Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Packers vs Chiefs Discussion Thread

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    Dood, you missed it. It already fell. And even if I believed our QB was half what most here think he is, any fool can see the impending correction to a young overconfident team. Honestly, I hope I’m wrong. I like seeing GB win. But this has the hallmarks of an old fashioned ass whipping tattooed all over it. The kind where KC will pat our guys on the head afterward with a kind, understanding smile.
    Obviously you only watch chiefs games to see Taytay in the skybox. I have seen a few of their games and they are living on the edge this year. They are vulnerable and ripe for the picking. Maybe all the advertising by their stars is catching up. If Packers can BUNDLE some turnovers into points they can end Swift’s undefeated record.

Love will be in the air so anything can happen!!

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    How old were you back then? The God damned media was all about how great the Chiefs were - how much better they were all around the field than the Packers. Maybe bettors knew better, I don't remember what the odds were.
    The talk was that the AFL couldn't hold the NFL's jock strap. That the game was a joke. The greatest upset ever was Super Bowl III when the AFL Jets beat the Colts.

Fuck, it must be nice to remember whatever you want and declare it the truth even if you are so far from correct it is amazing!
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    The talk was that the AFL couldn't hold the NFL's jock strap. That the game was a joke. The greatest upset ever was Super Bowl III when the AFL Jets beat the Colts.

Fuck, it must be nice to remember whatever you want and declare it the truth even if you are so far from correct it is amazing!
    Right. If the networks were talking up the Chiefs, it was just to try to get people to watch the game. It was basically seen as an exhibition game until the Jets beat the Colts.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

I guess you're as damn dumb historically as you are in the present. That was the talk AFTER the Packers stomped the Chiefs and then rubbed their nose in it on national TV (and then proceded to stomp Madden's Raiders the next year. Before the game, the media assholes of that day were singing the praises of players like Buck Buchanon, Otis Taylor, Fred the Hammer Williamson (who had his "hammer" broke by Fuzzy Thurston and Jerry Kramer), etc. and how the rich AFL bastards like Hunt had built teams that were better than the NFL, and whiny anti-homer piss ants like you, CMI, and a few others were getting all insecure about our chances. Vince's boys put an end to that shit, and it didn't crop up again until the damn Colts got their chance and fucked things up a couple years later.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    How have I been wrong about Joe Berry? You need to lay off the pipe dood.
    Sorry, implied meaning. We are all praying that we are as wrong about Joe Barry as you have been about Jordan Love lately. Hope that clarifies my insult for you.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

That is his M.O. I wish I lived in that world. Sadly I am occasionally wrong and it sucks. Being delusional would be more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Obviously you only watch chiefs games to see Taytay in the skybox. I have seen a few of their games and they are living on the edge this year. They are vulnerable and ripe for the picking. Maybe all the advertising by their stars is catching up. If Packers can BUNDLE some turnovers into points they can end Swift’s undefeated record.

Love will be in the air so anything can happen!!
    Remember those Celebrity Death Matches or whatever they were called a couple decades ago, claymation fights between stars? They oughta put one of those on at half time between Taylor Swift and Simone Biles - or better yet, a real chick fight hahahaha.

Please. Simone would whoop that skanky little fake hair colored bitchy ass. Simone is all muscle.

You found your acorn for the day again hahahaha. Careful it's still early. You might actually get something else right before midnight. Two would make you like a broken clock.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    I guess you're as damn dumb historically as you are in the present. That was the talk AFTER the Packers stomped the Chiefs and then rubbed their nose in it on national TV (and then proceded to stomp Madden's Raiders the next year. Before the game, the media assholes of that day were singing the praises of players like Buck Buchanon, Otis Taylor, Fred the Hammer Williamson (who had his "hammer" broke by Fuzzy Thurston and Jerry Kramer), etc. and how the rich AFL bastards like Hunt had built teams that were better than the NFL, and whiny anti-homer piss ants like you, CMI, and a few others were getting all insecure about our chances. Vince's boys put an end to that shit, and it didn't crop up again until the damn Colts got their chance and fucked things up a couple years later.
    So once again you are making shit up. Madden wasn't the coach of the 67 Raiders it was John Rauch. Madden wasn't named the head coach until the month after and lead the 68 team. But keep making your facts up.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

So how 'bout dem Chiefs? And since they put Jordan Love's mom and family in the back row for that game, can the Packers get her in the press box with Joe Barely, so she both has a good seat and can whack him upside the head when he makes a stupid defensive call?

