Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Packers vs Vikings Discussion Thread

Packers vs Vikings Discussion Thread

Packers lead all-time series 65-57-3. 64-56-3 in regular season, 1-1 in playoffs.

Last meeting: January 1, 2023. Packers defeated the Vikings 4-17 at Lambeau. Aaron Jones rushed for 111 yards. Keisean Nixon had a 105 yard kickoff return for a TD. Darnell Savage had a 75 yards INT return for a TD. Justin Jefferson was held to 1 catch for 15 yards. Kirk Cousins was intercepted 3 times.

This year Kirk Cousins has thrown for 2057 yards with 16 TD's and 5 INT's. Justin Jefferson, who is out with an injury, leads the Vikings with 571 receiving yards. Jordan Addison has 400 receiving yards and 6 TD's. Alexander Mattison leads the Vikings with 359 rushing yards. The Vikings have 0 rushing touchdowns.

Defensively, the Vikings rank #15 overall. Opposing QB's have thrown for 1573 yards, with 10 TD's and 5 INT's. Opponents have rushed for 739 yards for just a 3.6 YPC and 6 TD's. Vikings defense has 19 sacks.

Vikings are favored by 1.5.

Over/under 42.5.

Moneyline: Vikings -110, Packers +100
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Fox Single - Upper midwest and plains states will get Vikings at Packers. Kenny Albert and Jonathan Vilma with the call. Much of south and west will get Rams at Dallas. Kevin Burkhardt and Greg Olsen with the call. Northwest, including Alaska, will get Cleveland at Seattle (Late). Adam Amin and Daryl Johnston with the call.

How about the 2 win vikings punking the class of the NFC. Its almost as if you can't completely make 100% conclusive opinions based on 5 games huh? Who wudda guessed.

My prediction for the game. We are frustrated as hell. We bemoan the fact that we can't stop the run. We wonder just how bad it might have been if JJ had played. I bitch that Yosh is riding the pine while Love is being flushed. Skin gets drunk and makes an ass of himself while filling out an app to McDonalds so he can further the transformation to APB. Tex sees the positives in everything. Red calls for everyone to be fired including the water boy. Fritz is happy its not Detroit eating our lunch this time. Rastak stops by and offers something classy and several of us tell him to fuck off.

That about sums it up.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Matt Schneidman
    @mattschneidman

Jordan Love on facing a Vikings defense that has blitzed 50 more times than any other team in the NFL:

“I haven’t really faced a defense like Minnesota, the way they run it … it’s about getting the ball to our playmakers and letting them make plays, make people miss.”
    This could be fun...or really ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    This could be fun...or really ugly.

“I haven’t really faced a defense like Minnesota, the way they run it … it’s about getting the ball to our playmakers and letting them make plays, make people miss.”

Let me translate that Jordan Love quote: "I sure hope my boys can do something with the ball after my five-yard completions cuz I know I sure as shit can't get anything done."

I don't see how Green Bay can win this, based just on them having Kirk Cousins, who is way, way better than Jordan Love is at this stage of his career.

You never know. That's why they play. It could be a surprise for all of us, the Packers finally winning one in some ugly fashion, showing us spurts of promise (that should be a euphemism for jizz; I just thought of that).

But more likely the Vikings are going to trudge through another ugly Packer game and come out on top. Probably by more than 1.5 points. Probably more than three points. Probably more than seven points. Probably more than ten points.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Oh look. Packers injury report more than twice as long as their opponent's.

At least Watson and Anderson (who?) are listed as full participants.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Blog Entries
    I predict a GB Packer win; I'm standing by my 7-10 prediction though
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Nothing tells me the team can win this game.
    Kirk Cousins will light up our secondary.
    Our rudderless offense will struggle all game.
    A good afternoon to get some yard work done.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    Nothing tells me the team can win this game.
    Kirk Cousins will light up our secondary.
    Our rudderless offense will struggle all game.
    A good afternoon to get some yard work done.
    Ya never know. Last year Packers were 3-6 coming off 4 straight losses when they beat the 6-2 Cowboys.

We’ve been in many games in the 4th q and while frustrating to watch - it’s somewhat better that raking leaves or cleaning gutters.

If the Packers can somehow not start slower than my current 40 time and keep players on the field - we can certainly beat this team.

I’d take the over and coin flip on the victor.

A week ago I would have thought GB had a good shot in this game. After the MIN win vs. the 49ers and GB's loss to DEN, I have serious doubts.
    Flores likes to blitz like crazy and play Cover-0, so if ever there was a game to get Christian Watson, Reed, Wicks, and maybe even Luke Musgrave going this is it.

Even without Justin Jefferson, I don't think GB's O can keep pace with them, and I don't think the D can stop MIN's O enough.

I think this is the time of year when teams are either fading or figuring it out. Seems like the Vikes might have started to figure some things out, but I doubt they are a playoff-worthy team.

You never know, maybe GB pulls off an upset.

There is one thing that gives me hope, more plays for Jones.

Rob Demovsky
    @RobDemovsky

Aaron Jones (hamstring) returned to practice after missing yesterday. Same for Josh Myers (ankle).

One new DNP: Preston Smith (illness) to go along with Jaire Alexander (back) and Luke Musgrave (ankle).

Knowing the Packers luck, whatever P has will spread and half of the team will be sick come Sunday.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

So is Stokes actually going to play this week?
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    So is Stokes actually going to play this week?
    Stokes in on IR.

It looks like the secondary will be down Stokes, Savage, and now Alexander.

I don’t see us slowing down Cousins even with Jefferson out.

I HATE the Vikings more than any other team, even the Bears. I also have a low opinion of Cousins. Just the same, this Packer team has been underperforming badly and with Barry still around, they probably will again. The Vikings rose up and played good last week. I doubt they do it again. I’ll give a shaky prediction of a Packer win- Love having a good game.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?