Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Embrace the Tank

Blog Entries
    I'd like to thank Bobble for single handedly f'cking up my idea of a high draft pick by runnning several wins led by his Game Day Threads
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I'd like to thank Bobble for single handedly f'cking up my idea of a high draft pick by runnning several wins led by his Game Day Threads
    You giving up? Packers are only 1 game from a top 5 pick. https://www.tankathon.com/nfl
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    You giving up? Packers are only 1 game from a top 5 pick. https://www.tankathon.com/nfl
    I already waved the flag and surrendered my bus as my Embrace the Tank/getting Marelous Marvin and sending JOE BARRYBALL packing spirts have been crushed . I'm blaming Bobble for the thread streak
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Wow, Joe, that is crazy how much parity of mediocrity there is this year.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Wow, Joe, that is crazy how much parity of mediocrity there is this year.
    It's the wet dream of the NFL - eveybody's j-u-s-t within reach of a playoff spot, so all the games seem "important." Now we have fourteen out of thirty-two teams getting into the playoffs, which means if you're just slightly slightly above average (if you assume an average team is like a median team - sixteenth of thirty-two), you're in. I'm guessing the next step will be to make the argument they've created with this system that, since some "deserving" teams just barely missed out, they'll have to expand to sixteen playoff teams. You wait and see.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    WE
    First off Tex, I enjoy debating/arguing with you, even though you are pretty much wrong in nearly all of our debates. Ok, now back to your notes

1. You are wrong. MMH squared in the best player in college football. Barring injury, he's going to be a Hall of Famer. Who is our last Hall of Fame WR ? James Lofton from the 80's ? Not that I'd ever bait, you, but I'd welcome one of your bold predictions that any current Packer WR will have a better career than MARVELOUS Marvin Harrison Squared

2. I remember Championships. I'm so jealous of the run Hoody Genius, Hoody Genius Jr, and TB had. Being good to decent...anybody can be that. CHAMPIONSHIPS !!

3. Embrace the Tank believes in Championships and the Greater Good. It's obvious Flower boy is going to do everything he can to keep his friend/buddy on the staff. E.T.T. is the ANTI BARRYBALL. The concept believes GB never wins a champtionship with BarryBall.

I don't fault you Tex; by settling for decency, you become content, and in a sense, embrace BarryBall )

TIME FOR A BUMPEROOSKI

THE GREATER GOOD

Packers with the 11th pick!

Packers with the 11th pick!
    In close proximity of picks 5-9

I think Gute could hit on a trench player if he was that high.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

If you have to have a tank year

Having your qb pan out
    Having 5 or 6 skill guys pan out
    Looking solid on OL, DL, EDGE, CB

Having your DC, safeties and ILB be the biggest problems along with uncertainty at RB…. Those are the who’s who of easiest positions to fill later in the draft or cheaper in FA

And there aren’t many good TEs in the league. We might have two.

There are some ideal aspects to this tank job.

Blog Entries
    If Green Bay’s
    Defense looks bad against Carolina and the bears and they lose at least 2 of the last theee it might be near impossible for the flower to bring his rose bud back to direct the defense next year. I just lack faith in the flower. Embrace the greater good ! Embrace the Tank !

Maybe Joe Barry thought they were supposed to be tanking? That would explain the last two games.

Go Pack Go
    Let Joe Go

Here's a good conspiracy theory: the Packers' brass - this goes all the way to the top - has secretly done a deal with Joe Barely to deliberately put the defense in position to suck, so that Joe can take the fall after the season, and walk out with a check for, say, twenty million dollars - obviously under the table. MLF suspects but does not know this for sure - he's not in on the cabal - so he's struggling visibly with what to do. He's gotten strange, mysterious messages telling him to hang on to Joe Barry, but he doesn't know who's sending them.

