Thread: Rasul Douglas Traded To Bills

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    General comments on remarks in this thread:

I hated to see Douglas go, but......

Moving from the 5th round to the 3rd round is more significant than has been implied. I think some of you are forgetting that there will be 10 or so compensatory draft picks awarded at the ends of the 3rd and 4th rounds. Even if the move is from #1 in round 5 to #32 in round 3, it will likely be more than 40 spots.

The added draft capital can be bundled with others in trades. Maybe from round 2 back into late round 1, both 3s to mid round 2, etc. They will now have a lot more flexibility to maneuver around in the draft.

I suspect the thinking was Douglas would be released next offseason anyway for cap management purposes. Any more wins he would aid in this year are meaningless. Might as well see if Valentine or Stokes when he returns can be the guy for 2024 and beyond. 2023 is a player evaluation year.

This was probably the right thing to dp, given the situation.
    And how happy would any of us be if Guter did what his counterpart in Chicago just did?? They traded a second-round pick for a Rashan-Gary-like pass rusher and gave him a big extension. And the are 2 - 6. Was that a good move? I wonder what Packer fans think.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    And how happy would any of us be if Guter did what his counterpart in Chicago just did?? They traded a second-round pick for a Rashan-Gary-like pass rusher and gave him a big extension. And the are 2 - 6. Was that a good move? I wonder what Packer fans think.
    How’s their cap and free agency looking? We’ll be through now 65m of Cap and another 20m for Bacteria.

We need a vet WR, TE, LT and at least a decent backup QB. That’s like 30m needed alone.

We have like a dozen players entering FE and imagine we need another 20m for some of those folks (Nixon, Savage, Yosh).