Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Rasul Douglas Traded To Bills

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    Wait, this ears best packers cb and a 5th for a 3rd.

Remind me why I supported gute on my last post here
    It hurts them this year, but it's not a terrible move in the long run, especially if Jaire/Stokes can get healthy and consistent. I think they really like Valentine, and they have a logjam at outside receiver anyway.
    Other teams are only going to want your good players. Nobody is trading for Royce Newman.

Vikings going both directions weirds me out. Do they see Dobbs having a place on the 2024 roster?
    I believe in God, family, Baylor University, and the Green Bay Packers.

Sul was probably our 2nd best defender after Gary this year.

Hopefully we get in the Drake Maye sweepstakes
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by SudsMcBucky View Post
    Meh, he's no spring chicken anymore. His current contract is a nonstarter for 2024 so he'd have to have been agreeable to a sizeable restructure. Move ahead with the youth movement at this point in time.
    He is the 10th best CB in the NFL according to PFF. $11.6 for his last year is a nonstarter?? Man, who should we pay then?

Quote Originally Posted by Travisb72 View Post
    A gm that would give up a first for Douglas would be tarred, feathered and beheaded before being burned at the stake.

Why would any competent GM’s include a 29 year old, slightly above average, cornerback in their big plans for the future. This team is probably 2-3 years away from being decent. That’ll put Rasul at 31-32 years old.
    Yes, I know no one would give a first which is why I knew I hated this deal. Duh...exactly what I was saying.

With an added year together and a new LT in the draft this team could make noise in next year. This isn't 1989 where rebuilds take years. It can be fast. See Lions, Detroit.

And he isn't slightly above average, he is top 10 based on metrics. He is not 29, he is 28. He is also a relentless studier who taught Jaire how to film study. I can see where thats not the guy you want around younger players. Maybe sign Antonio Brown to build the locker room.

Thats a lot of mistakes in one post. I'll cut you some slack and assume post #8 will be more accurate. At least get the age right. Thats easy to google.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Sul was probably our 2nd best defender after Gary this year.
    i completely agree with this

this is a terrible trade. we gave up our best DB for less then a 3rd

are we in full rebuild mode? why weren't we in that mode already last offseason?

See, Red and Rash agree with me....shit, I better reconsider.

Just kidding guys, we all agree....Gutes fucked this one up.

It's an ok trade. The net is in the range of the bottom of round 3 to the middle of round 4. It all depends if GB can avoid their 3rd round curse.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    i completely agree with this

this is a terrible trade. we gave up our best DB for less then a 3rd

are we in full rebuild mode? why weren't we in that mode already last offseason?
    Because they weren't going to pay him 9M next year, and he isn't getting younger. This year is toast and something is better than nothing.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

I believe they would have gotten rid of Aaron Jones and Preston Smith with the right offers.
    It’s likely Jones, Dillon, and Smith are gone next year anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    He is the 10th best CB in the NFL according to PFF. $11.6 for his last year is a nonstarter?? Man, who should we pay then?

Yes, I know no one would give a first which is why I knew I hated this deal. Duh...exactly what I was saying.

With an added year together and a new LT in the draft this team could make noise in next year. This isn't 1989 where rebuilds take years. It can be fast. See Lions, Detroit.

And he isn't slightly above average, he is top 10 based on metrics. He is not 29, he is 28. He is also a relentless studier who taught Jaire how to film study. I can see where thats not the guy you want around younger players. Maybe sign Antonio Brown to build the locker room.

Thats a lot of mistakes in one post. I'll cut you some slack and assume post #8 will be more accurate. At least get the age right. Thats easy to google.
    One mistake on the age. The rest is pure conjecture on your part. So you think this team is only one LT, and a rookie LT at that, away from “making noise”? How about our center, RG, Dline, cornerback, safeties, LB, defensive coordinator and qb who really hasn’t shown much? And you think a rookie LT is going to come in and fix that all?? There’s a reason that this team is one of the worst in the league right now, and it isn’t because of just the LT.
    Also, Detroit has finally become good after years of inept management and coaching and high draft picks. They did not just turn their franchise around in a year.
    But hey, at least you can hang your hat on me being off 1 year on Rasul’s age. Even at 28, unless his name is sauce or prime time, a gm isn’t planning the future around him.
    Last edited by Travisb72; 10-31-2023 at 06:54 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SudsMcBucky View Post
    How do you know if you hate it until we know what we got back?

