Thread: Studs and Duds Packers Lions

Blog Entries

Studs and Duds Packers Lions

Black Friday edition of Studs and Duds. Much of this has been covered in the game and other threads, but after a great game like this let's kick this topic around. I'll hit some of the main guys:

Jordan Love 22/32 for 268 and 3 TDs. More importantly, no picks, no sacks and busted off a nice run to pick up a key 1st down. He showed poise, command and all the elements you love to see in your young guys. A pivotal performance by the young and future QB

Rashan Gary. The Pack looks very wise in keeping Gary on the pitch count early in the season. Rashan had a dominant ballgame. 3 sacks, forced fumbles, game changing plays all over the place. Gary tore up his knee last year vs the Lions. Revenge is a dish best served on Turkey day, eh?

Tucker Kraft
    Another youngblood who is rapidly maturing. Is Kraft's performance mean the 3rd round jinx is broken? A little early to make that statement, but the kid has made great progress and is a viable option. Kraft ran that slip screen to perfection for the TD. Improving game to game as a blocker.

Robert Rochelle Who? I'll close off my list of the S&D's with an unknown, but man I loved his one play. Rochelle is the guy who made the save on the punt knocking it back to Zayne Anderson to put those Leos in a hole. Rich B's bomb squad boys are finally making plays.

I left off several studs (there were no duds) so have at it boys.

Dud - Jack Harlow
    Last edited by Joemailman; 11-24-2023 at 02:07 PM.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Dud. Anders Carlson?

Kenny Clark with 8 pressures and 2 QB hits. Maybe his best game this year.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Two players that I thought struggled during the game:

TJ Slaton- not much to speak of in run or pass defense
    Ballantine- picked on by Goff most of the game

Some other notables:
    Cobb/Lazard/Lewis/Tonyan- players we rightfully moved on from that have a whopping grand total of 32 catches for 392 yards.
    Last edited by Teamcheez1; 11-24-2023 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    Dud. Anders Carlson?
    Yup
    No bout a doubt it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Dud - Jack Harlow
    Harlow borrowed that igloo set from a local middle school show production of "Frozen".

I'm ashamed that that boy is from Kentucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    Two players that I thought struggled during the game:

TJ Slaton- not much to speak of in run or pass defense
    Ballantine- picked on by Goff most of the game

Some other notables:
    Cobb/Lazard/Lewis/Tonyan- players we rightfully moved on from that have a whopping grand total of 32 catches for 392 yards.
    My suspicions were right on Ballentine.
    Worst rated player by PFF, missed 3 tackles and gave up 9 catches for 171 yards and a 149.1 passer rating.
    Slaton was 3 rd worst (Anthony Johnson 2nd).

I posted this in the gameday thread waiting for this thread. Its from acmepackingcompany.com

"Let’s dive into this week’s winners, because aside from everyone at home who had to watch the halftime performance, there are no losers."
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Black Friday edition of Studs and Duds. Much of this has been covered in the game and other threads, but after a great game like this let's kick this topic around. I'll hit some of the main guys:

Jordan Love 22/32 for 268 and 3 TDs. More importantly, no picks, no sacks and busted off a nice run to pick up a key 1st down. He showed poise, command and all the elements you love to see in your young guys. A pivotal performance by the young and future QB

Rashan Gary. The Pack looks very wise in keeping Gary on the pitch count early in the season. Rashan had a dominant ballgame. 3 sacks, forced fumbles, game changing plays all over the place. Gary tore up his knee last year vs the Lions. Revenge is a dish best served on Turkey day, eh?

Tucker Kraft
    Another youngblood who is rapidly maturing. Is Kraft's performance mean the 3rd round jinx is broken? A little early to make that statement, but the kid has made great progress and is a viable option. Kraft ran that slip screen to perfection for the TD. Improving game to game as a blocker.

Robert Rochelle Who? I'll close off my list of the S&D's with an unknown, but man I loved his one play. Rochelle is the guy who made the save on the punt knocking it back to Zayne Anderson to put those Leos in a hole. Rich B's bomb squad boys are finally making plays.

I left off several studs (there were no duds) so have at it boys.
    I looked at my friend on that play and said "holy shit, some guy I never heard of just made a great play that was finished by some other guy I barely heard of"

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I looked at my friend on that play and said "holy shit, some guy I never heard of just made a great play that was finished by some other guy I barely heard of"
    Speaking of which, whatever happened to the Fuckdoggle award?

Quote Originally Posted by SudsMcBucky View Post
    Speaking of which, whatever happened to the Fuckdoggle award?
    I nominate Ford, a career ST guy, for the seasons fuckdoggle award.