Thread: J-Mac Canned

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar

J-Mac Canned

Let me get this straight: the Packers lost to a team that just canned its coach (and GM); lost to a team that just benched its QB for Taylor “Swift” Heinicke; lost to a team that gave up 70 points to my current 2nd favorite NFL team, the Miami Mermen; lost to a team with a crybaby redneck head coach; and lost to a team that started the season 0-3.

Man, the Packers truly do suck.

Remember when uncool Pack fans made fun of ole Tex for saying that the Packers would suck without Butte? Who’s laughing now?

In other NFL news, Bretsky’s biggest hard on not named Jim Leonhard has been terminated by the Black Hole Punks. Will the prodigal son crawl back to New England once again and at long last, succeed the old king?
    Last edited by Anti-Polar Bear; 11-01-2023 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Watching YouTube clips of M-Mac, the genius Merman coach the Packers shoulda hired instead of The Frog.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    If I remember correctly, you have been all over J-Mac's crotch and telling us what a mistake it was not to hire him as coach.

If anyone had a hardon for J-Mac it was you.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

I'll own up. I thought JMac was going to be much better in a second chance at the top spot. I figured he learned a few lessons, but alas, he learned nothing.

Yes, the packers are pretty bad, but there is a reason I bumped that thread from last season when we dropped to 3-6. Football is a funny game. Teams get hot and cold. I would have sworn SF was going 20-0 a few weeks ago, but then Jim Schwartz punched them in the nose. Now the LV locals who grew up cheering for SF are telling me they are worse than the Packers. What a difference losing a LT like Trent Williams can make......
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

I guess Davis had him in for a meal and had McDaniels open his fortune cookie and it said “You’re fired, hotshot.”

That is rich!!!!
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    I guess Davis had him in for a meal and had McDaniels open his fortune cookie and it said “You’re fired, hotshot.”

That is rich!!!!
    True?? If so it sums up Davis. He isn't a smart man. That would be a guy trying to be "legend" in his own mind. Davis inherited a team and his fortune. He isn't successful by any metric.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    True?? If so it sums up Davis. He isn't a smart man. That would be a guy trying to be "legend" in his own mind. Davis inherited a team and his fortune. He isn't successful by any metric.
    Highly doubtful.

I'll own up. I thought JMac was going to be much better in a second chance at the top spot. I figured he learned a few lessons, but alas, he learned nothing.

Yes, the packers are pretty bad, but there is a reason I bumped that thread from last season when we dropped to 3-6. Football is a funny game. Teams get hot and cold. I would have sworn SF was going 20-0 a few weeks ago, but then Jim Schwartz punched them in the nose. Now the LV locals who grew up cheering for SF are telling me they are worse than the Packers. What a difference losing a LT like Trent Williams can make......
    If you’re trying to make a case for the importance of Yokozunas, here’s a counterpoint: the Mermen have both of their starting LT and starting LG on IR. I think the LT is a Pro Bowler. Yet, they haven’t missed a beat.

Speed and the genius of “Black” coach Mike McDaniel have turned their offense into the greatest show on earth not seen since the Wu-Tang Clan was in its prime. Despite a noodle arm, the Great Yellow Hope (Tua) has been a phenomenon under McDaniel - thanks to phenomenal accuracy and football IQ…not to mention, McDaniel’s genius.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    If I remember correctly, you have been all over J-Mac's crotch and telling us what a mistake it was not to hire him as coach.

I mean, Brady said that Butte would be even better with J-Mac.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post

That is rich!!!!
    Davis gave Gruden a 10 year deal and McDaniels a 6 year deal. Now paying the two of them a tons of frogskins for both not to coach the team. Must be rich enough.

This was my recollection as well. I'm too lazy/bored with this to look it up but I know APB has stumped for McDaniels as GB HC before.
    Dude may be a good OC but he's a trash fire as a HC. He's like the Joe Barry of head coaches. Failed everywhere he's been.

The Davises don't have much business outside of owning the Raiders. In terms of football owners, they aren't rich. Tom Brady is a minority owner of the Raiders, for heaven's sake. Mark Davis and Co. have mismanaged the franchise for a while, but they will do well in LV because other fanbases will happily travel there and spend money. Still owing Gruden and now McDaniels is the lastest in that mismanagement. They also fired the GM and OC. It's a skeleton crew there.

Davante Adams was clearly not impressed with how things have run there, he's not dumb.

Blog Entries
    Can we send lafleur and gutebag Joe Barry and add our 3rd round pick just to take them all )
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Josh McD is at a total of three seasons across two stints now. This guy must really suck.

I am guessing you didn’t attend the Aces championship parade. 2nd straight WNBA champs!

McDaniels had a pretty sizeable contract, as did Gruden, Gruden's was a market setting 10 year deal if I recall!

Coach's contracts are usually fully guaranteed, and for two high profile guys like these I'd be shocked if they weren't. Is Davis going to be shelling out in the order of $20M/year for the next 5 or so years to these two guys?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    McDaniels had a pretty sizeable contract, as did Gruden, Gruden's was a market setting 10 year deal if I recall!

Coach's contracts are usually fully guaranteed, and for two high profile guys like these I'd be shocked if they weren't. Is Davis going to be shelling out in the order of $20M/year for the next 5 or so years to these two guys?
    Yes.

I believe the only way out of them is if they get another job elsewhere. Not positive on that though.
    Either way, Davis is on the hook for pay TWO coaches a lot of money to not coach for his team.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Josh McD is at a total of three seasons across two stints now. This guy must really suck.
    Can't swear it, but I think Pete Carroll had a total of 3 seasons in 2 failed stints before USC and then the SeaChickens.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    I am guessing you didn’t attend the Aces championship parade. 2nd straight WNBA champs!
    I have been to 2 games. I openly begged for the Bucks to hire Becky Hammon as head coach after dumping Bud (and before hiring bud). I probably will catch another game next year and beg to hire Becky in 2 years after Griffin falls flat on his face.

Blog Entries
    PERFECT HIRE...............NEON Sanders.....well not really serious but he's a raiders hire......

you know he's coming to the NFL soon, right ?
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Can't swear it, but I think Pete Carroll had a total of 3 seasons in 2 failed stints before USC and then the SeaChickens.
    He made the playoffs twice with the Pats and had a 33-31 record as head coach in 4 seasons before heading to USC.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

He made the playoffs twice with the Pats and had a 33-31 record as head coach in 4 seasons before heading to USC.
    Ok, 4 seasons. Actually surprised he made the playoffs twice. Did the Pats fire him or did he quit...checking google. Ok, they regressed each year. Won the east, got a wildcard, then missed playoffs and fired. Still better than J Mac (although he made the playoffs with Denver as well....beat the defending Owl winners even.)