Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Rasul Douglas Traded To Bills

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Did this get Rasul traded?
    I’m wondering this too. Did Rasul say something that sparked this trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Did this get Rasul traded?
    I doubt it, that's pretty tame all things considered.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    You were off by "slightly above average" as well. PFF has him ranked 10th in entire league. No matter how little faith you put in their grades, they grade all players on same scale. Also, note that the vikings picked on Jaire, not douglas. how many games ended with douglas picking a pass off in the last few seasons?

And yes, one bookend LT (rookie top 10 LTs usually have immediate impact) will change the course of this team along with all our offense (who are on rookie contracts) stepping forward some. You think our LBs suck?? I guess, Gary and preston blow. Campbell wasn't all pro recently and Quay isn't an ascending player. Our CBs suck? Well, trading the best one hurts for sure, but thats kind of my point.

You are basically a fan. Either everyone on the roster is all pro (Tex) or they all are trash (you). The truth is that there is plenty of talent, but the team has some serious needs to go along with being extremely young. After 2 games half the forum anointed Love HoF status. 5 weeks later he is garbage and needs to be replaced after playing 7 games (5 with a sieve of an OL).

The glass truly is half full. Its also truly half empty. How they play it from here will matter, and trading your best CB who has 3-4 years left in him to move up 40 spots probably isn't the right way to play it.
    There’s a reason they are 28th against the run. Gary is a pash rusher, who doesn’t play any outside contain or the run. Preston is just ok. Campbell was all pro 3 years ago and is a shell of that player and can’t stay healthy. Losing their best CB will hurts big time. Their safeties are trash.
    I like quay, big fatty Slaton, wyatt and Iowa boy has potential and jaire when healthy.

Given all the problems on this team, I honestly don't think trading Rasul moves the needle THAT much.

They aren't a playoff contender, they aren't even a good team right now.

Trading him gives them a cheap 4 year deal from that R3 pick, $7M in cap space, and developmental snaps for Valentine.

I like Rasul and am sorry to see him go, but I don't think it's a bad deal. PFF grades or not, he got burned against DET. He's a smart guy and has good size they could have really used against Puca Nakua this week, but he's not a speedster and he gambles. He's not going to get any better than he is.
    Their window is at best in 2025, he will be past his prime or likely gone by then. Gute is looking to the future with this pick. The present is a 6-7 win team at best.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Given all the problems on this team, I honestly don't think trading Rasul moves the needle THAT much.

They aren't a playoff contender, they aren't even a good team right now.

Trading him gives them a cheap 4 year deal from that R3 pick, $7M in cap space, and developmental snaps for Valentine.

I like Rasul and am sorry to see him go, but I don't think it's a bad deal. PFF grades or not, he got burned against DET. He's a smart guy and has good size they could have really used against Puca Nakua this week, but he's not a speedster and he gambles. He's not going to get any better than he is.
    Their window is at best in 2025, he will be past his prime or likely gone by then. Gute is looking to the future with this pick. The present is a 6-7 win team at best.
    the chances of them finding a player the caliber of douglas with that 3rd round picks is about 10%

add in the fact that is now our pick, and gutebag can't find shit in the 3rd and that brings it to about a 2% chance of finding a player of the same quality with that pick

Maybe he packages it with the other R3 pick to move up into R2.
    Eventually they have to break this R3 curse. You'd think.

Maybe Murphy decides to shitcan everyone and a new GM benefits. Doubtful, but you never know.

they got Rasul for nothing off a practice squad, it's not like they are losing out on a big investment with him. He'd help them this year, but I think the returns on his will diminish over time.

I get why people are unhappy he got traded. I guess I'm ok with it.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    the chances of them finding a player the caliber of douglas with that 3rd round picks is about 10%

add in the fact that is now our pick, and gutebag can't find shit in the 3rd and that brings it to about a 2% chance of finding a player of the same quality with that pick
    The chances you give here are reasonable. We do save the money, so that’s one small benefit. But the odds of us getting better are slim to none. Rasul was worth every penny. I doubt Gute can spend that small amount of money any better than it was spent on Sul.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by Travisb72 View Post
    There’s a reason they are 28th against the run. Gary is a pash rusher, who doesn’t play any outside contain or the run. Preston is just ok. Campbell was all pro 3 years ago and is a shell of that player and can’t stay healthy. Losing their best CB will hurts big time. Their safeties are trash.
    I like quay, big fatty Slaton, wyatt and Iowa boy has potential and jaire when healthy.
    Campbell was All Pro at the end of the 2021 season. Last year he was banged up but pretty damn good in 13 games. This season is 4 games old. See, when you exaggerate with "3 years ago" you lose credibility. You try and make it sound like his last good year was 3 seasons removed, when it was 1 full season ago.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Campbell was All Pro at the end of the 2021 season. Last year he was banged up but pretty damn good in 13 games. This season is 4 games old. See, when you exaggerate with "3 years ago" you lose credibility. You try and make it sound like his last good year was 3 seasons removed, when it was 1 full season ago.
    1.5 for the end of the season, 2.5 from the beginning. Average is 2 years IMO. The dude is not gonna be that dude or he wouldn’t have been a street free agent.

