Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Embrace the Tank

Embrace the Tank

Hang on here a Cotton Pickin’ minute lads, you fellow Rats here must admit that it’s only Bretsky who could come up with “Embrace the Tank,” at this point during the season?
    Even our Burger Flipper couldn’t come up with that.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Management might be embracing the tank but the players aren’t.

Trust me, in the NFL if you have a bad attitude or give bad effort or you don’t spend enough time studying film or working out, you aren’t on the team next year. The players who embrace the tank and don’t give their best effort will be gone.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post

Trust me, in the NFL if you have a bad attitude or give bad effort or you don’t spend enough time studying film or working out, you aren’t on the team next year. The players who embrace the tank and don’t give their best effort will be gone.
    Fair enough buddy, but as a Packer fan that still doesn’t take away from the fact that this morning the phrase, “embrace the tank” is imprinted in my mind. It’s a great therapeutic phrase!

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post
    Fair enough buddy, but as a Packer fan that still doesn’t take away from the fact that this morning the phrase, “embrace the tank” is imprinted in my mind. It’s a great therapeutic phrase!
    Maybe reduces the angst of loss after loss.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

I say again, tanking is idiotic and embracing the tank is downright stupid and pathetic. There is a pervasive tendency by many dumbasses in here to panic. Go root for the God damned Bears if you have an attitude like that.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

I think Guter is the only one who could tank the season - trading productive vets, pushing to have guys put on IR - but he’d have to be confident in his job security. Or he could try to throw The Flower under the bus, if he feels heat. But coaches are usually coaching for their lives.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Losing is a culture. I can embrace the one year reset tank, but you can't allow the players to embrace it. MiLF has to stay on them to WIN. Just like I bitched that fat mike would get a lead and make the D play on its heels and then ask them to ratch the intensity back up when it was a one score game with 2 minutes left, I'll bitch that Gutes is losing guys who know how to win. Culture matters (no, thats not an FYI statement). If you allow the players to accept that losing is OK you will have a problem.

We can embrace it. Gutes can embrace a bad season. The coaches and players can not, and Gutes should have understood that before trading Douglas.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I say again, tanking is idiotic and embracing the tank is downright stupid and pathetic. There is a pervasive tendency by many dumbasses in here to panic. Go root for the God damned Bears if you have an attitude like that.
    Haha, good one.
    Have you been watching the games this season? The way we’ve been looking we’ll be lucky to win another game.
    If you don’t want to embrace the tank then don’t embrace the tank. However for the sake of my eye twitching this weekend this Packer fan is embracing the tank, regardless of what you say.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Losing is a culture. I can embrace the one year reset tank, but you can't allow the players to embrace it. MiLF has to stay on them to WIN. Just like I bitched that fat mike would get a lead and make the D play on its heels and then ask them to ratch the intensity back up when it was a one score game with 2 minutes left, I'll bitch that Gutes is losing guys who know how to win. Culture matters (no, thats not an FYI statement). If you allow the players to accept that losing is OK you will have a problem.

We can embrace it. Gutes can embrace a bad season. The coaches and players can not, and Gutes should have understood that before trading Douglas.
    Good to see you’re kinda embracing it. Can’t argue with a single point you’ve made..

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I think Guter is the only one who could tank the season - trading productive vets, pushing to have guys put on IR - but he’d have to be confident in his job security. Or he could try to throw The Flower under the bus, if he feels heat. But coaches are usually coaching for their lives.
    GM’s embrace the tank, Fritz. Coaches can’t but GM’s often have the bigger picture in mind…they commit to giving rookies reps on the field for experience and they drool for a top 5 draft pick. Gute’s gotta top 5 pick locked up this season.

Blog Entries

Trust me, in the NFL if you have a bad attitude or give bad effort or you don’t spend enough time studying film or working out, you aren’t on the team next year. .

I would agree with all of this.

I think Gutebag expected GB to be bad this year; maybe not as bad as they are but there were reason't he didn't sign a reliable vet WR, or bring in a TE who could actually block.

I also think some vets would have more inssues with the performance than the 1st/2nd year guys. Part of that is even more troubling that we just dumped one of them for not enough when we really didn't have any step in younger backups ready

And Gutebag's presser was complete Shit.

If you listen to Flower, and Barry, those two are coaching their asses off and were not happy with the Rasul Sale
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post
    I actually first started it a few weeks ago because of my Manlove for Marvelous Marvin Harrison JR, the best player in college football.

I want him in Green Bay; then again if we don't have an accurate QB the WR talent isn't as important
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Maybe reduces the angst of loss after loss.

My expectations are so low at this point I feel no pain

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post

IT's very prevalent in Basketball Tex; how many teams do you think wish they might have tanked right now to better their chances of getting Lebron James "

Our roster has holes EVERYWHERE; we need some stud's

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post

My coin phrase was ther for the purpose of geting a top QB or Marvin Marvelous Harrison JR. Perhaps, I should rename it. Embrace the Tank 2024

Kickass Rat All-Pro CaptainKickass's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    My expectations are so low at this point I feel no pain

This is absolutely THE key to enjoying the season.

"Everyone's born anarchist and atheist until people start lying to them" ~ wise philosopher

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    I would agree with all of this.

I think Gutebag expected GB to be bad this year; maybe not as bad as they are but there were reason't he didn't sign a reliable vet WR, or bring in a TE who could actually block.

I also think some vets would have more inssues with the performance than the 1st/2nd year guys. Part of that is even more troubling that we just dumped one of them for not enough when we really didn't have any step in younger backups ready

And Gutebag's presser was complete Shit.

If you listen to Flower, and Barry, those two are coaching their asses off and were not happy with the Rasul Sale
    Maybe it does all make sense.

Packers are in cap hell this year and cap not great next year. But they can back in good position in 2025.

You take 2023 to see if Love is the next QB, if he isn’t you had a bad year and should be drafting high.

I, as a fan, want us to win every game.

-Tim Harmston

Blog Entries
    Maybe it does all make sense.

Packers are in cap hell this year and cap not great next year. But they can back in good position in 2025.

You take 2023 to see if Love is the next QB, if he isn’t you had a bad year and should be drafting high.

I, as a fan, want us to win every game.

Just board the Tank Bus with me TD

I am not at all convinced Jordan Love is the guy. If he's not there are QB coming out next year.

And I'm happy to be wrong. If he is the guy, maybe we get the top OT in the draft, or my wishes, the best WR and top player in the draft.

We're accumulating draft picks; when we decide to win down the road we absolutely need a few Vet Leaders though.

Going to be an interesting ride.

WHAT BITES....my 2nd favorite team is the dam RAMS, and they suck too.f

It sux to have no quality team to cheer for...lol

IT's very prevalent in Basketball Tex; how many teams do you think wish they might have tanked right now to better their chances of getting Lebron James "

Our roster has holes EVERYWHERE; we need some stud's
    It's the kind of stupid thing that the perpetual losers do - in any sport.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Tanking has less chance of working in the football though because of the number of players involved. Basketball obviously has the highest chance.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen