Love - 24-41, 229 yardspassing,1 TD, 1 INT, 72.1 passer rating

Reed - 4 catches, 83 yards.

Packers with 11 penalties for 99 yards.

Discuss. If you want to.

Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

There was a lot of yelling at the TV going on over here. Mostly on Viking's 3rd and 8.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

A verifiable shit show. I had to leave right after Nijman came into the game because my wife's car broke down. Sounds like I was the lucky one.

There are so many duds. Jones dropped a pass and fumbled. Musgrave dropped a pass. I watched Myers whiff on a DT that was lined up LITERALLY in his face. Walker whiffed 2x after getting a TE chip to slow a guy down. Defense bent and bent and bent and then broke. I would say it wasn't their fault as we went 3 and out like first 5 possessions, but when you bleed them right into FG range its your fault. Love looked shell shocked. MiLF must have no confidence in him because series after series I see shotgun draw, 2 yards to Musgrave, send 3 out in routes and still have Love under pressure.

Its actually so bad I can't put my finger on anything. OL ineptness, WR with no separation, penalties, and zone coverages that leave chunks of green that I could chip into from 100 yards and only risk hitting a WR. This weeks thread will be duds and bigger duds. Coaching, players, player aquisition? None of it looks adequate at this point. Oh well, I knew it would be a rough year, but I was hoping to have some things to feel positive about.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Is the defense actually good? Not losing by 40 has to say something when the O can’t even get the chains to jingle a little.

Before today I thought the Packers looked like a young team losing close games. Today they just looked like a bad team.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    If Love had accuracy and football IQ of Tua or Purdy, he’d be all-pro.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Is the defense actually good? Not losing by 40 has to say something when the O can’t even get the chains to jingle a little.
    Absolutely not. Every drive by the opposing team is 10 plays or longer. The opposing team NEVER punts. We consider it great defense if we hold them to a FG.
    It's bottom 10 defense with young talent that isn't progressing... except Gary. Look at Alexander and Clark. Are they better than they were a year ago?
    7 games in, and I think the coaching is bad on both sides of the ball.

What team are we undeniably better than? I haven't seen Carolina play, but we'll have a chance to see in a few weeks. We truly have a chance to get the 1st or 2nd pick in the draft.

The only thing I'd bet on right now is that our first round pick won't progress.

If my uncle had titties he'd be my aunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    Take it to FYI!!!!
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Sounds like cousins tore his Achilles.

Yea he's done.

there needs to be serious questions about the coaching staff

we have a head coach who was brought in to be a yes man to the vet QB who in turn, ran his own offense

he has shown no ability to prepare this team, coach this team, or make enough adjustments on the fly

same stupid mistakes over and over again, same stupid uninspired play calls over and over again. no players getting better

i just don't think he's the guy for a young team. he sure as hell isn't the offensive guru people were claiming he was with a HOF QB

Yea he's done.
    so much for the whole "artificial grass is the devil" that we heard after rodgers injury

lambeau is about as good as you can get with natural grass (even though it has a weave)

The only good thing about this is that there will be no hiding behind some late season rebound for the coaching staff. This thing is going to completely implode as the players lose all faith in the coaches. How many times are the players going to trot onto the field to run stupid plays and schemes before they start openly criticizing the logic of it?
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    I think we, as an organization, need to look at Murphy and what he has done creating silos. It doesn’t work as well in my opinion. Be a man and pick your GM and let him run the show. I think MM was afraid of losing Ball and didn’t think Gute was ready to run the whole show, so he created the 3 headed monster we have now.

Gute needs to take a deep look at the coaching staff. The Packers really haven’t developed a lot of talent. We haven’t improved the whole year. We haven’t had a game other than verses Chi where we have come out with any intensity. That lies on MiLF. I am no not sure he is the solution for what we need going forward.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    I think we, as an organization, need to look at Murphy and what he has done creating silos. It doesn’t work as well in my opinion. Be a man and pick your GM and let him run the show. I think MM was afraid of losing Ball and didn’t think Gute was ready to run the whole show, so he created the 3 headed monster we have now.

Gute needs to take a deep look at the coaching staff. The Packers really haven’t developed a lot of talent. We haven’t improved the whole year. We haven’t had a game other than verses Chi where we have come out with any intensity. That lies on MiLF. I am no not sure he is the solution for what we need going forward.
    I started thinking about this after the Vegas game and wondered what changes we would make. As it turns out, the answer was no changes. The OL looks the same from left to right even though people who study the film say that it's been a tire fire with only Tom and Jenkins playing at an average NFL level.
    No one has been held accountable.

We knew the WRs and TEs would have growing pains and they definitely have with bad routes, wrong routes, and dropped passes. Seven games in, the same mistakes are being made. Who's coaching these guys? Our QB, though far from perfect, can't even be fairly evaluated because film study from quite a few experts show receivers widening routes, quitting on routes, and taking the wrong route. They do this game after game. What looks to the fan watching the game as an underthrow or overthrow or errant throw might be a receiver running to the wrong place on the field.

Probably the best way to check the accuracy of the QB is when he's running for his life because the OL can't block and he has to make a running throw to receiver that changed his route to help him. Strangely, those have been the best plays this team has made and seem to only happen in the 2nd half after MLF takes the leash off Love.

We can't win with this defense playing bend but don't break. With them not playing aggressively, keeping everything in front of them, and taking no chances. This young offense needs turnovers and field position. They need to get on the field so they can build up a rhythm. They can't sit on the bench for 7, 8, or 9 minutes without seeing the ball.
    That's a coaching philosophy that should have already changed, but never seems to change.

Why has Sean Rhyan not replaced Runyan? Why is Nijman being kept out of games? Would our offense look worse with those changes? I can't believe that it would.

When will the defense change its philosophy and play aggressively. Will we lose more than we have been losing? Is this staff a staff that can help to improve a young team?

I'm fearing the answer is no.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by beveaux1 View Post
    Absolutely not. Every drive by the opposing team is 10 plays or longer. The opposing team NEVER punts. We consider it great defense if we hold them to a FG.
    It's bottom 10 defense with young talent that isn't progressing... except Gary. Look at Alexander and Clark. Are they better than they were a year ago?
    7 games in, and I think the coaching is bad on both sides of the ball.

What team are we undeniably better than? I haven't seen Carolina play, but we'll have a chance to see in a few weeks. We truly have a chance to get the 1st or 2nd pick in the draft.

The only thing I'd bet on right now is that our first round pick won't progress.
    I’m just trying to find some light. Offense is dry, Matt Lafleur is more like Pepe LaPew. Thought M3 had came back skinny after having his stomach stapled. The way LaPew was staring into his playbook like it was a unknown menu seemed lost. Thought it would break out into a Snickers Want to Get Away commercial. The whole team is in disarray.

Not so. Many, many old fat drunk uncles have titties. But unlike MLF, they don’t have vaginas. So your uncle is still your uncle. But MLF might just have a puddy. His play calling is horrible.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fosco33 View Post
    Sounds like cousins tore his Achilles.
    That really sucks for him and the Vikes. Never want to see that. He seems like a good dude.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    so much for the whole "artificial grass is the devil" that we heard after rodgers injury

Lambeau is about as good as you can get with natural grass (even though it has a weave)
    Different situation. Rodgers got his foot caught under him when he was squished. Cousins just had his snap without being hit. No field could prevent that. Just bad luck for the Vikings and Cousins. At least it wasn't nearly as bad as the last time a Viking QB was injured on a non-contact play. Doubly bad for Minn because they have already won too many games to get a top pick, plus they are likely to get another win the next time they play the Packers.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!