Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Rams Vs. Packers Game Day Thread

Official Rams Vs. Packers Game Day Thread

Well, here we are. Another week of Packer Football. Great! Grand! Wonderful!

Rams come into Lambeau Field with a 3-5 record, while the Packers are at a lowly 2-5 record, having lost the last four games in a row. Surprisingly they are not at the bottom of the division only because the Bears have one more loss. However, for this game, the Packers are favored by 3 points last time I checked. WTF! Have the bookies watched this team?!?! Stafford or no Stafford, this Packers team has been a mess and shouldn’t be favored by anything!

We all know the struggles of this team this year. Our Offense can’t score in the first half, let alone just score. The O-line is a sieve. We have no running game. Love can’t throw the deep ball. Wide receivers run the wrong routes. Our Defense, which was supposed to be the strength of the team, with all those 1st round picks, looks more pedestrian than anything. They can’t stop the run. Opposing team receivers are sometimes wide open due to “miscommunication,” in the secondary. And then Special Teams have been meh. There has been no bright spot in any facet of this team. No glimmer of hope. What we’ve seen on the field is just a bad team. The most disappointing thing is that I’ve seen Love regress as the season goes on.

So, what can we expect this week? Will we see much of the same from past games? Offense sputtering in the first half, consecutive 3 and outs, Defense giving up chunks of yards and on the field way too long. All is not lost my fellow Packer Rats! I saw an article this week that stated the “Packers receivers were having their best practices in recent weeks.” Really! Well, hell! Now it makes sense why the Packers are favored by 3. The bookies mut have read that article too. I change my tune. Things are going to be good from here on out. This is the week it all comes together! It just took them a few more weeks than expected to get all the kinks out. Look out NFL, the Pack is Back!

Rams 10
    Packers 54
    (Packers score 24 points in the 1st half, 14 points in the 1st quarter)

There is hope that the offense gets better. Maybe special teams too. But the defense should theoretically be worse. I’m not expecting much.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Read an interesting article on contested catches. Packers have the lowest contested completion rate of catchable balls in the league (21% of 47 balls).

Those semi drops kill drives, ToP, point opportunities and tilt the scheme playing from behind.

Most surprising to me is Watson - he’s 0 for 8 after catching 75% of those same balls last year. Lowest in the league. Reed is 2nd at 0-7.

More Jones. A lot more.

Scheme for less contested throws?

I won’t be shocked with a win or a loss. It’s a growth year so hopefully we get to see some positives.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Love’s got humor
    He’s the giggle at a funeral
    Knows everybody's disapproval
    We should've worshiped Love sooner
    If the Heavens ever did speak
    Love’s the last true mouthpiece

Every Sunday's getting more bleak
    A fresh poison each week
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Packer Inactives
    Quay Walker
    Rudy Ford
    Brenton Cox Jr.
    Caleb Jones
    Samori Toure

Ram Inactives
    Matthew Stafford
    Myles Gaskin
    Ernest Jones
    Zach Thomas
    Rob Havenstein
    Earnest Brown

No Walker - well that's a bite in the ass. Really irritates me when players get hurt in practice. I know it happens, but damn!

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    There is hope that the offense gets better. Maybe special teams too. But the defense should theoretically be worse. I’m not expecting much.
    Anybody know who the inactives are?

And wouldn’t it be a kick in the pants if the offense scored, say, 13 first-half points, but Joe Barely’s defense gave up 23 in the first half to a backup QB? Wouldn’t be too surprised.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Go Pack Go!
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post

And wouldn’t it be a kick in the pants if the offense scored, say, 13 first-half points, but Joe Barely’s defense gave up 23 in the first half to a backup QB? Wouldn’t be too surprised.
    I just posted the inactives

Thanks, Pitt. No Quay in the middle = Rams run wild up the middle.

Ruh roh. I smell a giant wet brown mess coming on. Maybe a few kernels of corn in there.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

So Packers could have 2 rookies in their secondary making their first start. What, me worry?
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Make Rypien look like Mark on his best day.

KYPack

Every win we get is a net loss of 2.5 slots in the draft. Embrace the tank!!

Kickass Rat All-Pro CaptainKickass's Avatar
    Obligatory game day post.
    "Everyone's born anarchist and atheist until people start lying to them" ~ wise philosopher

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post

Embrace the tank!!

Week 16 against the Panthers could be the Caleb Williams bowl!!

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    Hoping for the best, preparing for the worst..

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Week 16 against the Panthers could be the Caleb Williams bowl!!
    The Pussies of Carolina (not to be confused with the Pussies of Detroit and the Pussycats of Kentucky) recently drafted a “midget” Black QB #1 overall. Why would they tank for another one?

Not expecting a whole lot from the Packers today.
    Think the defense will take a big step back, and the offense will marginally improve.
    The only thing I will get out of a win today is a waste of three hours of my time.

Quote Originally Posted by oldbutnotdeadyet View Post
    Hoping for the best, preparing for the worst..
    Are you gonna the bomb or not? Let us die young or let us live forever.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Bitches gonna be mad when we get a W today.