Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
Those who choose None of the Above, could also comment a complete overhaul would bring you the most hope
I’m struggling with how I, as a Packer fan, and we, as Packer fans, are possibly suffering a disconnect between our pre-season stated expectations and how we are responding to how the season is going.

The vast majority of us said we knew they were in a rebuild and expected poorer results than we’ve seen in the past. If I recall correctly, most of us predicted between 6 - 11 and 10 - 7. Most also acknowledged the first half would be the worst, but if the team improved over the second half, we’d think the team was heading the right direction.

So, as I’ve written elsewhere, what the hell did I - did we - think losing football would look like? Teams lose because they play badly and can’t make that one big play at a key moment. The Packers have had chances at ends of games to win. Would we all feel the entire organization was heading in the right direction if Jordan Love had completed just one bomb at the end of one of those close-loss games to win it and make the Packers 3 - 4 instead of 2 - 5?

They call them “growing pains” for a reason. Are we just not able to accept in our guts what our brains said would happen (young offense, lots of drops and penalties)? Or is there a way to be 2 - 5 and say “gee, I think things are going okay for this rebuild”?