Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Embrace the Tank

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Seriously? This post was AFTER the game? How in the hell can people still rag on Jordan Love? Sheeeesh.

Says the one that says the Packers would be complete shit if Rodgers left and JL too over

Love was good last game. But the Rams......horrible team with one of the worst QB's playing made us look way better
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I think there's a chance the tank is buried next week. Steelers are 5-3, but their offense is woeful, #30 overall. In 8 games they have 7 TD passes and 6 INT's. Their ground game is averaging 3.7 YPC. Should be a low scoring game the Packers have a good chance of winning if they protect the football.

SIDENOTE

Playing these HORRIBLE offenses with crap QB's will end us saving JoeB's job again
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Nothing excites me about Drake. Why would I want a small school homeboy? When has there been a good QB in the past from NC? It just seems sus to me.

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    Who in their right mind doesn’t know your testicles don’t explode if you don’t jerk off? Some things never change.
    I wouldn't know that because I never tested the theory.....
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    SIDENOTE

Playing these HORRIBLE offenses with crap QB's will end us saving JoeB's job again
    It better not. If it does it might cost MiLF his.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Nothing excites me about Drake. Why would I want a small school homeboy? When has there been a good QB in the past from NC? It just seems sus to me.
    I have a friend who is a bills fan. He said the same thing after they drafted Josh Allen over Josh Rosen.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I have a friend who is a bills fan. He said the same thing after they drafted Josh Allen over Josh Rosen.
    The exception not the rule IMO. I'd personally rather suck for a couple years and see what Arch Manning looks like.

That's just pathetic and idiotic.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Blog Entries
    That's just pathetic and idiotic.
    Come on Tex; ETT. Don't you want an elite QB ? Cause last yr you documented your thoughts and losing AROD and playing the Love Machine pretty well

Come on Tex; ETT. Don't you want an elite QB ? Cause last yr you documented your thoughts and losing AROD and playing the Love Machine pretty well
    That’s called Eggo Waffling it, bretsky.
    Tex has made his embracing the tank views pretty clear (whoooo cares), but give it a few more weeks and he’ll be right on board.

I say again, tanking is what pathetic loser teams do, and it's stupid to even think about embracing that.

Bretsky, regarding that elite QB you crave (and think we don't already have), what do you think the chances are of whoever we might draft after a tank job being that?

I obviously was wrong in my prediction of wins for this season. I still say, though, The Packers will finish the season with a respectable record way better than what many panicky fools in here expect.

I think 6 is the magic number for MLF to keep his job. He may have to sacrifice a coach or two, maybe Barry, Butkus or Vrabel. I do not want Barry back as DC.

NFL teams actively, obviously tanking might get reprimanded from Goodell, plus it would be a coach killer and you'd lose your locker room. There are too many coaches and players with pride and paychecks on the line.
    A G can trade away good players and play young/bad players instead as a form of tanking, but the deadline has passed and this team is in an evaluation year to figure out who is good. Sure, it would be nice to have a high draft pick, but it's more important to draft a great player.

Don't want to tank. They are likely to lose the next 4 against PIT, SD, KC, DET and then they have some winnable ones vs. CAR, MIN and CHI. I think they are unlikely to be drafting inside the top 5. I could see them somewhere around 7-11.

I'm going to keep expectations low this year, but at least hope to see some development from the players. Right now, the OL has disappointed and the receivers are doing atrocious things (drops, wrong routes, etc) that I am starting to think is a serious coaching issue.

It's a major coaching issue when a Barry defense is playing better than the offense.

Blog Entries
    I say again, tanking is what pathetic loser teams do, and it's stupid to even think about embracing that.

Bretsky, regarding that elite QB you crave (and think we don't already have), what do you think the chances are of whoever we might draft after a tank job being that?

I obviously was wrong in my prediction of wins for this season. I still say, though, The Packers will finish the season with a respectable record way better than what many panicky fools in here expect.

Tex, is Jordan Love our next franchise QB ? What does he do great ? I just don't see the upside of him ever becoming elite.

SO while 1st rounders bust, I'll willing to roll the dice.

As as a FYI, I have no issues dumping Gutebag before we try to locate our next QB; I don't have faith in his ability to find a franchise QB.

Tex, is Jordan Love our next franchise QB ? What does he do great ? I just don't see the upside of him ever becoming elite.

SO while 1st rounders bust, I'll willing to roll the dice.

As as a FYI, I have no issues dumping Gutebag before we try to locate our next QB; I don't have faith in his ability to find a franchise QB.
    C’mon bresky, why are you trying to convince Tex? Why bother?
    I just sent this to him:

“Also Tex, have you tried Yoga? What you actually do is spread your legs wide open and try your hardest to chill.
    There are lots of techniques to relax, apparently most community colleges have courses about the subject.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Top 5 picks bust in football every single year.
    Yes and so does any pick every year.

I would guess historically Top 5 picks have a lower bust out rate than any other group of picks.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Some shitheads in here are just too pathetic to call themselves Packer fans. I say again, tanking is what loser teams do, and wanting it says you're lower than snake shit.

Blog Entries
    Some shitheads in here are just too pathetic to call themselves Packer fans. I say again, tanking is what loser teams do, and wanting it says you're lower than snake shit.

Even a stubborn dude like you should be able to be open minded about the greater good Tex

If you think the Lovometer indicated he's our next franchise QB then you would never ever E.T.T.

But if you don't think he's good enough to resign and extend at QB pay, it's worth considering.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    It's a major coaching issue when a Barry defense is playing better than the offense.
    Is it though? I mean all the 1st rounders and most of the payroll is on D right now, so is it a coaching thing?

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Is it though? I mean all the 1st rounders and most of the payroll is on D right now, so is it a coaching thing?
    I mean, he's had that imbalance before without results.