View Poll Results: WHO GIVES YOU THE MOST HOPE FOR THE FUTURE ???

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gooter, aka....Nice Job Gootbag....our GM

0 0%
  • Matt, I'm a pretty dang nice guy LaFleur

0 0%
  • Jordan, the Accuracy Love Machine

2 22.22%
  • DANGET; None of the Above

7 77.78%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HOPE FOR THE FUTURE

Blog Entries

HOPE FOR THE FUTURE

What say you Rats ? Sarcasm added to Poll Options for Pot Stirring Effect

WHO GIVES YOU THE MOST HOPE FOR THE FUTURE ??
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Those who choose None of the Above, could also comment a complete overhaul would bring you the most hope
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I tend to hate sarcasm. My first impression is to think positive about all of the above. If you were going for something negative, you shoulda put God damned Joe Barry on there.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I tend to hate sarcasm. My first impression is to think positive about all of the above. If you were going for something negative, you shoulda put God damned Joe Barry on there.
    Everybody hates Joe Barry Tex; that is TOO EASY

I want to know who we have the most faith in

I'm not sure I really have faith in any of them

ok, if you insist. I suppose Love - but I still say ALL of the above. And yeah, I know I used to be negative about Love, but he has won me over. Gutekunst has been maybe 60/40 good over bad as a GM, and LaFleur has not done well so far without Aaron Rodgers. Optimist that I am, though, I have strong hope that all will improve.

Little faith in any of those at the moment. They won't get the axe before the end of the season, so there is some slight chance they will turn things around, but so far none of them are looking great. The vaunted OLine looks like shit. The speedy receivers are struggling to get open, so they are lacking talent, or the scheme is lacking. Love is missing too many throws and is chucking the ball into double coverage on all the deep balls. The defense isn't a pressure defense, it's a wilt under pressure defense.
    So is it the players, the coaches or both. Hard to tell from my couch, but things aren't looking bright.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Things are pretty bleak right now bud.

Love hasn't been good enough. But he's hung in there despite the rest of the offense falling apart around him.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Love hasn't been good enough. But he's hung in there despite the rest of the offense falling apart around him.
    From what I have seen so far, I am hoping Love is not our quarterback in 2 years.

He's a little more Brett Favre than Aaron Rodgers for sure.

Yeah, the odds of finding a great quarterback are far from great, so I always kind of expect a guy to be average. And he’s played kind of average or below average in his first year.

But he makes some wow throws. I like that he plays tough and doesn’t go down easy. He doesn’t look baffled or overwhelmed. The offense seems a little more clunky and less in rhythm, but that was a clear and obvious drop when Rodgers replaced a 16 year starter too. The whole field general, set a rhythm aspect of quarterback play is underrated.

Even though I doubt him, he has done enough to see avenues for success. If he comes on a little bit down the stretch, he’s lining himself up for a modest contract. If we end up with a top 6-8 pick and don’t love the quarterbacks after the first two, maybe you just extend Love and build around him.

We’ll see what happens. Would be nice if the young skill group could get on the same page before the season is over so we can get a better read.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    He's a little more Brett Favre than Aaron Rodgers for sure.
    This is something that would make a good poll hahahaha. I'd say Love more resembles Rodgers than Favre. His inaccuracy is overrated. He is generally careful not to throw picks - with very very few exceptions. The throwing into double coverage happened on that desperation play at the end of that game, but any other times? Not that I recall (let the whiny fact checkers cone out from under their rocks hahahaha).

As RG said, it's not that easy to find another great QB. Lightning striking a third time could happen, but it's a long shot. What I see from Love, though, is a QB already better than well over than half the starting QBs around the league and very likely to get a lot better.

Not enough track record to truly judge Love at this point. He’s not helping the offense, but the rest of the offensive roster isn’t doing much either.

Gute has a track record. He’s not a terrible GM, but he’s far from brilliant. He was somewhat handcuffed by Rodgers, and I believe he made the right call to move on when many other GMs may have not. His recent drafts have been lackluster, but he has several good ones to start. If Love proves a failure, it will be a large black mark on Gute’s record. He wasted draft capital to move up to take a guy who wasn’t likely to play for 2-3 years when the team was on the cusp of a title. Overall, I can’t say I have a lot faith in him.

MLF has proven to remarkably incompetent without a HOF under center. Nearly anyone can be a capable NFL head coach with that luxury. The decision to retain Barry was truly stupid. Development of younger players has been mediocre at best. He’s at the helm of what looks like one of the worst coaching staff in the league. The guys who left for promotions from his staff have also largely fallen on their faces. I have no confidence at this point that MLF is capable of rebuilding this after it goes in the ditch and burns like a tire fire. He doesn’t have the nasty necessary to hold people accountable.

I’d like to say I had confidence in someone, but I don’t. Forced to choose, I’d take Gute, because I think he’s at least a mediocre GM. An inaccurate QB and coach that wants to be friends are worse than mediocre.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

I think love has potential. He looked pretty good for part...
    No he looked pretty good at the start....
    He has had a few complete....

Never mind. Can anybode find me some one to.....
    All tyrannies rule through fraud and force, but once the fraud is exposed they must rely exclusively on force.

George Orwell

Blog Entries
    ok, if you insist. I suppose Love - but I still say ALL of the above. And yeah, I know I used to be negative about Love, but he has won me over. Gutekunst has been maybe 60/40 good over bad as a GM, and LaFleur has not done well so far without Aaron Rodgers. Optimist that I am, though, I have strong hope that all will improve.

SO FAR he's more similar to Brett Hundley than Aaron Rodgers or Brett Favre

I was going ot bring up Desean Kiser, who Gutebag liked enough to trade too much for him..........but yall remember that of course

Blog Entries
    This is something that would make a good poll hahahaha. I'd say Love more resembles Rodgers than Favre. His inaccuracy is overrated. He is generally careful not to throw picks - with very very few exceptions. The throwing into double coverage happened on that desperation play at the end of that game, but any other times? Not that I recall (let the whiny fact checkers cone out from under their rocks hahahaha).

As RG said, it's not that easy to find another great QB. Lightning striking a third time could happen, but it's a long shot. What I see from Love, though, is a QB already better than well over than half the starting QBs around the league and very likely to get a lot better.

BETTER than over half the starters ?

TEX, care to post the NFL Quarterback Ratings yet...the TD to INT ratio..completion percentage....etc............this is kinda crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    BETTER than over half the starters ?

TEX, care to post the NFL Quarterback Ratings yet...the TD to INT ratio..completion percentage....etc............this is kinda crazy
    A little bit crazy, but not too much. I saw a site that rated receiver groups based on drops and contested catches. Packers receivers were at or near the bottom. Packers are near the bottom at rushing the ball. Few, if any starting QB's have had as little support from their teammates as Love has had.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Jayden Reed is on pace for 750 yards and looks like our most talented receiver at this point.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Jayden Reed is on pace for 750 yards and looks like our most talented receiver at this point.
    agree 1000 percent

I have hope for one OL and one WR and one TE on our team. Reed gives us some hope

Blog Entries
    A little bit crazy, but not too much. I saw a site that rated receiver groups based on drops and contested catches. Packers receivers were at or near the bottom. Packers are near the bottom at rushing the ball. Few, if any starting QB's have had as little support from their teammates as Love has had.
    And out OC and HC are weak as well.
    And our WR's suck and our TE's are below average

But I'm not going to be a complete apologist. I want to see better accuracy and decisions from Love. And no stats out there I know of would support Love being a top half QB right now