I haven't seen the Queefs play yet this year, so all I know is that they have Patrick Mahomes and a good record and a lot of TV commercials. I'm thinking the Packers will come down after their sky-high performance against the Loins, but again, I'd like to see Love and the young guns build on what they've done. Stacking and all that crap.

I was curious about what the o-line coach said about rotating Walker and Nijman. He said they think it's working out just fine, until one of them (hopefully) takes the job by the balls. Sounds like neither one of them is doing that. Maybe they're just getting a little pincer grip on the skinbasket, but that's about all. Is the coach's way of saying what he said coachspeak for "they're both lazy and neither really deserves to be a starter unless one of them finally understands he's got to bust his ass every single minute"? I wonder about what's really going on there.

I think Patrick Taylor is supposed to be a good blocker, so maybe he can keep Chris Jones from getting four sacks, after Jones blows by Nijman/Walker/Myers/Runyan.

What the hell happened to Runyan? I'm guessing he's got some long-term injury that is slowing him down, and nobody's talking about it. Or maybe his personal life has gone haywire and he's out of whack. Who knows. They're people, too.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    So how 'bout dem Chiefs? And since they put Jordan Love's mom and family in the back row for that game, can the Packers get her in the press box with Joe Barely, so she both has a good seat and can whack him upside the head when he makes a stupid defensive call?

I haven't seen the Queefs play yet this year, so all I know is that they have Patrick Mahomes and a good record and a lot of TV commercials. I'm thinking the Packers will come down after their sky-high performance against the Loins, but again, I'd like to see Love and the young guns build on what they've done. Stacking and all that crap.

I was curious about what the o-line coach said about rotating Walker and Nijman. He said they think it's working out just fine, until one of them (hopefully) takes the job by the balls. Sounds like neither one of them is doing that. Maybe they're just getting a little pincer grip on the skinbasket, but that's about all. Is the coach's way of saying what he said coachspeak for "they're both lazy and neither really deserves to be a starter unless one of them finally understands he's got to bust his ass every single minute"? I wonder about what's really going on there.

I think Patrick Taylor is supposed to be a good blocker, so maybe he can keep Chris Jones from getting four sacks, after Jones blows by Nijman/Walker/Myers/Runyan.

What the hell happened to Runyan? I'm guessing he's got some long-term injury that is slowing him down, and nobody's talking about it. Or maybe his personal life has gone haywire and he's out of whack. Who knows. They're people, too.
    Maybe the Packers can put Taylor Swift in Lambeau in a similar seat to Love's mom.

Blog Entries
    This post is 100% bullshit. "Media assholes" of the day were trying to build the game up. Live attendance was poor, the game was moved to the Orange Bowl the next year. This is on par with Tex's post that "Myers was our best Olineman last season". You can't keep making shit up if you want to preserve what tattered credibility you may have.

Donny Anderson's knee made the blow that laid the Hammer low. He faked the severity of the hit so he could get TV time.

You should focus on reality and quit bullshitting and making shit up.

Ryan Wood
    @ByRyanWood

The hard-hitting news from Jordan Love: “I don’t listen to much Taylor Swift.”

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Ryan Wood
    @ByRyanWood

That’s bulletin board material.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    This post is 100% bullshit. "Media assholes" of the day were trying to build the game up. Live attendance was poor, the game was moved to the Orange Bowl the next year. This is on par with Tex's post that "Myers was our best Olineman last season". You can't keep making shit up if you want to preserve what tattered credibility you may have.

Donny Anderson's knee made the blow that laid the Hammer low. He faked the severity of the hit so he could get TV time.

You should focus on reality and quit bullshitting and making shit up.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Ryan Wood
    @ByRyanWood

I’m like Butte in that I also like Taylor Swift. Love needs to check out “The Last Time,” featuring Gary Lightbody:

I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Other than checking out Swift, that was horrible, apb.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Not his typical gap, but he may beg to get that assignment. Is he in a contract year? That would be a good way to pad the stats.
    Keep deguara in to block?
    All tyrannies rule through fraud and force, but once the fraud is exposed they must rely exclusively on force.

George Orwell