Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: More Banjo - Packers vs. Steelers

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Doubbs is consistently OK, but I think long term I like Reed and Wicks better than Doubbs
    We see the same things this year. I don’t know if I’d go as far as to say Wicks is better yet. But Reed definitely seems to have the mystical “it” factor and looks lively enough out there to do some damage with his explosiveness.

Reed is a lot like a young Cobb. He could easily be a top level #2 receiver. I mean, there is a small chance he’s more than that, but seems like a decent bet to be a Cobb level guy.

Doubs has 2 potential as well, but lacks suddenness or speed. He’s just got good size and catches well. I like Reeds speed and movement better.

Watson is trash.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Wicks kind of has James Jones vibes
    Doubs, if you have to comp him to recents is a little James Jonesy too
    Reed has Cobb mixed with Jennings vibes
    Watson MVS with worse hands
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Wicks kind of has James Jones vibes
    Doubs, if you have to comp him to recents is a little James Jonesy too
    Reed has Cobb mixed with Jennings vibes
    Watson MVS with worse hands

I like Doubbs; he just doens't seem explosive but he's reliable. Maybe James Jones

I really think Reed will be better then Cobb

Wicks seems more explosive to me than Doubbs; I like him more than Romeo long term.

Watson shows flashes here and there; but man it stinks that we used "2" second round draft picks to go up and get Watson. Not much faith in CW at this point but he might be ok
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Hard to believe Christian Watson Packers #4 receiver. Didn't see that coming this year.
    Should have been sat down today. I question if a different WR holds on to a few of those drops.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Should have been sat down today. I question if a different WR holds on to a few of those drops.
    Where is Harvey Wallbanger ? He's was Watson's biggest fan. I'd like to know if he's jumped off the Watson plank yet
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

For being 6'4", Watson plays more like he is 5'10"

Guy doesn't high point catches, and seems unable to gear down so that he can elevate vertically. Play reminds me of MVS. Not a physical player.

Willie Gault like.

I'd trust a jump ball play to Wicks more than Watson

Not as down on Watson. He’s been injured on and off all year and hasn’t rounded into shape. He can run, he just needs to learn the rest of the game. Last year, they had plays that he could do pretty well. They’re actually trying to teach him to run rotes and he isn’t there yet. Give him time, you can teach routes and positioning, you can’t teach speed.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    The Packers coaches are dumb.

Barry failing to call an all out blitz when Asses of Denver decided to go for it on 4th down with six seconds left was stupid.

Last play of the Lumpensteelers game, genius “Black” coach Mike McDaniel woulda dialed up an ingenious hook and ladder play. The Frog simply called a Hail Mary. Dumb.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkey View Post
    For being 6'4", Watson plays more like he is 5'10"

Guy doesn't high point catches, and seems unable to gear down so that he can elevate vertically. Play reminds me of MVS. Not a physical player.

Willie Gault like.

I'd trust a jump ball play to Wicks more than Watson
    It's not for lack of jumping ability. His vertical at combine was an excellent 38.5, whereas MVS' was a poor 30.5. Maybe he's timing his jumps poorly. Maybe the injuries are affecting him either physically or mentally.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

This play should have gotten Sean Rhyan inserted in the lineup. I knew it looked bad live. The replay looks even worse. https://twitter.com/i/status/1723877284258385964

Runyan again. If he gets a block Aaron Jones walks into the end zone. https://twitter.com/i/status/1723866659637629391
    Last edited by Joemailman; 11-12-2023 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    This play should have gotten Sean Rhyan inserted in the lineup. I knew it looked bad live. The replay looks even worse. https://twitter.com/i/status/1723877284258385964

Runyan again. If he gets a block Aaron Jones walks into the end zone. https://twitter.com/i/status/1723866659637629391
    thats a 3-4 ILB blowing up our right guard

i cringed when i saw that live

tough to tell in the video, but i think its #50. 6-1 238 pounds
    Last edited by red; 11-12-2023 at 10:40 PM.

doubs = driver

watsons best asset is his top end speed, which is completely useless is the QB can't throw the ball down field.

and i agree, he doesn't play like he's 6'4. i also am starting to get the MVS vibe

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    doubs = driver

watsons best asset is his top end speed, which is completely useless is the QB can't throw the ball down field.

and i agree, he doesn't play like he's 6'4. i also am starting to get the MVS vibe
    Driver ain’t nicknamed “Quickie” for nothing. Quickness ain’t Doubs strength. Tae Adams, thy name is Doubs.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Watson played 75% of snaps, Reed 51% and Wicks 44%. Those numbers need to change a bit, and might help Watson by taking some pressure off him.

MVS has 14 catches for like 225 yards and 1 TD this year…

Quote Originally Posted by Fosco33 View Post
    MVS has 14 catches for like 225 yards and 1 TD this year…
    Not sure what point you're trying to make, but Watson is 14-236-1.

Red’s comment on MVS vibes matches w/ the stat lines

Getting rid of Joe Barry would make a helluva huge difference. A LOT of D players did fairly decent jobs. It's just the scheme that sucks so bad. Other teams with way less talent play way better D. That's on God damned Barry!

I say again, Love is doing a decent job, and he's gonna be an excellent QB going forward. If we'd won, I was planning on rubbing ya'all haters' noses in it about him. As it is, he still is worthy of praise.

LaFleur seems to have stepped up his game on play calling the last couple of games. Yeah, the receivers are doing good. Dillon is sort of winning me over. There's a lot to love about Aaron Jones, but I'm coming around to the point of view that he's replaceable. That's after seeing a lot of good speed RBs around the league and coming out of colleges.

The young kicker better step it up too, as looking around the league as well as the NCAA, good kickers just don't seem to be all that hard to find.

And the Packers special teams may not be quite as bad as in the past, but they still aren't very good. I have to blame coaching on that too.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Recall most packer fans were down on Adams for years before he became great. Ie, many of these young guns in year 3-4-5 might be pro bowlers.

Watson is a great athlete who is being thrust into the WR1 role before he's ready. Dude sometimes runs routes like he's still learning the route tree. Playing for NDSU, he could just outrun the defense, he hasn't had to work on other things. He's being forced to do that and struggling, which isn't that surprising. Contested catches were never a big part of his game, I wouldn't expect him to be Megatron overnight. Watson might turn into something, or he might be MVS part 2 (or Torrey Smith, if you prefer). You still need guys who can threaten a defense deep, so he has value even if two R2 picks might end up being way too steep a price.

Doubs is good, but I think he's a solid WR3 type. His hands aren't as good as some make them to be. ALL the WRs need work on drops and catching the ball with a DB swiping at you. Hand strength is a thing.

Wicks looks like he could be a good WR2, not much speed but he can separate and that matters big time in the pros.
    Reed is more like Cobb, I don't think he's that similar to Jennings tbh.

They need a RAC guy like a Deebo/Aiyuk or AJ Brown. Shanahan offenses like their play action deep shots, but they also have WRs who eat by catching a 7 yard throw and turning it into 15. Does GB have a player that can do that on this team?

Musgrave should absolutely not be used on DickRod routes where it's 3yards and break a tackle. That's not his game... he's a seam buster or a wheel or deep over route guy who can burn a LB or S in coverage. Maybe Tucker Kraft figures out the game and can do the DickRod stuff and gain YAC, he did some of that in college but his mind has been spinning making the jump from SDSU to GB.

All these guys need to continue to improve, I wouldn't call any of them busts. J'Mon Moore was a bust...these guys have at least shown something to leave us wanting more.