HATE IT MORE

We got a F'CKIN 3rd round draft pick back
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkey View Post
    I just updated my post after reading another site. Considering Douglas is 29 and was a FA pickup, I think it is a good trade.
    Do we need to outline Gutebag's 3rd round picks again ?
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Given Packers recent draft history, should have given Bills their 3rd and taken a 5th.

“I’m both. I’m both,” Douglas said when asked if he was frustrated or angry. “We’re saying sh** but until we actually do the sh**, it don’t really matter. I’m thinking about it like, bro, I’ve never been a loser in my life. These last two years have been f***ing loser. That sh** ain’t me. I don’t think that sh**’s us. We’ve got to do something, you know what I mean?”
    Did this get Rasul traded?
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Because they weren't going to pay him 9M next year, and he isn't getting younger. This year is toast and something is better than nothing.
    9 million is nothing for a #1 cb, and yes, ever since alexander started to focus on shit talking and not playing, douglas has been our #1

i wonder if gary demanded a trade to a competent team and thats why he ended up with a new deal on trade deadline day. seems a bit of a coincidence

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    See, Red and Rash agree with me....shit, I better reconsider.

Just kidding guys, we all agree....Gutes fucked this one up.

Just a SHIT SHIT SHIT TRADE but Congrats to the EX PACKER for going to a solid organization

The media will HATE this. THey love Rasul; they consider him one of the top leaders in the locker room that lacks direction.

Now a team devoid of leaders has even less.

GOOD thing we have the Flower

it better not have gotten him traded because thats the type of attitude that should be demanded from players

but i can see him saying that, then turning around and saying "trade me"

Why are they trading away a contributor and leader when they are lacking them? Crazy move for not worth it return. Cooter has gotta go.

Quote Originally Posted by Travisb72 View Post
    One mistake on the age. The rest is pure conjecture on your part. So you think this team is only one LT, and a rookie LT at that, away from “making noise”? How about our center, RG, Dline, cornerback, safeties, LB, defensive coordinator and qb who really hasn’t shown much? And you think a rookie LT is going to come in and fix that all?? There’s a reason that this team is one of the worst in the league right now, and it isn’t because of just the LT.
    Also, Detroit has finally become good after years of inept management and coaching and high draft picks. They did not just turn their franchise around in a year.
    But hey, at least you can hang your hat on me being off 1 year on Rasul’s age. Even at 28, unless his name is sauce or prime time, a gm isn’t planning the future around him.
    You were off by "slightly above average" as well. PFF has him ranked 10th in entire league. No matter how little faith you put in their grades, they grade all players on same scale. Also, note that the vikings picked on Jaire, not douglas. how many games ended with douglas picking a pass off in the last few seasons?

And yes, one bookend LT (rookie top 10 LTs usually have immediate impact) will change the course of this team along with all our offense (who are on rookie contracts) stepping forward some. You think our LBs suck?? I guess, Gary and preston blow. Campbell wasn't all pro recently and Quay isn't an ascending player. Our CBs suck? Well, trading the best one hurts for sure, but thats kind of my point.

You are basically a fan. Either everyone on the roster is all pro (Tex) or they all are trash (you). The truth is that there is plenty of talent, but the team has some serious needs to go along with being extremely young. After 2 games half the forum anointed Love HoF status. 5 weeks later he is garbage and needs to be replaced after playing 7 games (5 with a sieve of an OL).

The glass truly is half full. Its also truly half empty. How they play it from here will matter, and trading your best CB who has 3-4 years left in him to move up 40 spots probably isn't the right way to play it.

Probably should have gotten him a raise.