a LOT of chat about that with Tauscher and Bulage and Wilde and Steve the Homer and they all concluded one thing. FLOWER, to his detremement, is trying to constantly cover for BARRY BALL

What a horrible mistake it was to bring him back, and Flower wants none of that chatter.

So a GOOD LOSS tomorrow, would include Love stepping up, several young players stepping up and showing progress, but BARRY once again making some bad calls that result in a loss.

The GREATER GOOD.....can ONLY END..........in BARRY DEPARTING.

And we're not nearly there yet
    One possibility I posited somewhere here was that Barely would stave off his firing one more time because so many starters are out. I hope to god not. You can have all your many first-round guys out there, but if you're playing nickel when the opponent is on your five yard line and runs better than they pass, that's not going to matter.

If Joe Barely is here next year, that may be the beginning of the wilting of The Flower.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    One possibility I posited somewhere here was that Barely would stave off his firing one more time because so many starters are out. I hope to god not. You can have all your many first-round guys out there, but if you're playing nickel when the opponent is on your five yard line and runs better than they pass, that's not going to matter.

If Joe Barely is here next year, that may be the beginning of the wilting of The Flower.
    What’s with flower this, flower that. I prefer to call Lafleur the “Frog,” as a homage to his French ancestry.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

I can’t imagine Barry surviving this season. If he does, then I lose all confidence in LaFleur.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Funny to see people upset about MLF covering for his boy, while arguing that Love isn’t the main problem with this offense. Hmmmmmmm… but I’m sure it makes sense to them. Anyway, glad to see everyone getting excited to watch love hopefully have an average jay cutler game so they can continue to have some dysfunctional hope that stops them from hurting themselves this week.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    I can’t imagine Barry surviving this season. If he does, then I lose all confidence in LaFleur.
    I don't often agree with you, but on this, absolutely.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Foe the record, Mahomes wasn't a top 5 pick. He was the 10th pick in the 2017 draft. And the Chiefs didn't tank to get that pick. The Chiefs were 12-4 in 2016 and traded up from the 27th spot to the 10th spot to draft him.
    And he wears more rings than Rodgers.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    Funny to see people upset about MLF covering for his boy, while arguing that Love isn’t the main problem with this offense. Hmmmmmmm… but I’m sure it makes sense to them. Anyway, glad to see everyone getting excited to watch love hopefully have an average jay cutler game so they can continue to have some dysfunctional hope that stops them from hurting themselves this week.
    Can we pleased with progress without crafting the bust yet? I mean its rational and this is the internet so hot takes are more fun, but he is doing what is necessary. He hit 10 different pass catchers today in a 300 yard game....has rodgers EVER done that? Maybe, but regardless its a feat.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Can we pleased with progress without crafting the bust yet? I mean its rational and this is the internet so hot takes are more fun, but he is doing what is necessary. He hit 10 different pass catchers today in a 300 yard game....has rodgers EVER done that? Maybe, but regardless its a feat.

I'll keep saying it; I hope I'm wrong and Love turns into an elite QB.

Love helped his case a lot today

Ufortunately I think Joe Barry did as well

Two edged sword
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Love did look better, against an inept Chargers team at home. Let's see how he performs turkey day against the Lions.

Last 300 yard game for the previous Packer QB? December of . . . 2021.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Last 300 yard game for the previous Packer QB? December of . . . 2021.
    I’m traveling so my assessment will have to wait until I can view this powerhouse performance tonight. As of now, he seems to be good for a good game about once every 10 or so, which may be not good enough.

Alright, I’m at half time and I’m sorry but Love is still making fucktard decisions regularly. Mainly, it would seem the real issue is that he is an unathletic moron with zero leadership ability. He continues to throw to guys he knows cannot make the line instead of running, then when he does run, he looks like my 80 year old mother, but with less motivation. I would also note the broadcast is addressing the point I made weeeeeeeeeeks ago - that he is an indecisive retard. Slow clap for me.