Packers get a higher draft pick, Bears don't get the #1 pick. Setting up for a brighter future. Hell, the team already secretly has contracted with Al Harris/Jim Leonhard/Your Favorite Pick for D-Coordinator, also obviously violating NFL rules and international law.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Here's a good conspiracy theory: the Packers' brass - this goes all the way to the top - has secretly done a deal with Joe Barely to deliberately put the defense in position to suck, so that Joe can take the fall after the season, and walk out with a check for, say, twenty million dollars - obviously under the table. MLF suspects but does not know this for sure - he's not in on the cabal - so he's struggling visibly with what to do. He's gotten strange, mysterious messages telling him to hang on to Joe Barry, but he doesn't know who's sending them.

Packers get a higher draft pick, Bears don't get the #1 pick. Setting up for a brighter future. Hell, the team already secretly has contracted with Al Harris/Jim Leonhard/Your Favorite Pick for D-Coordinator, also obviously violating NFL rules and international law.
    You’re not a conspiracy theorist, you’re a conspiracy realist. All the puzzle pieces finally fit.

Makes as much sense to me as anything, Fritz. Lol

Like - how can you tank and appear that you’re not trying too.

It’s like - hey, Jordan - we’re gonna sign you to 40m year and we know you can make all the throws.

But for today - I want you to zip it over peoples heads on 3rd down and have a blank look on your face on the sidelines.

Or - carlson - can you barely make some kicks so when some of them miss it appears like you were trying the whole time?

It’d be easy.

So I can also assume Bak will be 100% next year, Jaire will play every game, and Jones will take another pay cut but get 15 touches a game also?
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Blow up the tank. Win out and make the playoffs. Have the defense dominate the Bears to the point where the Bears hire Barry as DC after the Packers fire him. Then after Bears fire Eberflus, hire Eberflus as DC. Done.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    So I can also assume Bak will be 100% next year, Jaire will play every game, and Jones will take another pay cut but get 15 touches a game also?
    we all know Bach is as good as gone

Clearly the Flower, and GB are not happy with Jaire and I don't know where that goes but nothing would surprise me

I do think Jones offers to take another paycut, and then he gets about 6 touches per game...lol

Blog Entries
    Blow up the tank. Win out and make the playoffs. Have the defense dominate the Bears to the point where the Bears hire Barry as DC after the Packers fire him. Then after Bears fire Eberflus, hire Eberflus as DC. Done.

The Bears are not stupid enough (I know , I've never said that before) to hire Joe Barry,

EMBRACE the TANK

JOE BARRY............BYE BYE...........the greater good !!

Bring Saleh, Bowles, Wink, or Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy

Top 7-10 pick

Super Bowl, in 2 years !!!

Clearly the Flower, and GB are not happy with Jaire and I don't know where that goes but nothing would surprise me
    Jaire seen in the locker room wearing a shoulder harness. It's still a problem and likely will be until next season. Maybe it heals enough where he can make it back vs. MIN or CHI, but I doubt it. It's one thing to run around in practice where there's no tackling, it's another to have to take on a block and make a tackle on a bum shoulder in a real game. I don't think Jaire is faking, I think he's hurt and everyone is frustrated by it. He's doing the opposite of Devondre - he's not putting himself on the field injured to where his performance is affected.

I think they just miss out on the playoffs, not unlike last year, and end up with a pick in the 12-16 range. There are a lot of teams with 5-7 wins currently and that will probably get sorted out by the final week.

Barry needs to go. I think Saleh sticks with NYJ because the Rodgers injury messed everything up. Their D - which is Saleh's thing - is good enough, question has always been about the offense.
    Bowles is sticking too, I'd think. He's got TB in 1st place in the division with 3 games to go.
    Wink is a maybe, but I don't know that he's MLF's cup of tea.
    Jimmy? hmmm
    I think it's too early to call, but gun to my head right now I'd guess either Evero or somebody from the college ranks like Aranda. College FB is a mess.

In two years the offense (assuming continued development of the youngsters) should be good enough to make them a contender, it's on the defense to meet them halfway.