Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Official Packers vs. Chargers Gameday Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Congrats for getting to be the turkey on Thursday man.
    9:30am. Super early game. Good news is nothing going on the night before so I'll take the dogs on a desert hike and get the thread ready by 9. Then start hitting the bourbon and cooking.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

I thought the Loins always, always played the 1:00 p.m. game. So they are finally, finally, having a good year, and they have to play the early game? That's fucked up.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I thought the Loins always, always played the 1:00 p.m. game. So they are finally, finally, having a good year, and they have to play the early game? That's fucked up.
    He is talking Las Vegas time. It’s a 11:30 am central time start.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Here are my thoughts from the game.
    If the Chargers don’t drop 4 key passes, the Charges win the game.
    Watson doesn’t seemed to play with any intensity. On numerous plays, he ran at half speed.
    Love play really well. Chargers D isn’t good but Love did what you should do against this team.
    My have seen Aaron Jones last play as a Packer. Coming back from a knee and kicked down the road contract make 2024 doubtful.
    Why didn’t the Chargers run more?
    #6 needs to be released tomorrow. He is supposed to be our special teams ace. He is liability with his temper.
    We have no #1 WR. Reed is our long field threat. Dobbs is our red zone threat. Have a bunch of WR 2s on the roster.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Well, I just waded through 10 pages while watching DVR of the Bucks game last night. It got pretty thick at times hahahaha. Where's the banjo thread or studs and duds?

Ideally, this game will shut up the idiotic Love-hate. And the "tank" idiocy never shoulda been, but it probably won't end for the dumbasses promoting it. Oh well.

That 51 yard TD play that the commentator said was the longest allowed by the Packers all season, that tells me something about what damned Barry is thinking, maybe - keep everything in front of you and don't give up the big play, even at the cost of giving up so many lesser but significant chunks. I'm not saying I like that. I don't, but it does maybe show semblance of logic to the scheme.

I wonder who woulda played RB if Dillon had gone down. It looked to me like Wilson hurt his arm on his lame attempt at a stiff arm. I hope he's back. I've got a high opinion of him.

The old "ghosts of Lambeau"/"Vince up there pulling strings"/Lambeau field and light conditions - whatever - really seemed to help - all the slipping, drops maybe from sun in eyes, maybe Bosa getting those longer spikes stuck causing his injury. Call me a horrible person (many do hahahaha), but I can't help being happy when players from the other team get hurt, especially good ones.

The O Line had some decent moments, but I guess we still need to draft early help to improve there. The D Line and OLBs mostly did the job. Those nobody DBs played over their heads even though they gave up some - Snoop Dogg's nephew, Simone Biles' bf, the other Anthony Johnson, V and B alentine, they basically did all right.

I hope they at least bring in a kicker or two to put some pressure on Carlson to shape up.

I kinda like that Italian special teamer's attitude giving some shit to the damned official. All in all, though, there were as many or more close calls and no-calls that went our way as not today.

Don't be surprised if we knock off Detroit, the team that bearly beat the Bares, on Thanksgiving. Bretsky was probably being sarcastic when he talked about 8 in a row, but why the hell not?
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Blog Entries
    Actually I said they could easily win 8 total. Which not only screws up our draft position, it saves your buddy's job

Did you listen to the Flower interview last week after the game Tex ? He was defending your boy Barry at all costs. They are buddies. Pick your poison. If that dumbass 1st round draft pick for SD catches the ball and they go in to beat us.....everybody is calling for Barry's head and more and more pressure mounts on the Flower.

Do you hear the silence now regarding BarryBall Tex ? That makes the Flower happy.

I don't ever expect you to embrace the greater good; but today was another step in us being stuck with Barry as long as the Flower is here. You can close your eyes and be at peace with that I guess; I can't.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

He ain't "my boy" Barry. I've been among the biggest haters of him. I agree with what Thunder or somebody wrote - that if LaFleur clings to Barry too long, maybe he should go too.

You're probably right, winning this game maybe did silence some of the critics (not me). And if the Packers continue to win most of the rest of the season, Barry probably does stay next year. We won 13 or 14 games with him in the past and probably could again. Even though I don't like the guy or his style of D, as the commentators said, the Packers are well into the upper half of the league in fewest yards and points allowed, and that's with a lot less ball control by our offense most games this season. I'm not defending Barry, but it is what it is, and LaFleur can reply that when people suggest he get rid of Barry.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Here are my thoughts from the game.
    If the Chargers don’t drop 4 key passes, the Charges win the game.
    Watson doesn’t seemed to play with any intensity. On numerous plays, he ran at half speed.
    Love play really well. Chargers D isn’t good but Love did what you should do against this team.
    My have seen Aaron Jones last play as a Packer. Coming back from a knee and kicked down the road contract make 2024 doubtful.
    Why didn’t the Chargers run more?
    #6 needs to be released tomorrow. He is supposed to be our special teams ace. He is liability with his temper.
    We have no #1 WR. Reed is our long field threat. Dobbs is our red zone threat. Have a bunch of WR 2s on the roster.
    Did you see what #6 did? You couldnt see anything on the tv live and of course they didn’t show a replay

So most of us have no clue what he did
    Last edited by red; 11-20-2023 at 01:08 PM.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah I want to see how hard he hit that mfer.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    Did you see what #6 did? You couldnt see anything on the tv live and of course they didn’t show a replay

So most of us have no clue what he did
    #6 got called for holding on the kick return. As he was leaving the field, he realizes that he got called for holding. He jumped up in the air and screamed something like "You got to be fucking joking me." He then ran right up to the ref and screamed in his face again. I don't even think he touched the ref but maybe he accidental brushed into him.

-Tim Harmston

thank you TD

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    thank you TD
    Leavitt, #6, released by Packers this afternoon.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Leavitt, #6, released by Packers this afternoon.
    i said they should have cut him on the spot

just a horrible way to start the game, bonehead

in other news, joey bosa has a sprained foot

i thought for sure he had been shot in the dick the way he was rolling around and crying like crazy

for being big strong tough guys these fellas sure do act like giant pussies quite often

i hit my finger with a hammer the other day so hard that blood shot out both side, i looked at it, called myself a dumb ass, and taped in up with some electrical tape and kept going

in other news, joey bosa has a sprained foot

i thought for sure he had been shot in the dick the way he was rolling around and crying like crazy

for being big strong tough guys these fellas sure do act like giant pussies quite often

i hit my finger with a hammer the other day so hard that blood shot out both side, i looked at it, called myself a dumb ass, and taped in up with some electrical tape and kept going
    Was that while playing hammerschalgen at the bar after 15 beers? Is so, it might then explain some of the difference.

Blog Entries
    Kind of funny FYI

Rex Ryan just commented that Brandon Staley should go back to coaching D3 College footballas that is where he belongs. He's toast.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Kind of funny FYI

Rex Ryan just commented that Brandon Staley should go back to coaching D3 College footballas that is where he belongs. He's toast.
    If we do fire Barry, expect MiLF to hire "proven DC" Brandon Staley.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.