Thread: Rasul Douglas Traded To Bills

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Travisb72 View Post
    One mistake on the age. The rest is pure conjecture on your part. So you think this team is only one LT, and a rookie LT at that, away from “making noise”? How about our center, RG, Dline, cornerback, safeties, LB, defensive coordinator and qb who really hasn’t shown much? And you think a rookie LT is going to come in and fix that all?? There’s a reason that this team is one of the worst in the league right now, and it isn’t because of just the LT.
    Also, Detroit has finally become good after years of inept management and coaching and high draft picks. They did not just turn their franchise around in a year.
    But hey, at least you can hang your hat on me being off 1 year on Rasul’s age. Even at 28, unless his name is sauce or prime time, a gm isn’t planning the future around him.
    You were off by "slightly above average" as well. PFF has him ranked 10th in entire league. No matter how little faith you put in their grades, they grade all players on same scale. Also, note that the vikings picked on Jaire, not douglas. how many games ended with douglas picking a pass off in the last few seasons?

And yes, one bookend LT (rookie top 10 LTs usually have immediate impact) will change the course of this team along with all our offense (who are on rookie contracts) stepping forward some. You think our LBs suck?? I guess, Gary and preston blow. Campbell wasn't all pro recently and Quay isn't an ascending player. Our CBs suck? Well, trading the best one hurts for sure, but thats kind of my point.

You are basically a fan. Either everyone on the roster is all pro (Tex) or they all are trash (you). The truth is that there is plenty of talent, but the team has some serious needs to go along with being extremely young. After 2 games half the forum anointed Love HoF status. 5 weeks later he is garbage and needs to be replaced after playing 7 games (5 with a sieve of an OL).

The glass truly is half full. Its also truly half empty. How they play it from here will matter, and trading your best CB who has 3-4 years left in him to move up 40 spots probably isn't the right way to play it.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    You were off by "slightly above average" as well. PFF has him ranked 10th in entire league. No matter how little faith you put in their grades, they grade all players on same scale. Also, note that the vikings picked on Jaire, not douglas. how many games ended with douglas picking a pass off in the last few seasons?

And yes, one bookend LT (rookie top 10 LTs usually have immediate impact) will change the course of this team along with all our offense (who are on rookie contracts) stepping forward some. You think our LBs suck?? I guess, Gary and preston blow. Campbell wasn't all pro recently and Quay isn't an ascending player. Our CBs suck? Well, trading the best one hurts for sure, but thats kind of my point.

You are basically a fan. Either everyone on the roster is all pro (Tex) or they all are trash (you). The truth is that there is plenty of talent, but the team has some serious needs to go along with being extremely young. After 2 games half the forum anointed Love HoF status. 5 weeks later he is garbage and needs to be replaced after playing 7 games (5 with a sieve of an OL).

The glass truly is half full. Its also truly half empty. How they play it from here will matter, and trading your best CB who has 3-4 years left in him to move up 40 spots probably isn't the right way to play it.
    There’s a reason they are 28th against the run. Gary is a pash rusher, who doesn’t play any outside contain or the run. Preston is just ok. Campbell was all pro 3 years ago and is a shell of that player and can’t stay healthy. Losing their best CB will hurts big time. Their safeties are trash.
    I like quay, big fatty Slaton, wyatt and Iowa boy has potential and jaire when healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Travisb72 View Post
    There’s a reason they are 28th against the run. Gary is a pash rusher, who doesn’t play any outside contain or the run. Preston is just ok. Campbell was all pro 3 years ago and is a shell of that player and can’t stay healthy. Losing their best CB will hurts big time. Their safeties are trash.
    I like quay, big fatty Slaton, wyatt and Iowa boy has potential and jaire when healthy.
    Campbell was All Pro at the end of the 2021 season. Last year he was banged up but pretty damn good in 13 games. This season is 4 games old. See, when you exaggerate with "3 years ago" you lose credibility. You try and make it sound like his last good year was 3 seasons removed, when it was 1 full season ago.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Campbell was All Pro at the end of the 2021 season. Last year he was banged up but pretty damn good in 13 games. This season is 4 games old. See, when you exaggerate with "3 years ago" you lose credibility. You try and make it sound like his last good year was 3 seasons removed, when it was 1 full season ago.
    1.5 for the end of the season, 2.5 from the beginning. Average is 2 years IMO. The dude is not gonna be that dude or he wouldn’t have been a street free agent.

Fluke thing like John Salmons on the Bucks or that Asian fella hooping for a minute there a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    1.5 for the end of the season, 2.5 from the beginning. Average is 2 years IMO. The dude is not gonna be that dude or he wouldn’t have been a street free agent.

Fluke thing like John Salmons on the Bucks or that Asian fella hooping for a minute there a few years back.
    Except he is that dude. He plays at a very high level when he is on the field. Probably about the 15th best ILB in the NFL overall. Maybe better than that. And no, not 2.5. 1.5, He was all pro in 2021. That was the season. In 2022 he had some injury issues, but wasn't BAD when he played. That would be one season, not 2. This is 2023. He has been solid when on the field. And again, if the fatties in front of them did their job he would be even better.