Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: More Banjo: Pussies of Detroit, Game 2

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar

More Banjo: Pussies of Detroit, Game 2

Love’s last pass of the game left a bad taste in my mouth. Speed fiend and metrosexual, Christine Watson, had beaten his man for a potential bomb-6. Love failed to set his feet and underthrew Watson by a mile. Love, by all appearances, ain’t a noodle arm. He has got to make the fucking throw!

I wanted a dominating victory! I wanted to annihilate the Pussies for ending Butte’s Packer career!

But Tex’s two favorite teams won, he’s in relatively good health, and he’s surrounded by that shit that the Fast and the Furious folks dig, family, so life must be grand, eh?

Btw: The ugly Irish of a punter has gotta be the best punter to don the Green and Mustard Yellow since Jon Ryan. Downed a tons of punts inside the 20.
    Last edited by Anti-Polar Bear; 11-24-2023 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Getting fat.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

You beat me by 2 minutes.

Jordan Love - 22-32, 268 yards, 3 TD, 0 INT, 125.5 passer rating, 90.5 QBR

Christian Watson - 5 catches, 94 yards, 1 TD

Malik Heath - 4 catches, 43 yards on only 11 snaps!

Rashan Gary - 7 tackles, 3 sacks, 1 fumble recovery

Jonathan Owens - 12 tackles, 1 TFL, fumble recovery for a TD.

Daniel Whelan - 4 punts inside 20.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    You beat me by 2 minutes.

Jordan Love - 22-32, 268 yards, 3 TD, 0 INT, 125.5 passer rating, 90.5 QBR

Christian Watson - 5 catches, 94 yards, 1 TD

Malik Heath - 4 catches, 43 yards on only 11 snaps!

Rashan Gary - 7 tackles, 3 sacks, 1 fumble recovery

Jonathan Owens - 12 tackles, 1 TFL, fumble recovery for a TD.

Daniel Whelan - 4 punts inside 20.
    I’d rather you start the Banjo thread, but I’m eating lunch by myself at a Golden Corral, and was bored as hell. I am opting not to spend Thanksgiving with that Fast and Furious shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    I’d rather you start the Banjo thread, but I’m eating lunch by myself at a Golden Corral, and was bored as hell. I am opting not to spend Thanksgiving with that Fast and Furious shit.
    I was at a Thanksgiving dinner with about a dozen Bears fans with only my phone when I would normally be doing The Banjo thread. I'll try to avoid that in the future.

Why we should have known Packers would win.

Jay Cuda
    @JayCuda
    i have bad news for the lions

since the afl/nfl merger, they are 0-12 (.000) on thanksgiving when the moon is in a waxing gibbous phase. tomorrow is a waxing gibbous

2:57 PM - Nov. 22, 2023

Why we should have known Packers would win.

2:57 PM - Nov. 22, 2023
    Who the heck has time to research shit like this ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkey View Post
    Who the heck has time to research shit like this ?
    welcome to AI.

Love’s last pass of the game left a bad taste in my mouth. Speed fiend and metrosexual, Christine Watson, had beaten his man for a potential bomb-6. Love failed to set his feet and underthrew Watson by a mile. Love, by all appearances, ain’t a noodle arm. He has got to make the fucking throw!

I wanted a dominating victory! I wanted to annihilate the Pussies for ending Butte’s Packer career!

But Tex’s two favorite teams won, he’s in relatively good health, and he’s surrounded by that shit that the Fast and the Furious folks dig, family, so life must be grand, eh?

Btw: The ugly Irish of a punter has gotta be the best punter to don the Green and Mustard Yellow since Jon Ryan. Downed a tons of punts inside the 20.
    Ya'all's dueling banjos bring to mind Deliverance. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFutge4xn3w

Yeah, thanks for noticing - a tremendous day for me and mine.

Love was backpedaling on that last throw. No doubt, Rodgers or Favre woulda had the arm to get it there. I don't really think he had the luxury of setting his feet on that one. The Love to Watson combination is gonna do great things for a long time to come.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Top and bottom PFF Grades

Top 5 offense

1. WR Malik Heath: 94.5
    2. WR Christian Watson: 87.7
    3. QB Jordan Love: 86.6
    4. WR Jayden Reed: 73.9
    5. LT Yosh Nijman: 70.0

Heath caught all four of his targets and made three contested catches despite running only five (!) routes. He averaged over nine yards per route run. Watson made three contested catches and averaged over three yards per route run. Love dominated off play-action and from clean pockets, made two big-time throws and didn’t have a turnover-worthy play. Reed created three first downs or touchdowns and finished with 50 total yards and a score on six touches. Nijman gave up two pressures but was the team’s highest-graded offensive lineman in the run game.

