Quote Originally Posted by SudsMcBucky View Post
Meh, he's no spring chicken anymore. His current contract is a nonstarter for 2024 so he'd have to have been agreeable to a sizeable restructure. Move ahead with the youth movement at this point in time.
He is the 10th best CB in the NFL according to PFF. $11.6 for his last year is a nonstarter?? Man, who should we pay then?

Quote Originally Posted by Travisb72 View Post
A gm that would give up a first for Douglas would be tarred, feathered and beheaded before being burned at the stake.

Why would any competent GM’s include a 29 year old, slightly above average, cornerback in their big plans for the future. This team is probably 2-3 years away from being decent. That’ll put Rasul at 31-32 years old.
Yes, I know no one would give a first which is why I knew I hated this deal. Duh...exactly what I was saying.

With an added year together and a new LT in the draft this team could make noise in next year. This isn't 1989 where rebuilds take years. It can be fast. See Lions, Detroit.

And he isn't slightly above average, he is top 10 based on metrics. He is not 29, he is 28. He is also a relentless studier who taught Jaire how to film study. I can see where thats not the guy you want around younger players. Maybe sign Antonio Brown to build the locker room.

Thats a lot of mistakes in one post. I'll cut you some slack and assume post #8 will be more accurate. At least get the age right. Thats easy to google.