Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Embrace the Tank

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    OK, so a guy who we traded our 4th and 1st for will be top 16. Let me take this a step further then

Are you happy to pay him 40 Million or more a year ? He looked very good today. But there is a lot of games I wanna see before I ordain the guy you cursed less then a year ago when we had Erin.
    It's hilariously STUPID to think/say he's not in the upper half/top 16 or so. I'd say the guy we traded our 4th and 1st for is at least top 10. I won't say top 5 - yet.

As for that $40 million a year, when does the extension need to be made? If it's a year or more from now, either he will be worth it or it will be clear he is not. I lean toward the worth it side. It might be a good idea to extend him BEFORE it becomes obvious and maybe get him for a few million a year less.

When did I ever "curse" Love? I did say, of course that I wanted to keep Rodgers and that I thought he had 3-5 or more good years left. I also recall saying it would be a shame to lose Love, and I wish we could keep him as a backup for a reasonable amount - to wait that 3-5 years, but obviously that was very unlikely.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

I think you could argue that Love has played like a top 16 QB over the last 3 games, but across the entire season he's been ranked at about 30. Mostly because of things like Completion %, interceptions, etc. His accuracy issues hurt his productivity and efficiency -- even on passes he completes they are slightly off target and the receiver has to adjust -- if they are more accurate the receiver would catch them in stride and gain YAC.

I don't think he's trash, but he's not top 10 or top 5. He might get top 10 at some point in his career but he has a lot to improve on to get there. I think with a good supporting cast he can win/compete in most games.

Blog Entries
    I'll say he's greatly improved and this was pleasant to see. But logic would say he's not a top 15 QB yet. And you have to take into account that the Chargers have the worst passing defense in the NFL.

But he appears to be improving; the next two games will be interesting. Then I think we play more powderpuffs. Would be great to see him play really well against the good defenses as well.

It's great to see nearly all our WR's making strides as well as Musgrave. We'll go heavy at OL in the draft. Going to be an interesting ride
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Statistically he's been top 10 the last 3 weeks. And he's done it without much help from a running game, and his best receivers are rookies. This season is all about making progress, and the last 2 weeks he's played his best games. That's more important than what his overall stats for the season are.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

There are factors like injury and strength of schedule and windy games and things like that. So you can make cases for why regression may happen even at the end of the season.

But all things being within normal ranges, if you had a scatter plot, you’d like to see some upward correlation. That’s what I’m hoping for anyway.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

I think we need to extend him on a long contract with no void years but lots (and I mean lots) of incentives.
    I think he Is turning the corner, but was still off target on a couple important throws. Most teams pick the last td I think.

Still I think he has a longish cousins style career ahead of him.
    All tyrannies rule through fraud and force, but once the fraud is exposed they must rely exclusively on force.

George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    I think you could argue that Love has played like a top 16 QB over the last 3 games, but across the entire season he's been ranked at about 30. Mostly because of things like Completion %, interceptions, etc. His accuracy issues hurt his productivity and efficiency -- even on passes he completes they are slightly off target and the receiver has to adjust -- if they are more accurate the receiver would catch them in stride and gain YAC.

I don't think he's trash, but he's not top 10 or top 5. He might get top 10 at some point in his career but he has a lot to improve on to get there. I think with a good supporting cast he can win/compete in most games.
    According to ESPNs total QBR he is currently 22nd. That feels about right after some of the stinkers he put up. It wouldn't shock me if he finishes the season inside the top 15. There are only 10 really good QBs in the league.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

I'd argue that Love right now is better than Cousins ever was.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    You argue a lot of things that are wrong, so this is just #208 on the list.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

That's some quality homerism there.

Kirk Cousins was playing at a very high level before his injury (dark horse MVP candidate level). He's put up pretty good numbers his entire time at MIN.
    He's had a 67.9% completion rate with 1.8% Int rate for MIN. Love can barely do that in most games this year, I have doubts he can average it over 6 years.

Now I'm not saying Cousins is an elite QB, but he's the best QB in the NFCN and one of the better ones in the NFC. I think he's fair to argue he's top 10 but certainly not top 5.

Maybe Love gets there eventually, but he's not there now and has a long way to go before he's there. Like RG, I'm hoping to see improvement over the season and at end of year you see where you are. If he's meh you see if you can improve at QB, you don't Daniel Jones him. If he's top 10 potential you try to extend him with incentives. I think he's already earned 1.5M of a possible 10M in incentives?

