Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Embrace the Tank

It's possible some of those R1's on defense are busts.
    That said, it's been an issue going back to Pettine that the defense as a whole is less than the sum of its parts. As for Barry, I think he's a guy who knows the Fangio defense, but doesn't understand it, if that makes sense. He doesn't adjust enough to situations, sometimes he just runs stuff as if he's blind or going off a script.

"3rd down? Let's go nickel!"
    Nevermind it's 3rd and goal at the one yard line and David Montgomery is going to run through a gaping hole into the end zone.

Tanking is a fun idea if you can get an All Pro franchise player, but if you think they are going to be picking in the Top 3 this year you are either delusional or incredibly down on this team. There are worse teams in the league, and they will finish with worse records than GB. I think GB ends up picking around #7 and that's not getting you one of the top 2 QBs. It probably gets you a top tier LT like Joe Alt, which isn't bad, but they have CHI (via CAR), NYG, ARI, NE, and probably CHI ahead of them for picks at least.

In real life, NFL teams don't tank. The coaches don't survive a tank, the GM might not, and you absolutely lose the locker room. The GM could trade/waive players that would make it harder to win, but that time has passed for GB, and everything says they are playing to win. If you embrace tanking, you send a very bad message to the rookies and young players you're trying to develop as well.

Blog Entries
    It looks like Green Bay plays the 3 worst teams in football still. Giants and Panthers and Bears. And we should beat the Buccaneers at home. We'll get to 7 wins, but honestly beating the Patti Cakes of the NFL to get to 7 wins and ropping your draft spot 6-8 spots by doing that doesn't make me feel much better. I assume 7 wins gets you to around the 12 pick ? That's probably good enough to not get an elite OT...Marvelous Marvin long long gone.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Some shitheads in here are just too pathetic to call themselves Packer fans. I say again, tanking is what loser teams do, and wanting it says you're lower than snake shit.
    Fucking awesome Tex!!! Hahaha! The snake shit part proves you are still at the top of your game.

Fuck the Tank!

And after the latest loss, I'll still double down on what I said.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

It’s good to know your opinion even though I don’t believe I’ve read more than a small handful of sentences of yours after 9 years here.

The vast majority come on Packer boards to either gather information or to get a good dose of humour. One such form of humour is called:
    “Tongue-in-cheek which is an idiom that describes a humorous or sarcastic statement expressed in a serious manner.”
    But I guess some of us missed that.
    So ya, in the end this Packer fan will just F-the Tank too.

I'm not surprised they lost to PIT. Tough place to play, they haven't won there in ages, and their defense and run game looked to be challenging for a young GB team still finding its way.

They aren't tanking.
    I'll also say they aren't getting a Top 5 pick. Too many garbage teams ahead of them in draft order.

We should be thrilled if they end up picking in the #7 - 10 range.

I'm usually not in favor of trading up, but I assume the first two picks will be those two QB's, so what if GB watched those two go, and could trade up to get MHJ? Intriguing. They have lots of needs, yes, but one of them is a legit #1 stud receiver. Christian Watson is NOT that.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

If Joe Burrow is out for the year and they have good pieces around him, I wonder if the Bengals would be willing to trade for Love for the rest of the year and then flip him again if he shows well with their talent. I would take an R1 from them. Feels like win-win. We need to tank properly since I don't personally think Love Shack is the guy, and they need somebody that can spin it better than a crappy backup to fulfill their playoff aspirations. Altohugh maybe they will tank it from here on out too.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    If Joe Burrow is out for the year and they have good pieces around him, I wonder if the Bengals would be willing to trade for Love for the rest of the year and then flip him again if he shows well with their talent. I would take an R1 from them. Feels like win-win. We need to tank properly since I don't personally think Love Shack is the guy, and they need somebody that can spin it better than a crappy backup to fulfill their playoff aspirations. Altohugh maybe they will tank it from here on out too.
    Facts, bro, facts.

1. JoeQB is out for the season. He now has more time to fight poverty, something he promised he would do during his Heisman acceptance speech.

2. Love ain’t worth a 1st rounder. Nobody’s gonna trade a 1 for an inaccurate, inconsistent, Bert-Favor-dumb QB with average athletic kung fu.

3. The trade deadline has passed, like, 4 scores and 7 touchdowns ago. If multiple trade deadlines are what you seek, go root for the NBA.

4. Yes, embrace me, The Tank. Stink for Shedeur, a poor man’s Butte. Wait, Sanders’ a trust fund kid. Make it Black man’s Butte.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    I don't think anybody has to hope for a tank, it will just happen naturally..

Packers now with #9 pick.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Packers now with #9 pick.

We still play the Giants, Bears, and Carolina. Our draft position is at about the 26 second mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSnMjKRaoxM
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Word is Shedeur is staying in school. His dad is the coach and likely has some influence there. Also, word is the 2025 QB draft does not look good, so Shedeur could be QB1 taken then. Big difference in contract money between going top 10 and in the 20's.

Blog Entries
    This year Shedeur is the 3rd QB at "best". Most feel he could go top 10ish. The more QB's that are drafted ahead of us the better I guess.

We don't need no stinking QB. Are any of the whiners and panicky negativists still spewing shit about Love after today?

Blog Entries
    We don't need no stinking QB. Are any of the whiners and panicky negativists still spewing shit about Love after today?

He had a good game today; but nobody (but maybe you) is sold on him as our next Hall of Fame QB yet

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I’m starting to sip some of the Texas koolaid. Our homeboy was slinging with authority today. It’s as if he got sick of reading this forum and was going to serve some fresh shit for us to eat.

H of F no - I wouldn't even give Mahomes that until he does it a few more years. I'll say again, though, Love is well up into the upper half of QBs in the league. He outplayed one of the best today.

Blog Entries
    H of F no - I wouldn't even give Mahomes that until he does it a few more years. I'll say again, though, Love is well up into the upper half of QBs in the league. He outplayed one of the best today.
    OK, so a guy who we traded our 4th and 1st for will be top 16. Let me take this a step further then

Are you happy to pay him 40 Million or more a year ? He looked very good today. But there is a lot of games I wanna see before I ordain the guy you cursed less then a year ago when we had Erin.

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    'Upper half'? That is sorta hilarious after one good game..