Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22

Thread: Official Rams Vs. Packers Game Day Thread

Is there some reason to think Murphy will be out after 2024? It's not like he has a fixed term or anything. And a "completely new team"? I VERY much doubt that - too much good young talent, plus it would be stupidly contrary to the Packer way of doing things.

I agree, way too early to extend Love, just as it's way too early and also very wrongheaded to be down on him and his performance. The only possible reason to extend him now would be kinda a leap of faith to sign him now for a bargain price - and I doubt that happens.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Out after next season. He said he is retiring. The board requires it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Is there some reason to think Murphy will be out after 2024? It's not like he has a fixed term or anything. And a "completely new team"? I VERY much doubt that - too much good young talent, plus it would be stupidly contrary to the Packer way of doing things.

I agree, way too early to extend Love, just as it's way too early and also very wrongheaded to be down on him and his performance. The only possible reason to extend him now would be kinda a leap of faith to sign him now for a bargain price - and I doubt that happens.

TEX

Will Jordan Love be Green Bay's next franchise QB for the next 10 Plus Years ??
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Also Tex, have you tried Yoga? What you actually do is spread your legs wide open and try your hardest to chill.
    There are lots of techniques to relax, apparently most community colleges have courses about the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post
    Also Tex, have you tried Yoga? What you actually do is spread your legs wide open and try your hardest to chill.
    There are lots of techniques to relax, apparently most community colleges have courses about the subject.
    That second line of yours, Vincenzo, didn’t Bobby Knight catch a lot of flak for saying something like that?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post
    The only thing more pathetic than advocating tanking is quoting your idiotic self in another thread. Eat shit and die you non-Packer fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    TEX

Will Jordan Love be Green Bay's next franchise QB for the next 10 Plus Years ??
    I don't know, what do you think? It's not really a safe bet one way or the other IMO.

The only thing more pathetic than advocating tanking is quoting your idiotic self in another thread. Eat shit and die you non-Packer fan.
    Ah c’mon now, I know I’m calling you out to chill, but I wouldn’t want to take it any further than that. At 58 now and a Packer fan since 1983, all I can say in reply is have yourself a great day.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    That second line of yours, Vincenzo, didn’t Bobby Knight catch a lot of flak for saying something like that?
    Oops, wouldn’t want to offend sir!

Blog Entries
    I don't know, what do you think? It's not really a safe bet one way or the other IMO.

I think Gute gave up as much as he did because he thought Love was going to be a perrenial top 10 QB.

I don't agree.

He's ok. But I don't know what he does great.
    So right now I think giving up a 4th rounder and our 1st to move up and take him was a mistake. I saw huge huge upside in Erin; I don't see that with Love.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

So basically, we have you on one side of the scales, and the general manager of an NFL team on the other side of the scales. Which side to go with? that's the dilemma hahahaha.

As I recall, I also saw greatness in Rodgers before most others did. I'm not quite ready to label Love "great" or "Rodgers-like" yet, but I do see more quality in him than apparently most in here do (although as I have said, outside of this forum, it seems like there is a helluva lot higher regard for Love).

I also thought at the time that using a first round pick, much less trading up, for Love was a mistake. However, that's not because of negativity toward Love. I just thought (and still wouldn't be surprised to see) Rodgers playing at a high level for a significant number more years.

We'll see, I guess.

Now we're at the trust me I foresaw Rodgers greatness before you did stage of argument. SMH.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Out after next season. He said he is retiring. The board requires it.
    The organization has mostly been successful, as NFL franchises go, yet I am somehow glad Murphy will be gone. Don't like his silo thing.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Just about all you assholes have quoted yourselves at some point. Some even make a thread of it.