Top 5 defense

1. OLB Rashan Gary: 91.9
    2. DL Karl Brooks: 91.5
    3. S Jonathan Owens: 71.3
    4. OLB Kingsley Enagbare: 71.2
    5. DL Kenny Clark: 71.1

Gary produced four pressures (three sacks), two forced fumbles and four stops over 43 snaps. Brooks had five pressures, one stop and one forced fumble over 31 snaps. Owens played all 84 defensive snaps, producing 12 total tackles with just one miss, a team-high five stops and a defensive touchdown. Enagbare delivered a team-high three quarterback hits and finished with four pressures and two stops. Clark had a team-high eight pressures, including seven hurries. He has 14 pressures the last two weeks.

Bottom 5 offense

1. RG Jon Runyan Jr.: 46.7
    2. RB Patrick Taylor; 52.7
    3. TE Tucker Kraft: 54.6
    4. LG Elgton Jenkins: 57.3
    5. WR Romeo Doubs: 57.3

Runyan gave up an immediate pressure, was penalized for a false start and received poor grades in the run game. Taylor gave up two pressures, including a hit, as a pass protector. Kraft caught a touchdown pass but finished with only 15 receiving yards on 29 routes run. Jenkins allowed two pressures and got dinged for a holding penalty. Doubs made a tough contested catch but also had a terrible drop on third down and finished with only 37 receiving yards on 29 routes run.

Bottom 5 defense

1. CB Corey Ballentine: 42.7
    2. S Anthony Johnson Jr.: 42.8
    3. DL T.J. Slaton: 43.7
    4. LB Isaiah McDuffie: 52.0
    5. LB Quay Walker: 55.6

Ballentine missed three tackles and gave up nine catches for 171 receiving yards. Jared Goff had a 149.1 passer rating when targeting him. Johnson missed four tackles. Slaton had one run stop but also a missed tackle. McDuffie had two stops but also a missed tackle, a penalty and two completions allowed into his coverage. Walker broke up a pass and delivered two stops but also had a bad pass interference penalty.

Some of my initial quick takes. Walker is a good pass blocker, but his run blocking is awful. Nijman is a much better run blocker, but he has 1-2 really bad pass block snaps a game.
    edit: I think its time to make the move. Put Tom at C or RG and start both the rotating tackles. Yosh on the Left side so at least you have your 3 run blockers together from C to LT.

Love hit 8 different guys with Wicks, Jones and Musgrave out. Holy shit, thats some quality work.

Gary and Clark were able to pin the ears back and whatup. Poor Goff felt like Santa Claus of the hood with two very large black kids in his lap all afternoon.

Is Valentine for real? I mean, how did this guy last until the 7th round?

Owens was allowed to play in the box more and was better. He is truly a one dimensional safety. I'd really like to get at least Ford back as he was having a nice little season.

I predicted Kraft would break the 3rd round curse shortly after the draft. Being forced into action he is serviceable for a rookie TE. As he improves I feel confident he will prove me right on that one. He is like the fat chic at bar time still hanging around. A slump buster in a time of need. Maybe not your first choice, but the slump still gets broken.

What happened to Runyan. He has dramatically regressed. Send him to play with Hackett. Or maybe its that Adam fella. He seems really confident and often wrong. Thats a dangerous combination. Adam reminds me of Hoodie Jr. He has had some really good mentoring, but if you aren't smart enough to learn the lesson being taught.....

Thats it for now. Maybe more strikes me later.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Karl freaking Brooks has been such a pleasant surprise. Too bad Davonte Wyatt can’t do his part too.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

True, but Wyatt was better the last game. They say it takes a while for D Linemen to get it all together. You would think coming from Georgia that wouldn't be so much of a factor. He also seems to have been playing hurt. I think he will come around at some point. The fact that he has been outperformed by Brooks and probably Wooden too says more about how good they are playing.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Ya'all's dueling banjos bring to mind Deliverance. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFutge4xn3w

Yeah, thanks for noticing - a tremendous day for me and mine.

Love was backpedaling on that last throw. No doubt, Rodgers or Favre woulda had the arm to get it there. I don't really think he had the luxury of setting his feet on that one. The Love to Watson combination is gonna do great things for a long time to come.
    On the QB School, JT O’Sullivan (former Favor backup) explains that Love had more than enough time to set his feet, although he woulda been pounded by a Pussy Yokozuna immediately after the throw - thanks to the incompetence blocking of Josh Myers.

I guess Love not taking an unnecessary hit in garbage time is a good thing. Still, I woulda loved to see Love make the “dagger” throw.

