Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Gary Extended

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SudsMcBucky View Post
    Yep, now you're just arguing to argue. A SMALL AMOUNT, FFS!!! And if you are still trying to argue this team isn't in cap hell THIS year, it's a good thing you still flip burgers.
    Yo, you’re the one who argued the Gary extension “doesn’t INCREASE current cap hit.”

According to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Gary’s cap hit went from 10.9 to 11.7 post extension. I realize that the increase ain’t that phat, but I ain’t the one who doesn’t understand elementary math. An increase is an increase, no matter how phat.

And would you argue that backloaded contracts post the risk of a “cap hell” in the future? According to know it all Packerrats capologists, the “dead money” of Butte, Amos, Lewis, Cobb, among others, is primarily the reason the Packers are in a cap hell.

If so, wouldn’t it be unwise for a team already drowning in cap hell to keep handing out phat, backloaded contracts? The Fucking Center got paid in December or January. Gary now got paid. Looks like the Packers will be in cap hell for a long ass fucking time.

Oh wait, cap hell is short-term, right? If so, who cares that the Packers are in a cap hell today since they’re just gonna escape said hell tomorrow?

Gary’s extension is proof that the Packers were never - and are not - in a “cap hell.”
    Last edited by Anti-Polar Bear; 10-31-2023 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Studying the definition of pomp.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Yep, now you're just arguing to argue
    That about sums it up, from what I can see.

GET ON WITH IT!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    GET ON WITH IT!!!!!!!

Always pardon me, forgive me that..