Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Embrace the Tank

hahahahaha That worked about 13 or 14 times out of 17 a lot of years, and I'm expecting to see a lot of that going forward. It must really suck to have the mindset many in here have.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    hahahahaha That worked about 13 or 14 times out of 17 a lot of years, and I'm expecting to see a lot of that going forward. It must really suck to have the mindset many in here have.
    I agree. Its probably more fun to live in a fantasy world than the real world, but it allows me to objectively make better decisions, so I live in the real one.

And incidentally, it only worked one time in the playoffs.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Fuck the playoffs. I'll take the REALITY of a huge win differential in the regular season anytime.

Blog Entries
    Fuck the playoffs. I'll take the REALITY of a huge win differential in the regular season anytime.

CHAMPIONSHIPS
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Bretsky, if you can only take pleasure in winning championships, your life will not be rewarding. You gotta take your pleasures where you can get them. Are you going to turn your back in disgust because two hot lesbians who are French kissing naked are not scissoring??
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Bretsky, if you can only take pleasure in winning championships, your life will not be rewarding. You gotta take your pleasures where you can get them. Are you going to turn your back in disgust because two hot lesbians who are French kissing naked are not scissoring??
    Wow, this is deep. Balls deep.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Senior Rat Veteran TravisWilliams23's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    CHAMPIONSHIPS
    Somewhere Vince is smiling at you Bretsky!

Blog Entries
    Frtiz Fritz Fritz

When you are watching two hot lesbians being naughty that is a championship !! ))
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

The CHI game and this latest DET game were the only wins that seemed convincing to me. NO was a fluky miss on a makeable FG, LAR had Brett Rypien at QB, and LAC beat themselves with drops and fumbles. This team is trending in the right direction, but 11-6 is a wildly optimistic expectation, given they are 5-6 and playing a much better KC team than LAC, DEN, or LV. KC's defense is underrated, and even though the receivers have let Mahomes down that offense is doing well by passing efficiency metrics, and they still have Mahomes.

It comes down to who on the OL will block Chris Jones, and whether you'd rather bet on Mahomes or a Joe Barry defense.

I called the NYG, CAR, CHI games winnable because they are. They could easily lose them if JLove goes on a interception bender or Justin Fields plays out of his mind (for example).
    The other games are coin flips at best, although the Bucs game will be at Lambeau and that looks promising. GB has a bad track record in MIN at US Bank, and Josh Dobbs has kept the Vikes afloat better than most expected. I do not think GB beats KC, but I very much hope they are competitive in that and all their remaining games. This season was about seeing growth in the youngsters, I want that to continue into next season and beyond.

If they go 4-2 in their remaining games (lose to KC, beat NYG, TAM, CAR, lose to MIN, beat CHI) that puts them 9-8 and squarely in the hunt for a 7 seed in the playoffs. Might result in a 37-10 drubbing against SF in mid-January, but you never know.
    This team went 8-9 last year and looked disinterested. I'd take 9-8, growing together and looking like a tough out with all that upside.

My opinion is that having a team that is consistently good gives you a better chance of winning it all than taking a shot in one or two years and blowing it all up to retool.

The Chiefs haven't looked all that inspired in some of their games this season - just good enough to win. I wouldn't bet on Joe Barry's D over Mahomes, but I'd consider betting on Love over the K.C. D. It will take a good almost inspired effort at home, but I certainly wouldn't bet against that.

Hopefully the Packers don't give these "tank" imbeciles any satisfaction.

When you say HOT lesbians, are you referring to "eye candy hot" or "menopause hot flashes" ?

The Chiefs haven't looked all that inspired in some of their games this season - just good enough to win. I wouldn't bet on Joe Barry's D over Mahomes, but I'd consider betting on Love over the K.C. D. It will take a good almost inspired effort at home, but I certainly wouldn't bet against that.

Hopefully the Packers don't give these "tank" imbeciles any satisfaction.
    Losing to the defending Owl champions wouldn't be a tank you sufferless old fool.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Losing to the defending Owl champions wouldn't be a tank you sufferless old fool.
    LOL this is true.

Also, tank talk is just water cooler nonsense at this point. ARI, NE, CHI (via CAR) are in a much better position even if GB somehow was tanking. They're the 8 seed in the NFC; everyone knows they aren't tanking.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkey View Post
    When you say HOT lesbians, are you referring to "eye candy hot" or "menopause hot flashes" ?
    Yes.

As for the remaining games, I still see this team going around 8 - 9. i don't think they can beat KC or Minny on the road, and I think someone else - TB? Chicago? Will upset them at home.

But if the offense continues to show growth, and if Devonte Wyatt particularly shows growth on defense (I'm waiting, Devonte), then it would be a satisfying season. Like seeing two hot lesbians french kissing.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

As shameful and disgraceful as these "tank" shitheads are, it makes you wonder what the fans are like for traditionally good teams doing far worse than the Packers (Patriots, etc.) as well as the fans of the chronic losers (too numerous to list).

Beating K.C. will be a monumental task, but I wouldn't rule it out. Beating the damn Vikings anyplace absolutely should happen - they couldn't even beat the Bears on what apparently was a bad night for Fields. The Packers should run the table after the Chiefs game. It sure would be nice to win that one too.

As shameful and disgraceful as these "tank" shitheads are, it makes you wonder what the fans are like for traditionally good teams doing far worse than the Packers (Patriots, etc.) as well as the fans of the chronic losers (too numerous to list).

Beating K.C. will be a monumental task, but I wouldn't rule it out. Beating the damn Vikings anyplace absolutely should happen - they couldn't even beat the Bears on what apparently was a bad night for Fields. The Packers should run the table after the Chiefs game. It sure would be nice to win that one too.
    Tex, I thought the season was doomed so I moved on to wanting a higher draft pick. Now that the young offense is clicking i want to win. In a lost season, it’s not that idiotic to start thinking ahead to better future players.

I definitely jumped the gun. There was always hope that young guys would figure it out, but some guys never do. Turns out we have some good ones. I’m glad it turned around. Having a legit team is always better than tanking, it just didn’t feel like we had the guns a few weeks ago. Didn’t feel like love was it either.

Good for you. You're on a roll tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Tex, I thought the season was doomed so I moved on to wanting a higher draft pick. Now that the young offense is clicking i want to win. In a lost season, it’s not that idiotic to start thinking ahead to better future players.

I definitely jumped the gun. There was always hope that young guys would figure it out, but some guys never do. Turns out we have some good ones. I’m glad it turned around. Having a legit team is always better than tanking, it just didn’t feel like we had the guns a few weeks ago. Didn’t feel like love was it either.
    It was always my issue with tanking. The only way it happens is if guys keep playing for shit. I didn't "want" that, but I wasn't positive they would improve enough to beat a Detroit at home on thanksgiving. Now that its clear they CAN win on any given sunday, we should want the playoffs. Because the other option is that Love doesn't continue to impress and other things go wrong. Discussing what to do if the team doesn't improve isn't, as tex puts it, gaddamn foolish stupid talk. Its just the natural order of us sucking so bad for a 5 game stretch.

Agree for sure, bobble. Love has opened the door to possibly beating the odds and being better than most of us thought. Anyone hoping for a draft pick over him showing he’s a stud is an imbecile as Tex puts it. A few weeks ago I was giving up, but I was way wrong on that. Everyone who could get better did and there’s a lot of times guys never get better. We just lucked into back to back good drafts.