Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
Love hasn't been good enough. But he's hung in there despite the rest of the offense falling apart around him.
Yeah, the odds of finding a great quarterback are far from great, so I always kind of expect a guy to be average. And he’s played kind of average or below average in his first year.

But he makes some wow throws. I like that he plays tough and doesn’t go down easy. He doesn’t look baffled or overwhelmed. The offense seems a little more clunky and less in rhythm, but that was a clear and obvious drop when Rodgers replaced a 16 year starter too. The whole field general, set a rhythm aspect of quarterback play is underrated.

Even though I doubt him, he has done enough to see avenues for success. If he comes on a little bit down the stretch, he’s lining himself up for a modest contract. If we end up with a top 6-8 pick and don’t love the quarterbacks after the first two, maybe you just extend Love and build around him.

We’ll see what happens. Would be nice if the young skill group could get on the same page before the season is over so we can get a better read.