Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
Despite the so called facts proving you wrong, I still see what you said as being correct in a practical sense. Tackles are 1.5” taller and have longer arms, but outside of a negligible pound, they’re the same weight as guards. Guards are shorter and just as heavy. Functionally, that’s a bigger guy. Stalkier, more stout, less athletic, stronger.
But that also simply isn't true. Again, guards usually weigh in around 315 in reality once they get a year or 2 in the league, while tackles, with longer frames generally tip in around 330 I'd bet. Since the NFL doesn't update these numbers its impossible to say exactly. But honestly, just look at any OL and the Tackles are clearly bigger men. They make better guards because they have a lower center and play with more leverage. Tackles have to be longer on the edge to engage a pass rusher. Generally if they aren't heavy enough a bull rush knocks them on their ass. Tackles are simply bigger, longer stronger and more athletic. Thats just a fact no matter how much you guys don't want it to be. Sometimes they have trouble playing G because DTs are short and play with immense leverage and will push the longer guys back into the QBs lap. Sometimes they can be great at both (Jenkins). Usually those guys end up tackles. I am very surprised Jenkins isn't manning the LT position, but I think after he wasn't fully recovered (or has issues on the right side) and played poorly at RT they decided to stop moving him.