Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: Official Rams Vs. Packers Game Day Thread

The good news is the likely cost of extending Love is way down from where it was after the first few games.

The bad new is why the cost is down.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I'm not gonna wade through 20 pages of posts, but this one stood out as amazingly STUPID - kinda like the dumbass who posted it. Stafford in his best years threw the ball to the other team way more than a QB should. Rypien in this game was probably best described as mediocre, but it's doubtful Stafford would have been better.

Rypien was pathetic. Mediocre at QB may have beat us
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

A pathetic QB throws a bunch of interceptions and misses a bunch of open receivers as well as having no ability to escape the pass rush. Did Rypien do that? I say again, the guy was mediocre.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Blog Entries
    A pathetic QB throws a bunch of interceptions and misses a bunch of open receivers as well as having no ability to escape the pass rush. Did Rypien do that? I say again, the guy was mediocre.

He gets 2 out of 3 there
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    A pathetic QB throws a bunch of interceptions and misses a bunch of open receivers as well as having no ability to escape the pass rush.
    Sorry, Tex, I’m usually your ally. But in this case, you pretty described Love in a nutshell.

Kap is awesome because he possesses the athleticism of a Black person and the brain power of a white person. In Love’s case, he ain’t Black enough to be athletic and he ain’t white enough to be smart.
    Last edited by Anti-Polar Bear; 11-07-2023 at 01:01 AM. Reason: Flipping burgers.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Because you haven’t applied for any of the open jobs. Hell the post office is hiring. Good pay, great benefits.
    Can Joemailman confirm this?
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Can Joemailman confirm this?
    Yes, but delivering mail in the winter can be tough in cold dark and dull Green Bay. Tougher than shutting down Darren Charles. Was that his name?
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Yes, but delivering mail in the winter can be tough in cold dark and dull Green Bay. Tougher than shutting down Darren Charles. Was that his name?
    I can handle it. I once sacked Dennis Bogatz on a cold dreary night in Pulaski.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Sorry, Tex, I’m usually your ally. But in this case, you pretty described Love in a nutshell.

Kap is awesome because he possesses the athleticism of a Black person and the brain power of a white person. In Love’s case, he ain’t Black enough to be athletic and he ain’t white enough to be smart.
    When did Love ever throw a bunch of interceptions? He seems to have soaked up a lot of Aaron Rodgers in that area. I don't see him missing many open receivers - 20 of 26 completed with at least 2 drops and a couple of justified throwaways. And he sure as hell is mobile with the good sense to mostly run to set up a pass.

You're still thinking about Kaepernick? I was actually just a little bit with you on the prospect of getting him - despite all the unmentionable shit. I don't see Kaepernick in his prime (even though I liked the way he played) as half as good an all around QB as Love.

In fairness, Darren Charles was a pretty big name back in the day, and about 6'6" as I recall.

When did Love ever throw a bunch of interceptions? He seems to have soaked up a lot of Aaron Rodgers in that area. I don't see him missing many open receivers - 20 of 26 completed with at least 2 drops and a couple of justified throwaways.
    Love is 28th in interceptions per attempt. Rodgers has the career best in that category. They are not even remotely comparable at this point, even you have to admit this, right?

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    Love is 28th in interceptions per attempt. Rodgers has the career best in that category. They are not even remotely comparable at this point, even you have to admit this, right?
    True, but Rodgers' INT pct. in his 1st year as starter was significantly higher than his career pct. would prove to be. 2.4 vs.1.4. Love's pct will never be as low as Rodgers', but will likely come down from the current 3.1.

I'll fall back on observability in the Love interception thing. You know what the whiny true squad shitheads can do with their bogus stats. It seems like there was a bad game or two earlier in the season where Love threw several picks, at least some of which were on the receivers for bad routes or whatever.

APB the Mailman ...... is there room for two in here? hahahaha

Interceptions are less common than they used to be. Everyone knows turnovers are killers and coaches and schemes are better about that. Even the passing rules help.
    That said, Rodgers' career INT ratio is going to stand as the best or among the best for a very very long time.