Disagree. Thought Love overall had a good game. Not elite, not fucktard. Good enough to win.
    Another way to put it - he was as good in this game as Rodgers was last year. Not sure it was a fluke, he wasn't horrible vs. PIT but Love still has a lot to prove.

He had a good game. Sure, he wasn't perfect. If you're hellbent on looking for mistakes, you will find them from even the best QBs.

He needs to have this type of performance more often or it's not good enough.

You guys are seriously delusional. He can’t create with his feet. He was much better this game, but he’s still indecisive despite that being a point of emphasis this week. He misses easy throws (see early 4th Q throw to Musgrave that would have been a TD) in the name of trying to be Rodgeresque with his feet - which he lacks the ability do pull off. He has zero leadership on the field, or off, as far as I can tell.

He made most of the open throws this week. Which, sadly, is an improvement. But this was more of an exposing of an opponents defense than an awakening of a half black QB this week. And honestly, I am willing to give him credit where it is due, but it’s not looking good. Seriously - when the whitest guy on the field named Justin Herbert looks 500% more athletic than a Mulato named Jordan Love, you got issues.

TLDR: Love is still an indecisive, unathletic, low IQ QB with no ability to lead who played a team in disarray at home. Don’t get excited.

Also, you all can hate on this defense, but they’re the only reason we have more than 1 win this year.

I’m going all Madden on Thursdays game. If Love can lead this team to a win, I will forgive the rest of his obvious deficiencies for the rest of the season. I believe in heroic miracles, but I’m not counting on one. If the bell tolls Thursday, mark my words, I will forgive. Even if, like Sunday, the WRs do most of the heavy lifting. At least the pansy motherfucker threw the football like he intended someone to catch it half the time this week.

You guys are seriously delusional. He can’t create with his feet. He was much better this game, but he’s still indecisive despite that being a point of emphasis this week. He misses easy throws (see early 4th Q throw to Musgrave that would have been a TD) in the name of trying to be Rodgeresque with his feet - which he lacks the ability do pull off. He has zero leadership on the field, or off, as far as I can tell.

He made most of the open throws this week. Which, sadly, is an improvement. But this was more of an exposing of an opponents defense than an awakening of a half black QB this week. And honestly, I am willing to give him credit where it is due, but it’s not looking good. Seriously - when the whitest guy on the field named Justin Herbert looks 500% more athletic than a Mulato named Jordan Love, you got issues.

TLDR: Love is still an indecisive, unathletic, low IQ QB with no ability to lead who played a team in disarray at home. Don’t get excited.
    Fuck this. We don't need a racist poster obviously looking for attention. Go troll somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I'll keep saying it; I hope I'm wrong and Love turns into an elite QB.

Love helped his case a lot today

Ufortunately I think Joe Barry did as well

Two edged sword
    My statement was quite hedged. I'm NOT declaring him an elite QB after one good game. I'm NOT declaring him a bust after a couple bad ones. Its a process. Have an opinion fine, but when you run way the fuck out on a branch and it snaps, don't cry when you fall. Of course you can always just rewrite history or claim your account was hacked i guess.

Barry didn't do shit in my opinion, the Chargers didn't try to run for 200 or they would have. Keenan Allen dropped 2 passes that hit him in the numbers, that never happens. Barry might survive, but he shouldn't....and Detroit certainly will expose him Thursday. SD was poor on offense as have been many of the teams we played. Its hard to knock a man for stopping the offense in front of him, but the D has been punked by every decent QB they played before today, and if they had stuck to the run we probably would have lost. Staley was dumber than Barry. I'm not sure thats a feather in Barry's cap.

I know we are fans. We are Owl bound with every win and we are destined for the 80's all over again with every loss.

And skin, I'd say its nice to see you posting again.....IF and only IF you would offer up an opinion on anything other than Love sucking. We got ya on that one. You can take the rest of the season off if that all you have to offer.