Fluke thing like John Salmons on the Bucks or that Asian fella hooping for a minute there a few years back.

Probably the best move for the franchise, but you lose a good player who was a leader and you move up two rounds so you can decide between either your next Sean Ryan or your next Oren Burks.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Douglas is now playing for his 7th team. Great players don't move that often. It was a good trade as it adds their day 2 pick allotment.

Probably a bigger part of the move is the $$ saved on next years cap. The Packers will be eating Bahk's contract ( 19 Mil dead money cap hit ) next year. They could also end up with another 12.3 mil in dead money if they move Aaron Jones.

All that dead cap space hurts in building experienced depth on the roster. How much better would the oline be if they had the 48 million Rodgers and Amos are using on this years cap ?

So that 7 mil they save on Douglas cap hit next year will help soften the hit from Bahks eventual dead cap hit.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkey View Post
    Douglas is now playing for his 7th team. Great players don't move that often. It was a good trade as it adds their day 2 pick allotment.

Probably a bigger part of the move is the $$ saved on next years cap. The Packers will be eating Bahk's contract ( 19 Mil dead money cap hit ) next year. They could also end up with another 12.3 mil in dead money if they move Aaron Jones.

All that dead cap space hurts in building experienced depth on the roster. How much better would the oline be if they had the 48 million Rodgers and Amos are using on this years cap ?

So that 7 mil they save on Douglas cap hit next year will help soften the hit from Bahks eventual dead cap hit.
    Packerrats is full of know-it-all capologists.

In 2024, Iranian Stallion’s cap hit is a bit under 40.6M. His infamous “dead cap” number, pre-June, is a bit under 19.1M.

The Packers will, in fact, gain a bit over 20M, cap-wise, simply by terminating the Iranian Stallion pre-June 1. Yeah, since the Packers are in a dreaded cap hell, gotta get rid of arguably their best corner to save 7M, you know, to soften the hit from an inevitable 20M cap saving.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    And, despite the 12.3M “dead cap,” the Packers will actually gain a tad over 4.8M in cap space by terminating the beloved Jones.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

He played like shit in the Lions game. Sucks to be in rebuild mode - my only wish was we could’ve dumped Jaire and Preston as well.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    1.5 for the end of the season, 2.5 from the beginning. Average is 2 years IMO. The dude is not gonna be that dude or he wouldn’t have been a street free agent.

Fluke thing like John Salmons on the Bucks or that Asian fella hooping for a minute there a few years back.
    Except he is that dude. He plays at a very high level when he is on the field. Probably about the 15th best ILB in the NFL overall. Maybe better than that. And no, not 2.5. 1.5, He was all pro in 2021. That was the season. In 2022 he had some injury issues, but wasn't BAD when he played. That would be one season, not 2. This is 2023. He has been solid when on the field. And again, if the fatties in front of them did their job he would be even better.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Probably the best move for the franchise, but you lose a good player who was a leader and you move up two rounds so you can decide between either your next Sean Ryan or your next Oren Burks.
    Except we didn't even move up 2 rounds. We moved up about 40 picks. Or 1.25 rounds.

7th? I guess that may be true including practice squads. So what. James Harrison was a practice squad guy who became DPoY. Rasul currently is the 10th best CB in the NFL according to PFF. He has been nothing short of stud since he has been here. By trading him you create another hole on next years roster. I understood we would suck this year and a reset was in order, but you are almost making it impossible to be competitive NEXT year.

Rasul has a contract that is actually CHEAP based on the product he brings to the team. And again, not like we straight up got a 3rd for the 10th rated CB in the NFL, we moved up about 40 spots. So we effectively probably really got a middle to late 4th for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Fosco33 View Post
    He played like shit in the Lions game. Sucks to be in rebuild mode - my only wish was we could’ve dumped Jaire and Preston as well.
    Did you see that turd Maholmes laid sunday? Thats it, one bad game, trade him for nothing.

Blog Entries
    Did anybody see who was waling off the field and consoling Jordan Love at the end of last weeks game ? Yes, it was Douglas...aka....one of our team leaders.

He was a very good CB for us this year and we have little behind him. If we dump Preston, we have a DE who can get a lot more time. If we dump Campbell, they have a young guy they really like in McDuffie they really like. But what is behind Douglas ?

Truth be told, what Gutebag must have found out is nobody wanted either of those guys. Regardless, we moved up in the draft about 35 slots. I'd have rather just taken a extra 4th. What Gutebag 3rd round pick would you take over Douglas ?

If you throw enough crap against the wall something is bound to stick. And Gutebag has drafted a lot of crap over the years.

And when interviewed, Gutebag gave the standard shit answer for the deal.

Gutebag can go bye bye yesterday
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries

Team Leader

Best CB on our roster so far this year

Shit Deal
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?