Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Official Packers vs. Lions Turkey day thread

Blog Entries
    The qb fumble for a td was a killer and the fake punt was borderline insanity. It is great to have a disciplined special teams group
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    How the fuck do they not have turkey legs? Madden frowns from above.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    We all just said the same thing
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

They didn’t even give love a turkey leg?

What did we just do all of this about then

Greg Olson ate it up in the booth

The Love-O-meter is at an all time high. I’m starting to believe in Love.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    They didn’t even give love a turkey leg?

What did we just do all of this about then

Greg Olson ate it up in the booth
    Fuck for once you might be right. That is going to be the fucking turkey they were supposed to serve.

That bitch telling him they didn’t have any turkey legs was pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    I can’t give you any rep because I must have repped you a decade ago or something and it says I have to be nice to someone else before I can say anything nice to you again

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    The Love-O-meter is at an all time high. I’m starting to believe in Love.
    He was legit today and made some damn nice throws

Fun game to watch. Love had a hell of a game. The fucking D got after it.
    C.H.U.D.

Blog Entries
    Congrats again to bobblehead, the reluctant hero.

Impressive game.

Quote Originally Posted by beveaux1 View Post
    This team doesn't have the talent on the field to compete with the Lions. Injuries and youth have made this game too high a mountain to climb.

If we end the game within two touchdowns of the Lions, it will be a moral victory. I just hope we avoid more injuries.
    I was wrong. Love is better than I thought he was. Barry coached better than I thought he could. MLF had those guys ready to play. I was impressed. Fourth straight game of improved offense. Next year, we can contend.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    What a great game.

Here are the questions I now have:
    Why the fucking haven’t we been playing 3 bigs in all year? Det had a hard time running and with 5 guys rushing we got a lot of pressure on the QBs today.

Why haven’t we been running this offense all year? Did the OLine play that much better? Love looked decisive with the ball. Pat Kirwin said it takes 20 starts to see what you have at QB. Maybe he is right. We have seen a bunch of bad and now 2 really good games in a row. Love hopefully is having the game slow down for him.

These advanced metrics on when to go for it or not are completely stupid. I get that 17 or 18 down in the same thing so going for 2 makes sense there. Packers should have kicked the extra point to go up 16. Det should have been kicking FGs all through the 2nd half. Point are points. Unless the teams had no confidence in their kickers, I don’t get it.

That call for a fake punt was stupid. Even if Det got it, they had to go another 40 yards to get in FG range. Still a great chance they would have punted later in the drive if converted.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    Fun game to watch. Love had a hell of a game. The fucking D got after it.
    I am visiting family in Pennsylvania, and it’s really been great to see the kids and grandkids. I only wish I could be in Detroit so’s I could listen to Detroit sports talk radio tomorrow.

About those Loins, was last week’s Bear scare a signal that they were getting overconfident? As my college roommate used to so eloquently say, fuck those fuckin’ fuckers!

Boy that was not the same Packer team we’ve been watching the past two years. Who put the speed in their cream of wheat??

Man, that was fun to watch.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Well, I finally finished wading through all 13 pages.

A GREAT but not unexpected day from my point of view - I said we would probably beat Detroit. Any team that struggled against the Bears was clearly beatable.

I'm wondering, was Goff one of those QBs ya'all whiners and haters thought was better than Love? I said top ten for sure. I may need to upgrade that. I get much the same feeling watching him as I got watching Rodgers - he's extremely unlikely to throw it to the other team.

Congrats to another guy I praised and heard a lot of shit about: Jonathan Owens. Ditto that for #36, Johnson. For years, maybe decades, it seems like we've had mostly soft Safeties. These two may not be perfect, but they really laid some hits on people.

Gary is pretty damn solid. I see hopes that Van Ness may progress the same way Gary has.

Thumbs up for the punter and down for the kicker. At least bring in somebody to compete and put some fear into him.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post

Why haven’t we been running this offense all year? Did the OLine play that much better? Love looked decisive with the ball. Pat Kirwin said it takes 20 starts to see what you have at QB. Maybe he is right. We have seen a bunch of bad and now 2 really good games in a row. Love hopefully is having the game slow down for him.

T.
    You were at the game last week so you might have missed it, but the announcers mentioned at least twice that lefleur said he sat down with love and told him to stop worry about making mistakes and just let the ball fly. They would deal with mistakes after the game.

Don’t know if that’s the only reason for the change, but he sure has looked different the last two games. Way less checkdowns and dump off, and he’s been making some really nice longer throws

Pretty amazing what Love and the young receivers are doing against defenses that don't have to worry much about the running game. This offense with vintage Aaron Jones would be pretty elite.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by beveaux1 View Post
    I was wrong. Love is better than I thought he was. Barry coached better than I thought he could. MLF had those guys ready to play. I was impressed. Fourth straight game of improved offense. Next year, we can contend.
    I'll cut you some slack. You weren't "wrong" as much as "reactionary". All those things were definitely true in the moment. But as I stressed over and over, it all plays into each other. Yesterday all facets were firing. When that happens below average players make plays (Like Mr. Biles/Owens). Lets see how things look when some areas click, but others struggle....oh, and for fucks sake can we get some OL who run block with attitude.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    What a great game.

Here are the questions I now have:
    Why the fucking haven’t we been playing 3 bigs in all year? Det had a hard time running and with 5 guys rushing we got a lot of pressure on the QBs today.

These advanced metrics on when to go for it or not are completely stupid. I get that 17 or 18 down in the same thing so going for 2 makes sense there. Packers should have kicked the extra point to go up 16. Det should have been kicking FGs all through the 2nd half. Point are points. Unless the teams had no confidence in their kickers, I don’t get it.

That call for a fake punt was stupid. Even if Det got it, they had to go another 40 yards to get in FG range. Still a great chance they would have punted later in the drive if converted.
    Detroit is a run first team, so I imagine that's why Barely lined it up that way. Also we jumped on them early and took away the ability/desire to settle for 6 yards a run over and over. They still had success running the ball, they just happened to be behind most of the game and our D was playing with some good aggression.

As to point 2, I think its the same offense we have been running, we just did it better. Pretty good run/pass splits. Nothing dramatically different. Its just a bunch of young skill position players learning to play together and improving across the board. And I agree with your last 2 points 100%

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    You were at the game last week so you might have missed it, but the announcers mentioned at least twice that lefleur said he sat down with love and told him to stop worry about making mistakes and just let the ball fly. They would deal with mistakes after the game.

Don’t know if that’s the only reason for the change, but he sure has looked different the last two games. Way less checkdowns and dump off, and he’s been making some really nice longer throws
    I think all those short outs to Musgrave and dump type throws were meant to give Love confidence early on. They seemed to have the opposite effect by taking him out of what he has spent 3 years prepping for. I'm not convinced those throws were "choice" on Loves part as much as MiLF trying to help his young QB get easy completions and such.