I don't think Love is a turnover machine, but I think his QB style is different from Rodgers and he's going to throw more picks and have a higher Int% than Rodgers. He can improve on it, and I think he will but he's not going to threaten Rodgers' number.
    Improved coaching and better execution by the receivers will certainly help Love.

I'll fall back on observability in the Love interception thing. You know what the whiny true squad shitheads can do with their bogus stats. It seems like there was a bad game or two earlier in the season where Love threw several picks, at least some of which were on the receivers for bad routes or whatever.

APB the Mailman ...... is there room for two in here? hahahaha
    I'm retired. I might give the kid a few pointers.

Blog Entries
    I'm not gonna wade through 20 pages of posts, but this one stood out as amazingly STUPID - kinda like the dumbass who posted it. Stafford in his best years threw the ball to the other team way more than a QB should. Rypien in this game was probably best described as mediocre, but it's doubtful Stafford would have been better.

Coming back to this, Rypiens pathetic perfomance just got his ass cut

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    True, but Rodgers' INT pct. in his 1st year as starter was significantly higher than his career pct. would prove to be. 2.4 vs.1.4. Love's pct will never be as low as Rodgers', but will likely come down from the current 3.1.
    I'm just saying he's solidly in the bottom of the league No amount of observations from Tex will change that

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post

Sharpe; that is Stats and Data !!! That stuff if for the GD media know nothings to discuss on shows but it really means nothing.

But seriously, Love is currently among the worst in the NFL there; he's in the bottom third of QB's currently

Hopefully he'll improve greatly but he's not a guy I think I think I"ll want to give the going QB wages of 35MIL /Yr or more to

I say again, the anti-Love mania in here definintely does not seem to be shared by people in several Packer fan groups in Facebook and elsewhere. I'm trying to recruit some of those sane and normal people to join Packerrats to counter the whiny piss ants in here.

Love is under contract through 2024. How much will he cost if signed after that? Who knows, but it should be a lot more clear what he's worth by that time. I'm thinking he is the starting Packer QB long after that, and we'll all be thankful for it.

Bretsky, your first line is very true. I HOPE you aren't just being sarcastic.

Love might end up being good, he's just got a long way to go. I also don't see the glimpses of ability and playmaking I saw early with Favre and Rodgers. He looks pretty underwhelming across the board.

I think Love is ok. It is WAY TOO EARLY to be talking about extensions or contracts for him. Lots of football left, lots to evaluate.
    I can tell you that I don't see an 'it' factor that will make him elite. With a good OL and receivers, he can be a facilitator but I don't think he's a Mahomes or worth 35M/yr.
    At the moment, his supporting cast has got him a bit rattled -- which doesn't help -- but ignoring that his accuracy and ball placement is a problem, especially on deep throws. Maybe that improves with age, but he's had a lot of time to work on it already so I'm not optimistic. QBs who are only accurate in the MOF and within 15 yards of the LOS aren't elite or even top 10, and given the garbage QBs (10 rookies starting this season so far) that's...not good. I think he can be a decent system QB and he's definitely a step up from a backup QB, but I don't see performance worthy of a big contract extension.

QBs get outsized contracts because the way the rules are they generally have outsized control of the game's outcome. A lot of middling QBs get paid stupid money. Daniel Jones being the latest example. I think by the end of the season they'll have a better read on if Love is the long-term answer or just a stopgap. Right now he looks more stopgap than long term franchise QB to me, but draft position and cap space may force them to keep him a bit longer than they may want to.

After the 2024 end you may be looking at a completely new GB team: Murphy will be on his way out and the new President might change the reporting structure, the GM and the HC. They may want to move on from Love at that point.

I'm not a Jordan Love hater, I think he can win games and be 'ok'. I'm not on the bandwagon and I see him as a QB who you'll eventually look to replace because he's an average-ish pro, and that doesn't get you much over .500.