Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
OK, so a guy who we traded our 4th and 1st for will be top 16. Let me take this a step further then

Are you happy to pay him 40 Million or more a year ? He looked very good today. But there is a lot of games I wanna see before I ordain the guy you cursed less then a year ago when we had Erin.
It's hilariously STUPID to think/say he's not in the upper half/top 16 or so. I'd say the guy we traded our 4th and 1st for is at least top 10. I won't say top 5 - yet.

As for that $40 million a year, when does the extension need to be made? If it's a year or more from now, either he will be worth it or it will be clear he is not. I lean toward the worth it side. It might be a good idea to extend him BEFORE it becomes obvious and maybe get him for a few million a year less.

When did I ever "curse" Love? I did say, of course that I wanted to keep Rodgers and that I thought he had 3-5 or more good years left. I also recall saying it would be a shame to lose Love, and I wish we could keep him as a backup for a reasonable amount - to wait that 3-5 years, but obviously that was very unlikely.