View Poll Results: Which WR Draft Class do you the most confidence as Long Term Successful WR's in GREEN BAY ???

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2022 Draft Class----WATSON and DOUBBS

2 20.00%
  • 2023 Draft Class----REED and WICKS

8 80.00%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Whis Draft Class of GB Packers WR's do you have the most long term faith in ?

Blog Entries

Whis Draft Class of GB Packers WR's do you have the most long term faith in ?

Thoughts ?
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    2nd year Doubs would be putting up pretty numbers with Butte throwing him the rock. Watch the all-22’s. Doubs knows how to get open. He’s catching every fucking thing that hits him.

Watson needs to lose the vag and grow a pair.

Lots of hard ons for Reeds and Wicks, so it’s easy to forget that they’re being covered by 3rd/4th corners. One guy is a slot machine and the other’s a sloth.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Reed to me has the highest ceiling of all of them right now. Wicks and Doubs are roughly equal. Watson has all the talent in the world, but doesn’t have the drive or the guts to maximize it.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    Reed to me has the highest ceiling of all of them right now. Wicks and Doubs are roughly equal. Watson has all the talent in the world, but doesn’t have the drive or the guts to maximize it.
    This is where I'm at too.

RIght now I expect Reed to be the best

And I think Wicks shows more explosive abilities over Doubbs. I know I'm in the minority in PR there.

I have a terrible time finding a comp for Doubbs outside of a Ruvell Martin with more talent
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

How about all of the above?

Watson was drafted to be a superstar. He hasn't been that so far, but the potential is there. Doubs, Reed, and Wicks along with Toure were basically afterthoughts - supporting players who in 3 of the 4 cases have turned out pretty well.

If the Packers had played defense to the level they should based on where the personnel was drafted, then the progress of the offense and in particular the passing game would be plenty good enough to win a lot of games. In other words, the blame virtually ALL falls on damn Joe Barry.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post

Watson was drafted to be a superstar. He hasn't been that so far, but the potential is there. Doubs, Reed, and Wicks along with Toure were basically afterthoughts - supporting players who in 3 of the 4 cases have turned out pretty well.

If the Packers had played defense to the level they should based on where the personnel was drafted, then the progress of the offense and in particular the passing game would be plenty good enough to win a lot of games. In other words, the blame virtually ALL falls on damn Joe Barry.
    Last time the Love-led offense scored 21 points in a game, I was shutting down Darren Charles. Barry-led defense, meanwhile, has been allowing a mean of 20 ppg.

I am all for getting rid of Barry and his vanilla D, but the O has costed Pack 3-4 games thus far.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    This is where I'm at too.

RIght now I expect Reed to be the best

And I think Wicks shows more explosive abilities over Doubbs. I know I'm in the minority in PR there.

I have a terrible time finding a comp for Doubbs outside of a Ruvell Martin with more talent
    Its not uncommon for a good slot to show more early. I don't think Reed is the best of the bunch, in fact I think in 10 years he may end up the worst. I still have high hopes for Watson and Wicks. Doubs will be a poor mans Michael Thomas. Think Donald Driver type career. Although driver excelled way into his 30s
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Blog Entries

All of the above is for P'ssies Tex

My polls are mean to stir shit up and debate and disagree.

But reality is, all 4 will not be extended to long terms deals.

So part of the exercise, is to see where everybody is at on the packages

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    After today the choice was more difficult but going with the new guys. Wicks run beastly like no one is stopping him.

We have 4 legit WR on the roster. Probably 2 #2s and 2 #3s at this point. Or is it 4 #2.5s? We don't have a true alpha, but man I like the way wicks and Reed play. Watson and Doubs should be ahead of them, but all 4 seem similar. Maybe I'm wrong and Reed will become the class of the group. But if the OL can hold up and the running game can give advantageous situations we have enough talent at the pass catching positions to win a lot of games.

This year's class looks better.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    After today the choice was more difficult but going with the new guys. Wicks run beastly like no one is stopping him.
    Does Wicks kinda look like Javon Walker out there ?

He does have that "man among boys" look to his game.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    He does have that "man among boys" look to his game.

He really is a beast out there. But Bobble is right; we might have 4 2.5's right know.

Add a #1 and we are set !

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Last time the Love-led offense scored 21 points in a game, I was shutting down Darren Charles. Barry-led defense, meanwhile, has been allowing a mean of 20 ppg.

I am all for getting rid of Barry and his vanilla D, but the O has costed Pack 3-4 games thus far.
    When you shut down Darren Charles, Love was probably still in diapers hahahaha.

It really looked like they might blow the lead - the third lead of the game - even today. The field itself and maybe sun in the eyes did more for the D than Barry's scheme.

Bretsky, I'll double down on that "all of the above" after day. And supposedly Dubose is pretty good if he gets healthy too. WR is another position we don't need to draft.

Blog Entries
    When you shut down Darren Charles, Love was probably still in diapers hahahaha.

It really looked like they might blow the lead - the third lead of the game - even today. The field itself and maybe sun in the eyes did more for the D than Barry's scheme.

Bretsky, I'll double down on that "all of the above" after day. And supposedly Dubose is pretty good if he gets healthy too. WR is another position we don't need to draft.

Stop being a SALLY and Make a decision

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I was leaning towards JJ with the toughness but I could see the Javon comparison from when he is moving with the ball. He just might be great enough to hold out for a contract someday.

I STILL say all of them are gonna be solid excellent players, but if you're gonna pin me down, I'll go with the highest ceiling - Christian Watson or if you're looking for the pair, him and Doubs.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    I was leaning towards JJ with the toughness but I could see the Javon comparison from when he is moving with the ball. He just might be great enough to hold out for a contract someday.
    Yeah. I see James Jones too.

Doubs is like Lazard in that he doesn’t threaten with speed at all, but Jordy in that he hauls in contested catches.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

I don't have a Wicks comp yet. Need some more time. I'm not leaning towards walker just yet though.