Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Packers vs Chiefs Discussion Thread

Packers vs Chiefs Discussion Thread

Packers are 5-8-1 lifetime vs Chiefs. 4-8-1 in regular season, 1-0 in Super Bowl'

Last meeting: November 7, 2021. Chiefs defeated Packers 13-7. Jordan Love, starting his 1st game in place of Aaron Rodgers who had Covid, threw for 190 yards with 1 TD and 1 INT. Patrick Mahomes threw for just 166 yards with 1 TD. Travis Kelce had 5 catches for 68 yards and 1 TD. Neither team ran the ball effectively.

Offensively, Chiefs rank 11th in points scored, 8th in yards gained. Mahomes has completed 68.1% of his passes for 2917 yards with 21 TD's and 9 INT's. Mahomes has been sacked just 14 times. Isiah Pacheco is their leading rusher with 669 yards and 5 TD's. Travis Kelce is their leading receiver with 732 receiving yards and 5 TD's. Rashee Rice is their leading WR with 527 yards and 5 TD's. He had a big game last week.

Defensively, Chiefs rank 3rd in points allowed and 4th in yards allowed. Opposing QB's have thrown for 1943 yards with 13 TD's and 6 INT's. Opponents have rushed for 1247 yards for an average of 4.6 YPC and 7 TD's. Chiefs have sacked opposing QB's 37 times, led by George Karlaftis with 8 and Chris Jones with 7.5.

Chiefs are favored by 6.5.
    Moneyline: Chiefs -258, Packers +240
    Over/under: 42.5
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Everyone jumps on the bandwagon after the Pack beat KC 23 - 17

O R

Skin claims the sky is falling after KC destroys GB 31 - 13

Loves first NFL start was against KC. I'll touch on that more in the gameday thread, but what I really recall from the game was the D actually held up.

I have zero expectations coming into this game. I just want OL play that doesn't suck and continued effort from the D like I saw in Detroit.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Matt Schneidman
    @mattschneidman

Present but not practicing today: A. Jones Dillon Deguara

Released: Melton J. Robinson

Practicing after missing game: Alexander Campbell Wicks R. Ford Stokes back practicing and designated to return off IR. Savage still practicing.

PT and Merriweather are the healthy RBs:

I don't know what the hell Joe Barely did last year, but can he scheme up something that will keep KC to under 30 this time? None of us expect him to work the magic he did last year in KC. If the young defenders can produce and show progress (Devonte Wyatt needs to pan out or they're back to drafting defensive linemen with the first pick), and if Love can show more progress, a close loss would satisfy me. Even if Anders Carlsson misses a potential game-winning field goal.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Fritz, Karl Brooks has been active as hell. He flashes bright. It sure would be a bonus of him AND Wyatt both are players. Wyatt is 25 of 26 years old. Not so sure he has much potential left.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkey View Post
    Everyone jumps on the bandwagon after the Pack beat KC 23 - 17

O R

Skin claims the sky is falling after KC destroys GB 31 - 13
    Dood, you missed it. It already fell. And even if I believed our QB was half what most here think he is, any fool can see the impending correction to a young overconfident team. Honestly, I hope I’m wrong. I like seeing GB win. But this has the hallmarks of an old fashioned ass whipping tattooed all over it. The kind where KC will pat our guys on the head afterward with a kind, understanding smile.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

It occurs to me that the consensus before the first Super Bowl was to give the Packers about as much chance to win as people are giving the Packers this week.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    It occurs to me that the consensus before the first Super Bowl was to give the Packers about as much chance to win as people are giving the Packers this week.
    Packers were 17 point favorites to win Super Bowl I.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Fritz, Karl Brooks has been active as hell. He flashes bright. It sure would be a bonus of him AND Wyatt both are players. Wyatt is 25 of 26 years old. Not so sure he has much potential left.
    But Kenny Clark's days are running down, and you need two really good defensive linemen to have a good defense. Maybe Wyatt will be okay, and they can draft a nose tackle who can be a real homewrecker.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I'm having nightmares about Chris Jones lining up between Runyan and Myers.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I don't know what the hell Joe Barely did last year, but can he scheme up something that will keep KC to under 30 this time? None of us expect him to work the magic he did last year in KC. If the young defenders can produce and show progress (Devonte Wyatt needs to pan out or they're back to drafting defensive linemen with the first pick), and if Love can show more progress, a close loss would satisfy me. Even if Anders Carlsson misses a potential game-winning field goal.
    Not to sound like a smart ass or anything, but last season’s “17th” game was a home game against the Tyrants of Tennessee. Perhaps you meant Love’s maiden game in ‘21?

I watched the first half of the Chefs-Black Hole Punks game, and trust me when I say this: 15 of the Chefs is one damn good rock thrower.

Rushing Mahomes was the key in 21, and it will need to be the key again on Sunday if the Packers want to sniff out a victory. Given how vanilla Barry’s scheme is, Gary Lightbody, P-Smith, Cletidus, Vanilla Ice (Van Ness), among others, need to pimp out. Hopefully momentum carries over from the Pussies of Detroit game.

And, hopefully, this time around, Love plays better against the blitz.
    Last edited by Anti-Polar Bear; 11-28-2023 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Playing Madden.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    Dood, you missed it. It already fell. And even if I believed our QB was half what most here think he is, any fool can see the impending correction to a young overconfident team. Honestly, I hope I’m wrong. I like seeing GB win. But this has the hallmarks of an old fashioned ass whipping tattooed all over it. The kind where KC will pat our guys on the head afterward with a kind, understanding smile.
    yep, thats called the natural order of things when you are rebuilding and playing the defending champs. Its not indicative of a long cold winter to come. Most of us are looking for players to improve, give great effort. Praying that we are all as wrong about Joe Barry as you have been lately. Only Tex thinks we are a 5-1 favorite in this matchup.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I'm having nightmares about Chris Jones lining up between Runyan and Myers.
    Not his typical gap, but he may beg to get that assignment. Is he in a contract year? That would be a good way to pad the stats.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Have you taken leave of your senses, Tex?

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Not his typical gap, but he may beg to get that assignment. Is he in a contract year? That would be a good way to pad the stats.
    He is in a contract year. Gonna make some big money.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    But Kenny Clark's days are running down, and you need two really good defensive linemen to have a good defense. Maybe Wyatt will be okay, and they can draft a nose tackle who can be a real homewrecker.
    A homo who lures married, in the closet, men away from their families?
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    yep, thats called the natural order of things when you are rebuilding and playing the defending champs. Its not indicative of a long cold winter to come. Most of us are looking for players to improve, give great effort. Praying that we are all as wrong about Joe Barry as you have been lately. Only Tex thinks we are a 5-1 favorite in this matchup.
    How have I been wrong about Joe Berry? You need to lay off the pipe dood.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Packers were 17 point favorites to win Super Bowl I.
    How old were you back then? The God damned media was all about how great the Chiefs were - how much better they were all around the field than the Packers. Maybe bettors knew better, I don't remember what the odds were.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    A homo who lures married, in the closet, men away from their families?
    I'm thinking more of a nose tackle who can abuse offensive linemen so badly on his way to the football that said offensive linemen begin to doubt their manhood, thus affecting their sexual performance in the marital bed. The unhappy wives try to be patient but their husbands' self worth has been destroyed by the Green Bay nose tackle, so those offensive linemen lash out at their wives, blaming said wives for the inability to get it up. Fights ensue, divorces ensue. Families torn asunder.

That's what I mean by a homewrecker of a nose tackle.

KYPack