Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Rasul Douglas Traded To Bills

I think Rasul's had a better year than Jaire, injury aside.
    Trading Rasul opened a path for Valentine and/or Stokes (who is in trouble IMO) to get snaps as well.

I absolutely think they will draft a CB...preferably one who can play both outside and in the slot.
    I think Jaire will be focused after the suspension and next year, I think Valentine will improve. Stokes injuries are concerning, especially for a player who relies so much on his athleticism and speed to cover. He might never be the same.

I love Rasul but he wasn't a fit in their long term plans.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    If we get a 22 year old borderline probowler with that 3rd round pick, it’ll feel alright.
    If you stand on 11 against a ten and win was it the right move??
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I thought it was the Packers 5th, not 4th? Right now it looks like a move of about 70 spots if it is the Packers 5th. That's very significant, in my opinion.
    I just looked it up. You are half correct, it was a 5th. According to the article they should move up roughly 47 spots. You also once pointed out the comp picks so maybe more like 55. Its not nothing, but its no where near Douglas' value.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    For whatever reason, Rasul wasn't having a good year. Opposing QB's had a passer rating of 109 when targeting him. Valentine and Ballentine have both played considerably better. Rasul's base salary for 2024 was over 6 million. When contacted by Buffalo, I think Gute saw a chance to get something for a guy he was probably going to let go anyway.
    According to PFF Rasul was the 10th ranked CB at the time of the trade.

Bobble, as I understand it you're not against the trading of Rasul, just what he was traded for? I think that's fair.

If it makes you feel better,

the Rams traded Jalen Ramsey for a R3 and TE Hunter Long.
    Stephon Gilmore was tradeed to DAL for a R5 pick.

Outside the CB position, Chase Young went for a R3, Montez for a R2. Picture trading Rasul and a R5 for Chase Young, or Rasul and Ben Sims for Jalen Ramsey.

I'm not saying these are all good trades or obviously fair value, but it's what they went for. Fans tend to overvalue players on the team they follow, and I'm certain fans value players differently than the FO.

It's all kinds of goofy, I can't figure it out either. I thought they didn't get a lot for Rasul either, but it's not bad if you compare around the league.

And yes, Rasul has been good this year. He's helped out BUF and was good for GB before that.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I just looked it up. You are half correct, it was a 5th. According to the article they should move up roughly 47 spots. You also once pointed out the comp picks so maybe more like 55. Its not nothing, but its no where near Douglas' value.
    I wish you had been the Buffalo GM.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I think I'm fully correct!
    How old is the article you read? Were they assuming GB would be in the top of the rounds?

If the draft were held on the current records, they would move from 19th in the 5th to 24th in the 3rd. Thats nearly 60 more players available to them just there. Then add in the comp picks at the ends of the 3rd and 4th rounds they will also leap frog (10 or so, give or take) and you get close to 70.
    Last edited by Patler; 01-06-2024 at 12:10 AM.

All I know is GB has 5 picks in the top 100, which is not nothing for a team that has needs.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    For whatever reason, Rasul wasn't having a good year. Opposing QB's had a passer rating of 109 when targeting him. Valentine and Ballentine have both played considerably better. Rasul's base salary for 2024 was over 6 million. When contacted by Buffalo, I think Gute saw a chance to get something for a guy he was probably going to let go anyway.

6MIL for Rasul seems like a good value in 2024
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Bobble, as I understand it you're not against the trading of Rasul, just what he was traded for? I think that's fair.

If it makes you feel better,

the Rams traded Jalen Ramsey for a R3 and TE Hunter Long.
    Stephon Gilmore was tradeed to DAL for a R5 pick.

Outside the CB position, Chase Young went for a R3, Montez for a R2. Picture trading Rasul and a R5 for Chase Young, or Rasul and Ben Sims for Jalen Ramsey.

I'm not saying these are all good trades or obviously fair value, but it's what they went for. Fans tend to overvalue players on the team they follow, and I'm certain fans value players differently than the FO.

It's all kinds of goofy, I can't figure it out either. I thought they didn't get a lot for Rasul either, but it's not bad if you compare around the league.

And yes, Rasul has been good this year. He's helped out BUF and was good for GB before that.
    I'm not against trading anyone if the price is right. Ramsey is a cancer, that is why he was traded for a song. Chase Young should never have gone for a 3rd. Montez was about to get paid so it made a little more sense, but again, would you take a 2nd for Gary right before we signed him? Comparing things that the GM of the Commanders did to "good moves" should get you a one week suspension

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Rasul out…

Was Douglas just a "hired gun"? Or is he under contract into next season or more? If he's a free agent, is it likely the Packers sign him again?
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Was Douglas just a "hired gun"? Or is he under contract into next season or more? If he's a free agent, is it likely the Packers sign him again?
    He is under contract for next year as well
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

If you stand on 11 against a ten and win was it the right move??
    Haha, yeah, this is a good point. He’s not fast enough in his prime and is aging. He kind of has a limited time left in the league. Assuming Rasul for several years vs a draft pick that is most likely a bust, the odds are in the favor of Sul. But if you have a 25% chance to land a 10 year player vs 100% chance of having a 2 year player. Plus the rookie contact weighted in. I’m not so sure the odds are as fully in your favor as you think here.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

What did we give up really? Has there been a dropoff in the Packers' defense because of this trade? If no, then it was just depth.

According to OTC, there are six total 3rd/4th round comp picks projected. We'll know the real delta between the picks after the playoffs, regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    What did we give up really? Has there been a dropoff in the Packers' defense because of this trade? If no, then it was just depth.
    It’s a short term loss for a 30% chance at a better younger player. Rasul isn’t Charles Woodson. He’s a 28 year old aging CB who didn’t have enough speed in his prime to be able to hang on much longer.

We lost a decent secondary player this year and MAYBE next year.

Gute is on fire right now in the draft. He’s coming up with clutch hit after clutch hit. I’m ok letting that guy come to the plate and take a swing at a fastball on the corner (3rd round pick) instead of trying to hit a perfectly place curve ball that barely touches the top of the strike zone (5th round pick)
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

It's a loss, but we didn't give up that much if the level of play was about the same before and after the trade.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    It's a loss, but we didn't give up that much if the level of play was about the same before and after the trade.
    Since we suck ass on D, by that logic, we could trade anyone for a 7th

Since we suck ass on D, by that logic, we could trade anyone for a 7th
    No, trading other players would have made a bigger difference. We could be much worse. For example, if Gary was out all year.

If the results of the game don't change after the trade, how's it a loss to the team?