Blog Entries

Good luck validating that argument
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

4 of pack’s six losses have come by a combined 11 points. If we can start winning those close ones…

I’d never opening suggest tanking - but the playoff chances are mostly on these next 2 hard games. Could lose and still finish 9-8 and likely miss. Last 5 games all are winnable.

But lose these next 2 and any one of the last 5 games and I don’t think you should trot out injured starters and win at all costs for the final semi meaningless games.

Win one of these 2 vs Lions or Chiefs and it changes it completely w/ playoff mentality.

Blog Entries
    I would like to add this; in regards to E.T.T. a.ka. EMBRACE THE TANK

I remain in the middle on Jordan Love. When the E.T.T. was pimped by me earlier this year, it has THREE MAIN THINGS in mind

1. Marvelous Marvin Harrison....the best player in college football --- I want to watch his Hall of Fame Ride in Green Bay. Yes of course I want a stud QB; but I was M Squared in GB more
    2. Super Bowl or Bust. I want Championships! We're not getting one this year. We have many needs to fill in the draft.........And we are NOT getting one with the THIRD THEME
    3. BarryBall. Joe Barry needs to go yesterday and IMO that is tied to giving us a shot for a Super Bowl in our near future. Last week was our perfect shot, if that WR could catch a pass, to take a major stop towards the Barry Ball. He needs to be gone yesterday. Flower is covering his ass with everything he's got. E.T.T...for the greater good. And for those who condemn and give E.T.T. no merit at all..............don't go calling for Joe Barry to be removed. The Flower has his back

I say again, I don't think the younger bigger version of Marvin Harrison is gonna be all that super - good probably, but not Randy Moss good for example of a bigger faster WR.

I also say again, the hell with "Super Bowl or Bust". I'll be very pleased with a nice string of 13-4 or 14-3 seasons.

I agree with you about Barry needing to go and a good rest of the season making that less likely. That's absolutely NOT a reason to E T T, though.

I seriously doubt LaFleur is just keeping Barry around to enable losing/tanking. Far more likely is he really does have some misguided respect for Barry and his scheme.

[QUOTE=texaspackerbacker;1144725]I say again, I don't think the younger bigger version of Marvin Harrison is gonna be all that super - good probably, but not Randy Moss good for example of a bigger faster WR.

I also say again, the hell with "Super Bowl or Bust". I'll be very pleased with a nice string of 13-4 or 14-3 seasons.

I agree with you about Barry needing to go and a good rest of the season making that less likely. That's absolutely NOT a reason to E T T, though.

I seriously doubt LaFleur is just keeping Barry around to enable losing/tanking. Far more likely is he really does have some misguided respect for Barry and his scheme.

Blog Entries
    I say again, I don't think the younger bigger version of Marvin Harrison is gonna be all that super - good probably, but not Randy Moss good for example of a bigger faster WR.

WE
    First off Tex, I enjoy debating/arguing with you, even though you are pretty much wrong in nearly all of our debates. Ok, now back to your notes

1. You are wrong. MMH squared in the best player in college football. Barring injury, he's going to be a Hall of Famer. Who is our last Hall of Fame WR ? James Lofton from the 80's ? Not that I'd ever bait, you, but I'd welcome one of your bold predictions that any current Packer WR will have a better career than MARVELOUS Marvin Harrison Squared

2. I remember Championships. I'm so jealous of the run Hoody Genius, Hoody Genius Jr, and TB had. Being good to decent...anybody can be that. CHAMPIONSHIPS !!

3. Embrace the Tank believes in Championships and the Greater Good. It's obvious Flower boy is going to do everything he can to keep his friend/buddy on the staff. E.T.T. is the ANTI BARRYBALL. The concept believes GB never wins a champtionship with BarryBall.

I don't fault you Tex; by settling for decency, you become content, and in a sense, embrace BarryBall )

The only way we get rid of Barry is for this team to continue to lose. Lafleur has made it abundantly clear that he will defend and stick up for Barry whenever possible. It will take a horrific collapse for him to be jettisoned.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    The only way we get rid of Barry is for this team to continue to lose. Lafleur has made it abundantly clear that he will defend and stick up for Barry whenever possible. It will take a horrific collapse for him to be jettisoned.
    Gute (or the next Gute) might force the issue.

Gute ain’t going anywhere yet. Love will need to fall apart for Gute to feel the heat, and that hasn’t happened yet.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    Gute ain’t going anywhere yet. Love will need to fall apart for Gute to feel the heat, and that hasn’t happened yet.

Murphy replacement is the wildcard though