Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Packers vs Vikings Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    Love has no accuracy. Absolutely none. I could make better throws.
    Truth

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    Mad enjoys talking to himself.
    Clicked some shit it’s open now.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    He is totally rattled. He had time to set and throw. He just threw.
    then he's been rattled all season

It’s stupid to knock Love’s accuracy too much.Yeah he is no Aaron Rodgers, but few are. Love played generally damn good yesterday IMO. He was just plagued by drops and interference not called. Some complain about low completion percentage.I see that as mostly care in avoiding interceptions. I want to see more of that, not that.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

That sumbitch might be crazy and a primedonna but man he is talented. We took that sumbitch for granted.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    That sumbitch might be crazy and a primedonna but man he is talented. We took that sumbitch for granted.
    We had our little guy at physical therapy yesterday. He toe walks and we’re getting his strength and flexibility up in his calfs. Anyway, since it’s Achilles he was bringing up Cousins injury and then the therapist talked about Cousins and Rodgers injuries. She said confidently that Rodgers will not play this year.

I saw some clips of Rodgers throwing the ball yesterday. He looked better than a couple weeks ago. I’m definitely rooting for him to defy science here. Would make his rebel conspiracy cred go through the roof.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Doubs/Watson: 17 targets, SEVEN catches, 51 yards.

51 yards on 17 attempts, yikes. They might as well just hand off to Dillon for that production.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Doubs/Watson: 17 targets, SEVEN catches, 51 yards.

51 yards on 17 attempts, yikes. They might as well just hand off to Dillon for that production.

Chrissy has been nothing short of a failure so far

And keep in mind we have up TWO second round draft picks to get him
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Chrissy has been nothing short of a failure so far

And keep in mind we have up TWO second round draft picks to get him
    I was a big doubter on day one. He did have a few bright spots last year. But he’s so damn inconsistent and always injured.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    I was a big doubter on day one. He did have a few bright spots last year. But he’s so damn inconsistent and always injured.
    He's incredibly fast

But he's a shitty route runner and iMO he is not strong when fighting for the jump ball.

Rodgers made him look very good in small samples
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

He's incredibly fast

But he's a shitty route runner and iMO he is not strong when fighting for the jump ball.

Yep!!! Horrible route runner. Same as MVS that way. And any contested ball, he just shrinks into the smallest guy on the field and gives up. And even when it’s not contested, he drops half of them.

He has some major, major issues and one glaring strength that can almost never be used because he has to catch it first.

I do remember people giving up on Davante Adams in his 2nd year. Both Adams and Watson had promising rookie years and struggled through injury plagued 2nd years. Everybody needs to take a deep breath on Christian Warson.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Adams was injured his second year though. Watson is just afraid of contact and isn’t physical enough. In short he’s a bitch boy.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Adams was injured his second year though. Watson is just afraid of contact and isn’t physical enough. In short he’s a bitch boy.
    You're acknowledging that injuries affected Adams' season without acknowledging that the same could be true of Watson. How can you know how Watson is feeling physically?
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

He's incredibly fast

Like when he took that crosser to the house against the eagles by outrunning 3 guys who had the angle on him? Rodgers made him look good on that play? Rodgers did that from the sideline?
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I do remember people giving up on Davante Adams in his 2nd year. Both Adams and Watson had promising rookie years and struggled through injury plagued 2nd years. Everybody needs to take a deep breath on Christian Warson.
    I cant be confident that he’s a bust. But it’s not looking good for him.

I don't think Watson is a bust. I don't think they've been using him correctly, and Love has been underthrowing him as well.
    Have him run slants, crossers, and go routes. Don't make him run a full, refined route tree. He's not there yet. Give him an end around to scare the defense and give them something to think about. I don't see a lot of creativity since early in the season.

Yeah these young guys need to grow up/develop fast and it's not a linear process. I get that. I just think MLF needs to meet them partway and stop forcing them to do things they aren't good at and then throw his hands up in frustration on the sideline. Coaches should put players in positions to succeed, but also give the opportunity to grow/be challenged. Same as how you'd manage people who work for you.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    I don't think Watson is a bust. I don't think they've been using him correctly, and Love has been underthrowing him as well.
    Have him run slants, crossers, and go routes. Don't make him run a full, refined route tree. He's not there yet. Give him an end around to scare the defense and give them something to think about. I don't see a lot of creativity since early in the season.

Yeah these young guys need to grow up/develop fast and it's not a linear process. I get that. I just think MLF needs to meet them partway and stop forcing them to do things they aren't good at and then throw his hands up in frustration on the sideline. Coaches should put players in positions to succeed, but also give the opportunity to grow/be challenged. Same as how you'd manage people who work for you.
    Pretty much, yeah. Just have him do what he should theoretically be good at. Only problem is, he also has to catch the ball. And not be injured. So it’s not all on the coaches.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Like when he took that crosser to the house against the eagles by outrunning 3 guys who had the angle on him? Rodgers made him look good on that play? Rodgers did that from the sideline?

I agree with you.

That was one great play

I agree with you.

That was one great play
    It shows what he is capable of. Now will he translate it into consistency? I hope so. I'd like to see them hit him on that route a few times this year. Anything basically where he can catch the ball on the move in space.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.