Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
But, according many smart Pack fans, the Packers are presently in a cap hell. In the 90’s, the 69ers went all-in once. Won a Super Bowl then fell into a cap hell. Consequently, they lost Neon Deion to the Cowfuckers.

If the Packers are in a cap hell, it should be illogical for the Packers to retain Gary for $107M. Either the Packers are NOT in a cap hell or they’re cooking the cap. Some burger flipper once said that cap hell doesn’t exist anymore and any team can always cook the cap.
I thought I was the one who said that hahahaha and you intelligently echoed me. Don’t sell yourself short. You generally exhibit a helluva lot more smarts (on this end of the forum anyway) this than the supposed real CPA in here.

Of course the cap is cooked, depending on how you define cooking, specifically, the use of bonuses. I would assume that $34m+ of guaranteed money is the rest of this year’s salary plus the bonus. It’s eminently logical to pay him that much based on the way he plays and the importance of his position.

And of course pretty much everybody does that perfectly legal and highly intelligent kind of cap cooking.