Thread: Rasul Douglas Traded To Bills

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    It's a loss, but we didn't give up that much if the level of play was about the same before and after the trade.
    Since we suck ass on D, by that logic, we could trade anyone for a 7th
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Since we suck ass on D, by that logic, we could trade anyone for a 7th
    No, trading other players would have made a bigger difference. We could be much worse. For example, if Gary was out all year.

If the results of the game don't change after the trade, how's it a loss to the team?

No, trading other players would have made a bigger difference. We could be much worse. For example, if Gary was out all year.

If the results of the game don't change after the trade, how's it a loss to the team?
    Our defense hasn't stopped anyone. If Gary were out we wouldn't stop anyone.

Our defense hasn't stopped anyone. If Gary were out we wouldn't stop anyone.
    That's hyperbole. They would have lost every single game if they never stopped anyone, so as bad as they were, they could have been worse.

That's hyperbole. They would have lost every single game if they never stopped anyone, so as bad as they were, they could have been worse.
    Right...but its also hyperbole to say we didn't suffer for losing Douglas. We did....and in the playoffs I would really like to have him.

Its ok if you use hyperbole, just don't call me out when I do it back like I'm the bad guy.

Right...but its also hyperbole to say we didn't suffer for losing Douglas. We did....and in the playoffs I would really like to have him.

Its ok if you use hyperbole, just don't call me out when I do it back like I'm the bad guy.
    I was assessing what we really lost. I suggested the drop-off in play wasn't very noticable and it probably didn't change the outcomesof any games.

You tell me if that's equivalent as saying out defense hasn't stopped anyone, so losing our most dominant pass rusher wouldn't have mattered.