Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Embrace the Tank

Blog Entries
    Barryball is here to stay unless it comes from above
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Barryball is here to stay unless it comes from above
    If his D plays like it did today then I welcome it....but its one game. I'm not excited for his new contract yet.

When we played prevent today it was giving up 5 yards underneath and make the tackle. In the past prevent meant 20 yards, 47 seconds to score.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    Murphy replacement is the wildcard though
    The Murphy position is far more about running the business side of the Packers. That person isn’t going to rock the boat on the football side of the business unless something gets sideways. Nothing is even remotely close to sideways at this point.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Have the idiots pushing this tank shit given it up yet? No? Well, fuck 'em.

I tend to agree about Murphy, but that being the case, why hire a former player? There probably just as qualified or more people from other backgrounds.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Have the idiots pushing this tank shit given it up yet? No? Well, fuck 'em.

I tend to agree about Murphy, but that being the case, why hire a former player? There probably just as qualified or more people from other backgrounds.

This bus is still running strong; when you win a Super Bowl you can blow it up
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

The problem with "tanking" is that it would have required Love and all the 1/2 year skill position guys to NOT improve. We clearly didn't want that to happen. However I am still very much of the opinion this team isn't making it deep in the playoffs, so better draft capital is a plus. But then again, if they play like they did yesterday who am I to say. Maybe we punk the chefs this week!! Ok, now I'm just being greedy.

"punk the Chiefs" huh? like we lost by 17 to the Lions hahahahaha.

I wouldn't be surprised if we win the Chiefs game too. They're better than the Lions, but it's a home game, so who knows.

After the Chiefs, the Packers could/should win all five other games.

If we beat the Chiefs it’s going to go from, “maybe we make the playoffs” straight to expecting to make the playoffs.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    If we beat the Chiefs it’s going to go from, “maybe we make the playoffs” straight to expecting to make the playoffs.
    ESPN analytics currently has Packers with 43% of making playoffs. Would go over 50% with win over Chiefs.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    ESPN analytics currently has Packers with 43% of making playoffs. Would go over 50% with win over Chiefs.
    If we beat the chiefs, I think that 50% is a gross underestimation.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    EMBRACE THE TANK....E.T.T...................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFeC2yeOibg

They have NYG, CAR and CHI on the schedule still, 3 winnable games. If they win those and one more that puts them at 9-8 and very much in the hunt for a #7 seed in the NFC. SF, PHI, DAL and DET are the likely locks, and someone has to win the NFCS, so it really comes down to the 6 and 7 seeds.
    Part of me doesn't want to watch them win the 7 seed and get dismantled on WC weekend, but it might be good for their overall development.

Right now this feels like a team that could lose to almost any team and beat almost any team... so, maybe not enough data points to feel confident? I guess I'm not sure if this is an upward improvement trend or just a temporary hot streak.

Tanking was never a realistic option, with 5 wins it's definitely not happening now. Personally I'd rather see the team grow/improve than tank. Tanking means they have even more rebuilding and their window for success is much farther into the future.

I'd certainly put the Vikings game on that winnable list too, and I'd change the name of the list from winnable to should win. Winnable is every time they set foot on the field - like against K.C. for example.

I think we go into the playoffs 11-6 as the "team nobody wants to play against".

When I was doubting Love, I was all about the tank. With Love looking like the guy, I don’t really care if we get a top 7 pick. I’d so much rather have a probowl QB and win than get a stud LT and lose.

I'd certainly put the Vikings game on that winnable list too, and I'd change the name of the list from winnable to should win. Winnable is every time they set foot on the field - like against K.C. for example.

I think we go into the playoffs 11-6 as the "team nobody wants to play against".
    I’m not as convinced as you after two good games. But I’m sure not all out either. Let’s see what happens against KC. They look like they’re real next week and I’m all in.

As I said, I think they beat the Chiefs, but I could also see them playing good and losing close, K.C. being damn good, and then we see that whiny piss ants in here revert to the tank crap hahahaha.

As I said, I think they beat the Chiefs, but I could also see them playing good and losing close, K.C. being damn good, and then we see that whiny piss ants in here revert to the tank crap hahahaha.
    I’m usually not in your piss ant list, but this time I am

I always doubt a QB will be great until they prove they’re great in the NFL. So I wanted a chance at a new one. But Love was playing with a lot of inexperience and the pass pro was crap for a bit. So I misjudged the early struggles I think and he is very likely to be the guy. I was on the tank train, but I’m off now.

"punk the Chiefs" huh? like we lost by 17 to the Lions hahahahaha.

I wouldn't be surprised if we win the Chiefs game too. They're better than the Lions, but it's a home game, so who knows.

After the Chiefs, the Packers could/should win all five other games.
    Tex, your position every game is the pack wins by 20 and every player is great. You don't actually have a take on anything other than all is good, packers are infallible.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    I’m usually not in your piss ant list, but this time I am

I always doubt a QB will be great until they prove they’re great in the NFL. So I wanted a chance at a new one. But Love was playing with a lot of inexperience and the pass pro was crap for a bit. So I misjudged the early struggles I think and he is very likely to be the guy. I was on the tank train, but I’m off now.
    Or, everything is clicking now and he looks like the guy, but he is still just an early Carson Wentz in a different shade of green. I have moved around on him a bit, but every since the second half of that KC game in his very first start I said he wouldn't be an outright flop. My worst projection was always a guy like Mayfield or Carr who are good enough, but not really "the man". My best projection was always long term starter you can win an Owl with. And I would never say "hall of famer" until its definitively proven on the field, because thats just silly talk made by people who are prone to silly talk.