Thread: Rasul Douglas Traded To Bills

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Bretsky mentions one other thing that has bugged me since preseason. The decision NOT to bring back Mercedes. For me it has nothing to do with his talent on the field at this point, but you brought in 2 rookie TEs (3 with sims later) and you don't want a pros pro showing them how its done? Douglas relentlessly studied film. Didn't bother with trash talk, just let his play talk. Was a willing tackler. Everything you want the young guys to emulate....thats who we traded.

I didn't like Gutes from the start, but couldn't argue with on field success. Now I'm starting to think he doesn't know shit about building a locker room. I won't slam the door on him just yet, but the best players on our teams were TT guys (for all you TT bashers). As the TT talent left Gutes spent a ton of money to stay competitive while the young talent didn't come through. As we lost them one by one, Bulaga, Linsley, Adams, Rodgers and soon Jones and Clark we are getting worse results. Gutes ran us against the realistic stretching of the cap to keep winning, but the cupboards were bare.

So here we are, restocking. It had to happen and it will define Gutes. I like a lot of the young talent. I think we have a shot next year to be much better. But without the Rasuls and Mercedes around to teach them, it could go a totally different way.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Bretsky mentions one other thing that has bugged me since preseason. The decision NOT to bring back Mercedes. For me it has nothing to do with his talent on the field at this point, but you brought in 2 rookie TEs (3 with sims later) and you don't want a pros pro showing them how its done? Douglas relentlessly studied film. Didn't bother with trash talk, just let his play talk. Was a willing tackler. Everything you want the young guys to emulate....thats who we traded.

I didn't like Gutes from the start, but couldn't argue with on field success. Now I'm starting to think he doesn't know shit about building a locker room. I won't slam the door on him just yet, but the best players on our teams were TT guys (for all you TT bashers). As the TT talent left Gutes spent a ton of money to stay competitive while the young talent didn't come through. As we lost them one by one, Bulaga, Linsley, Adams, Rodgers and soon Jones and Clark we are getting worse results. Gutes ran us against the realistic stretching of the cap to keep winning, but the cupboards were bare.

So here we are, restocking. It had to happen and it will define Gutes. I like a lot of the young talent. I think we have a shot next year to be much better. But without the Rasuls and Mercedes around to teach them, it could go a totally different way.

It's like Gutebag finds no value in leaders of this young team. I never though Marcedes was a great player, but he was a Great F'cking Blocker at TE and a leader on and off the field. In the last couple weeks we had all kinds of OL forgetting their assigments and whiffing. Our rushing offense is horrible for many reasons, but not having a TE with any interest in blocking is one of the big ones.

Does Gute thing our coaching staff is so strong he places no value at all in team leaders ? I sure don't. I wasn't a fan of Gute early, and the past couple years I've flipped back and forth. But lately, I'm thinking having a HOF QB like Aaron Rodgers covered up a lot of Gutebag's deficiencies. And as an effective communicator and leader, I think Gutebag has next to nothing. And I don't wanna go back here again, but the system Marcia Murphy set up, with the people he has it it, just sucks as well.

Trading Rasul, who could have several years left of good play, for what we got, to me was a desperation move that sends terrible messages inside that locker room.

I"m on the verge, of geting the keys, boarding, and starting to sell the tickets to ride the Bye Bye Gutebag Bus with me.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?