Thread: Packers 2024 Salary Cap/Offseason Thread

Packers 2024 Salary Cap/Offseason Thread

Packers, as things now stand will head into 2024 with 39 million in cap space and 42 players under contract. If they release Bakhtiari, it will be 60 million and 41 players. Cutting Aaron Jones would net about 5 million in cap space.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Packers, as things now stand will head into 2024 with 39 million in cap space and 42 players under contract. If they release Bakhtiari, it will be 60 million and 41 players. Cutting Aaron Jones would net about 5 million in cap space.

Aaron Jones is a Packer Loyalist. I'm guessing he takes a severe paycut and stays with GB
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Aaron Jones is a Packer Loyalist. I'm guessing he takes a severe paycut and stays with GB
    If he wants to take a straight pay cut, that's fine. But he's getting to that age for a RB where you probably don't want to backload too much of his contract.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

I think Jones only has next year left. I want him to take a haircut, but he is such a good team mate and person that I don't want it to be too severe. What I really want is a smallish pay cut and 20 touches a game....is that too much to ask?
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

I actually think Rasheed Walker is doing alright. He may be a little less than 100% effective, but it’s not the kind of lapses we see from the usual suspects who bust out of the league. Walker always gets in the way and makes an effort.

He has the athletic ability and frame to have some upside.

It depends on how hard he works at his craft, but like Marshmallow Newhouse, Walker has the tools to be a 12 year player in the league and starter for many of them.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Walker has some tools. But he isn't even in the same league as Yosh at this point. Watch that game again. MiLF even knows it. He gave TE help to Walker over and over but when Yosh entered the game the TE help disappeared. Thats either a HC who WANTS Yosh to fail, or one who knows he is the better T.

I have no idea what is going on behind the scenes or in the coaches minds, but they aren't fielding the best team they can.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    I actually think Rasheed Walker is doing alright. He may be a little less than 100% effective, but it’s not the kind of lapses we see from the usual suspects who bust out of the league. Walker always gets in the way and makes an effort.

He has the athletic ability and frame to have some upside.

It depends on how hard he works at his craft, but like Marshmallow Newhouse, Walker has the tools to be a 12 year player in the league and starter for many of them.
    https://twitter.com/JuMosq/status/1719870633713299942?

He has had too many lapses lately and isn't getting it done with run blocking either.