I’m with Bobble, Myers and Runyan need to be benched. Tom looks like a midget at tackle. And, as a wise man one wrote, in a predominantly Black and somewhat white realm, it’s alway soothing to witness a dash of yellow (and brown) in the rye. Runyan sucks. Lets see what the Asian guard is all about.
    Last edited by Anti-Polar Bear; 11-26-2023 at 04:28 AM. Reason: Downloading aphrodisiacs.

Steno and/or MLF definitely are inclined to go with veterans on offensive line. But to me, the fact that Rhyan is getting snaps seems to indicate they at least know Runyan won't be here next year. They want to have an idea of what they have in Rhyan going into the offseason.

Steno and/or MLF definitely are inclined to go with veterans on offensive line. But to me, the fact that Rhyan is getting snaps seems to indicate they at least know Runyan won't be here next year. They want to have an idea of what they have in Rhyan going into the offseason.
    They absolutely should figure out what they have locked onto the roster next offseason. If Rhyan is any good, you have less pressure to draft an IOL early (or at all).
    I think at this point most fans would like to see them try Rhyan, I suspect his pass blocking isn't where it needs to be, but Runyan isn't getting it done either. I have to think it's either something off-field or an injury or the OL coaching that has caused such a regression for him. He was decent his first 2 years. Newman's rookie season also wasn't the trashfire he's turned into either, which is what makes me worry about the coaching.

I know I'm nitpicking, but the opening play bomb to Watson was underthrown by about 8-10 yards. If Love throws that farther and with less air and Watson doesn't have to slow down. Watson had the CB and S beat by 2 yards and if hit in stride jogs into the end zone.

Love threw that 60 yards in the air. Most big arm quarterbacks (Favre, Rodgers level) can throw about 65 yards in a game setting. Love wasn’t able set all the way up so he didn’t get the full 65, but he does have that level of arm imo. I don’t know if his arm is as big as Favre or Rodgers when he’s not all the way set, but he has the big time nfl arm.

That said, he launched it 60 yards off a less than ideal platform.

He shouldn’t have doubt hitched the throw. If he had thrown it off his first hitch, Watson would have gotten there.

All in all, that was a really good deep ball that gave his guy a great chance. No one hits that perfectly more than 20% of the time.

I play all the time with our little guy who loves catching the ball. The further down the field you go, the less likely it’s a perfect strike in the bucket.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Karl freaking Brooks has been such a pleasant surprise. Too bad Davonte Wyatt can’t do his part too.
    I think Wyatt has been pretty good when on the field. He is another guy the coaches seem more down on than reasonable.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

On the QB School, JT O’Sullivan (former Favor backup) explains that Love had more than enough time to set his feet, although he woulda been pounded by a Pussy Yokozuna immediately after the throw - thanks to the incompetence blocking of Josh Myers.

I guess Love not taking an unnecessary hit in garbage time is a good thing. Still, I woulda loved to see Love make the “dagger” throw.

I’m with Bobble, Myers and Runyan need to be benched. Tom looks like a midget at tackle. And, as a wise man one wrote, in a predominantly Black and somewhat white realm, it’s alway soothing to witness a dash of yellow (and brown) in the rye. Runyan sucks. Lets see what the Asian guard is all about.
    Uh, I think in today's NFL, most Guards are bigger than most O Tackles.

I still have a fairly high opinion of both Myers and Runyan going forward, but more than that, I don't see those "yokozumas"/O Line in general making all that much difference in the pass game with a mobile QB. That's how it was with Rodgers, and that's how it is now with Love. I always said, Rodgers was rushed horribly on about 95% of pass plays, and he had a pretty decent career. Ditto that on the pass rush on Love. In the run game, it still seems like most of the success is up the middle/inside zone - often over Myers and Runyan. I'd suggest the reason there hasn't been as much success is less reps for a healthy Aaron Jones.

Kickass Rat All-Pro CaptainKickass's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I think in today's NFL, most Guards are bigger than most O Tackles.
    This reminded me that the Packers have a GIANT tackle that:

- wouldn't last on the practice squad the last couple years without being signed elsewhere immediately (yes, that almost happened)
    - is an inactive player every week
    - occupies a roster spot on the 53
    - 24 years old, six foot nine 370lbs (per packers.com)

If your running game is struggling, maybe activate & sub this fucking guy in at either guard or tackle for a few select snaps per game. Or hell, declare him eligible at TE for an extra-jumbo package in an obvious run situation. I mean if the pack is gonna go all "youth, rookie, unconventional, see what we have" why not?
    Last edited by CaptainKickass; 11-26-2023 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Even Captain's make fucking mistakes you fucking fuckers!
    "Everyone's born anarchist and atheist until people start lying to them" ~ wise philosopher

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I think Wyatt has been pretty good when on the field. He is another guy the coaches seem more down on than reasonable.
    I hope you are correct but I’m not seeing it. Wyatt has been pretty invisible, to me.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack