Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Packers vs Chiefs Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    This post is 100% bullshit. "Media assholes" of the day were trying to build the game up. Live attendance was poor, the game was moved to the Orange Bowl the next year. This is on par with Tex's post that "Myers was our best Olineman last season". You can't keep making shit up if you want to preserve what tattered credibility you may have.

Donny Anderson's knee made the blow that laid the Hammer low. He faked the severity of the hit so he could get TV time.

You should focus on reality and quit bullshitting and making shit up.
    He has been proven wrong in both sides of the forum so many times that if he hasn't learned by now, he ain't gonna.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Will Wisconsin Swifties turn against the Packers this week? Inquiring minds want to know.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Pretty sure the SB I contest has little bearing on Sunday night's game. The Chiefs having a Top 5 defense and a Future HOF QB might though.

Packers are a hot-ish team, but I think KC handles them at Lambeau. I'm hoping Love and the youngsters continue to play well and develop. Want to see that and a competitive game, even if I think the Barry D and the Butkus OL will be a bit overmatched.
    I still think 4-2 (with this being one of the losses) gives them a good chance at squeaking into the playoffs.

What would it say about last year's team if this team goes 9-8 with a 7 seed, even or 8-9 and barely missing?

Aaron Jones out. Nick Bolton out for Chiefs is significant.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Ryan Wood
    @ByRyanWood

The hard-hitting news from Jordan Love: “I don’t listen to much Taylor Swift.”
    Taylor Swift says her boyfriend doesn’t listen to her either.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I guess you're as damn dumb historically as you are in the present. That was the talk AFTER the Packers stomped the Chiefs and then rubbed their nose in it on national TV (and then proceded to stomp Madden's Raiders the next year. Before the game, the media assholes of that day were singing the praises of players like Buck Buchanon, Otis Taylor, Fred the Hammer Williamson (who had his "hammer" broke by Fuzzy Thurston and Jerry Kramer), etc. and how the rich AFL bastards like Hunt had built teams that were better than the NFL, and whiny anti-homer piss ants like you, CMI, and a few others were getting all insecure about our chances. Vince's boys put an end to that shit, and it didn't crop up again until the damn Colts got their chance and fucked things up a couple years later.
    This is bad, even for Tex.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Taylor Swift says her boyfriend doesn’t listen to her either.
    Karma is a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    This is bad, even for Tex.
    I was gonna just let this go, but since several of the usual suspects - my shithead "truth squaders" - just can't seem to let it go, I'll respond. First of all, I'm so honored for all the attention. I'd say who else's situation it reminds me of - having a pack of dumbasses following everything said waiting for a mistake, but it would get me suspended hahahahahaha.

I originally asked, who else is old enough to even remember the first Super Bowl. Maybe several in here are. I don't think the damn fools trying to contradict me are. As for the game and breaking the "hammer", I read the damn revisionist history in Wikipedia or whatever that maybe you did. At the time, the media shitheads were really making a big deal about the "Hammer" - stopping the Packer Sweep, the Packer passing game, etc. They were all about what a bunch of high paid superstars the Chiefs had - including but not limited to the ones I mentioned. The Packers, of course, took care of business, and Vince rubbed their noses in it in his postgame interview - something to the effect of "nothing most of the better NFL teams couldn't have done". I HOPE ya'all whiny piss ants don't have any disagreement with THAT classic of history hahahaha. The Packers ran their vaunted end sweep to Williamson's side; Yeah, Donny Anderson carrying the ball, and Williamson ended up with a broken "hammer arm". And I say again, the general consensus among Packer fans was that the lead blockers, Fuzzy Thurston and Jerry Kramer took dead aim on the guy and made it happen. Of course if ya'all are damn dumb enough to believe what some idiot who probably wasn't even born at the time wrote in Wikipedia, whatever - go for it. It's about the speed of several of you fools.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=texaspackerbacker;1145416]I was gonna just let this go, but since several of the usual suspects - my shithead "truth squaders" - just can't seem to let it go, I'll respond. First of all, I'm so honored for all the attention. I'd say who else's situation it reminds me of - having a pack of dumbasses following everything said waiting for a mistake, but it would get me suspended hahahahahaha.

I originally asked, who else is old enough to even remember the first Super Bowl. Maybe several in here are. I don't think the damn fools trying to contradict me are. As for the game and breaking the "hammer", I read the damn revisionist history in Wikipedia or whatever that maybe you did. At the time, the media shitheads were really making a big deal about the "Hammer" - stopping the Packer Sweep, the Packer passing game, etc. They were all about what a bunch of high paid superstars the Chiefs had - including but not limited to the ones I mentioned. The Packers, of course, took care of business, and Vince rubbed their noses in it in his postgame interview - something to the effect of "nothing most of the better NFL teams couldn't have done". I HOPE ya'all whiny piss ants don't have any disagreement with THAT classic of history hahahaha. The Packers ran their vaunted end sweep to Williamson's side; Yeah, Donny Anderson carrying the ball, and Williamson ended up with a broken "hammer arm". And I say again, the general consensus among Packer fans was that the lead blockers, Fuzzy Thurston and Jerry Kramer took dead aim on the guy and made it happen. Of course if ya'all are damn dumb enough to believe what some idiot who probably wasn't even born at the time wrote in Wikipedia, whatever - go for it. It's about the speed of several of you fools.

The play you don't remember or can't accurately recount happened in garbage time of Super Bowl I. Gale Gillingham lead Donny on a sweep to the right. Williamson knifed in from his left corner spot and tried to leg dive Donny. Anderson caught Fred in the head and he laid on the field after the play. He claims he wasn't knocked out, just stayed down to get TV time. Who knows what the truth is about that? One way or the other, Freddy got a stretcher ride off the field.

Why you have to bullshit or make things up , is beyond me, but that's what you do. All the time.
    Last edited by KYPack; 12-02-2023 at 01:03 AM.

Aaron Jones turns 29 today. I don’t expect he will be celebrating his 30th birthday with the Packers unless it is at a dramatically reduced salary.

KYP, I used to respect you as one of the good ones in here, but lately you've been right there with the dumbasses nipping at my heels. If you have disagreement with what said, either about the first Packer/K.C. game or about the piss ant "truth squaders", then say in detail what it is - instead of just whining. Are you old enough to remember the game? Or just reading the revisionist shit about it?

Green Bay Press-Gazette
    @gbpressgazette

Tony Shalhoub will be at Packers-Chiefs game: 'It'll be me and Taylor Swift, just sharing a bag of cheese curds'
    greenbaypressgazette.com

The Green Bay native is an avid Packers fan and will be in attendance Sunday night, ahead of the release of "Mr. Monk's Last Case: A Monk Movie."

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    Aaron Jones turns 29 today. I don’t expect he will be celebrating his 30th birthday with the Packers unless it is at a dramatically reduced salary.
    He's barely played this year. I can't imagine he'll suddenly get and stay healthy. You're right - maybe at a very reduced salary, but most likely, it'll be time to move on. Too bad - great guy, really good running back. Best GB running back since Fat Eddie Lacey before the nickname "Fat" had to be appended to his name. And you've got to go back to Ahman Green before that. Pack has had a lot of serviceable and pretty good running backs, but Jones is a notch above that, though I still think Ahman Green was a better back.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    GB running back since Fat Eddie Lacey before the nickname "Fat" had to be appended to his name. And you've got to go back to Ahman Green before that. Pack has had a lot of serviceable and pretty good running backs, but Jones is a notch above that, though I still think Ahman Green was a better back.
    Total disrespect for Super Bowl champs and handsome fellow, Ryan Grant. Grant was a 2X 1200 yard rusher.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Total disrespect for Super Bowl champs and handsome fellow, Ryan Grant. Grant was a 2X 1200 yard rusher.

I think he was a good back, solid, but not nearly the playmaker Jones or Green were.

KYPack

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    KYP, I used to respect you as one of the good ones in here, but lately you've been right there with the dumbasses nipping at my heels. If you have disagreement with what said, either about the first Packer/K.C. game or about the piss ant "truth squaders", then say in detail what it is - instead of just whining. Are you old enough to remember the game? Or just reading the revisionist shit about it?
    I was 17 When SBI took place. I read the print media and watched football oriented shows prior to the ball game. The overwhelming consensus was that GB would win and win big. When you came up with your idea that the media supported the Chiefs, it was bullshit and I said so. That's specific enough for me. I wasn't nipping at your heels, I got in your face about mis-representing the truth. When you come up with some whoppers to support some of the half-baked conclusions you have come up with in the last year or so, I'll be back in your face and supporting what I consider to be the facts.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Will Wisconsin Swifties turn against the Packers this week? Inquiring minds want to know.
    Damn, no mention of Mahomie visiting Lambeau for the first time?

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    I was 17 When SBI took place. I read the print media and watched football oriented shows prior to the ball game. The overwhelming consensus was that GB would win and win big. When you came up with your idea that the media supported the Chiefs, it was bullshit and I said so. That's specific enough for me. I wasn't nipping at your heels, I got in your face about mis-representing the truth. When you come up with some whoppers to support some of the half-baked conclusions you have come up with in the last year or so, I'll be back in your face and supporting what I consider to be the facts.
    hahahahaha You're damn near as old as me. One of us is mis-remembering, and I'm pretty sure it isn't me. You seriously don't remember how they built up the Chiefs as a super team?

Several others of those piss ant nippers were actually a lot more egregious than you, but if the shoe fits.

Green Bay Press-Gazette
    @gbpressgazette

Tony Shalhoub will be at Packers-Chiefs game: 'It'll be me and Taylor Swift, just sharing a bag of cheese curds'
    greenbaypressgazette.com

The Green Bay native is an avid Packers fan and will be in attendance Sunday night, ahead of the release of "Mr. Monk's Last Case: A Monk Movie."
    I thought he was an Oshkosh native. Either way, I really hate Detroit now. They get to claim Kid Rock, we get Mr. Monk. Oh well, they also have to claim M&M and whoever that other moron was at halftime last Thursday.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.