Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Packers vs. Chefs Gameday Thread...Great googly moogly

Official Packers vs. Chefs Gameday Thread...Great googly moogly

Don't tell Las Vegas there is a recession looming, I was out on the Strip last night helping pay the worlds largest light bill and man was it hopping. I asked a lot of strangers their opinion on the this game from a bettors prospective and it was about 5-1 Chiefs win and cover. Chiefs are one of the worst covering teams in football and are laying us 5.5 points. Such a quirky number. Thats the books way of saying "we have no fucking clue which packer team will show up".

With this in mind I consulted Tex. It went something like this:

Bobble: Well, it was a nice run, but the defending champs with a HoF QB and one of the best coaches in the game...its probably too much to ask that we get a win out of this game. I just hope Love is going to look good.

Tex: Bobble, you ignorant shithead, we beat the Lions by 7 and they beat the chiefs by 1 so we have to be at least 8 point favorites. Besides all our players are awesome and even Clifford could probably start and win this game even if we were down to 1 healthy WR. Yee of little faith. Harrumph harumph grumble grumble.

Bobble: Why do I bother.

But here we are, just hoping Love can put another knot in skinbaskets noose. The way I see it we have 2 chances to win. First, Reid might go full M3 and forget that running the ball is allowed even if you have a HoF QB and become one dimensional playing into our strengths and away from our weakness. Second, we are at home and from what I hear there is snow on the field and Christmas in the air. Never underestimate homefield advantage in an out of conference game.

The easy prediction is that we lose to a better team. Joe Barry dials up a defense that holds Maholmes to 50 points or something. Myers fumbles 3 snaps in the snow and Stenovich tells us other than that, he is playing top notch football (Adam Stenovich MIGHT be Tex...just saying).

I'm going a different direction though. Joe Barry, knowing he is coaching for his job, dials up the pressure in the snow. RBs can't keep their footing on a slick field. Dillon proves he is a better mudder than Secretariat. Love gets a revenge game from his first NFL start and drops a neat 311 yards, 3TDs and 1 pick while hitting 8 different targets. Maholmes sinks my fantasy team while struggling to avoid our newly aggressive pass rush. Carlson shakes off last week and is money in shitty conditions.

27-24!!!

Pack wins and I stay on the hook!!!
    Last edited by bobblehead; 12-03-2023 at 12:35 PM.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Kickass Rat All-Pro CaptainKickass's Avatar
    Obligatory game day post.
    "Everyone's born anarchist and atheist until people start lying to them" ~ wise philosopher

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Go Pack Go!
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

First ever post on a game day thread, and all I have to offer is;
    1. Great thread header. What ever happened to Freak Out?
    2. I’m a golfer and harken back to a Ryder Cup when we were way down and Captain Ben Crenshaw looked straight into the cameras and declared “I’ve got a feeling “.
    3. Go Pack Go indeed.

Good Job of quoting me, bobblehead. I'll give you a +1 (meaning 28-24 instead of your 27).
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by QBME View Post
    First ever post on a game day thread, and all I have to offer is;
    1. Great thread header. What ever happened to Freak Out?
    2. I’m a golfer and harken back to a Ryder Cup when we were way down and Captain Ben Crenshaw looked straight into the cameras and declared “I’ve got a feeling “.
    3. Go Pack Go indeed.
    I think we mostly want to see a competitive game, with Love showing that he's capable of building upon what he's done lately. Nice to see him hit a receiver in stride on a couple of bombs. But I don't think the KC defense is going to give up much, and the Pack O-line has been mostly shaky this year. So that does not bode well against the Queefs' defense. Our own defense will be able to contain Mahomes but you know how that goes . . . until he busts a few big ones and breaks the defense's back.

KC 31
    GB 20
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Jaire and Stokes out another week. I get closer to believing one of our top 3 picks needs to be a CB next year.

I hope to see Packers have 1st half offensive success. Will need a repeat of last week to have a shot - shouldn’t expect a W so team needs to play loose and fun to have a chance.

Go pack

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    House money is right!!

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    Jaire and Stokes out another week. I get closer to believing one of our top 3 picks needs to be a CB next year.
    I get closer to thinking teams should pay 53 league minimum contracts with incentives for games actually played.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    House money is right!!
    After last night the house has my money. So if I win it back and play with house money I'll actually only be playing with what was formerly my money anyway. That thought process made my brain hurt. Hope Love balls out. Its big to "expect" a win against the chefs, but lets just show that we belong on the same field as them. I don't want repeats of the Barry defenses that just bleed yards and then scores. I don't want to see Love with Myers in his lap about the time he finishes his 3 step drop.

Blog Entries
    Great news the pregame shits all predicting Packers loss.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    After last night the house has my money. So if I win it back and play with house money I'll actually only be playing with what was formerly my money anyway. That thought process made my brain hurt. Hope Love balls out. Its big to "expect" a win against the chefs, but lets just show that we belong on the same field as them. I don't want repeats of the Barry defenses that just bleed yards and then scores. I don't want to see Love with Myers in his lap about the time he finishes his 3 step drop.
    Bet it all on Green!!!:lol

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Bet it all on Green!!!:lol
    0,00,000 now on the roulette wheels.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Inactives:

Green Bay Packers

23 CB Jaire Alexander
    33 RB Aaron Jones
    57 LB Brenton Cox Jr.
    72 T Caleb Jones
    81 TE Josiah Deguara
    83 WR Samori Toure

Kansas City Chiefs

1 RB Jerick McKinnon
    31 CB Nic Jones
    53 DE BJ Thompson
    68 OL Mike Caliendo
    92 DT Neil Farrell
    94 DE Malik Herring
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Wife wonders when the first Taylor Swift mention will happen.

-Tim Harmston

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    0,00,000 now on the roulette wheels.
    Exactly. People will say you have no chance. But like Lloyd said, so you’re saying there’s a chance?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Wife wonders when the first Taylor Swift mention will happen.
    I’m going to try to take a half shot Patron every time they show her. But I have concerns about making it to halftime.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    What the fuck is wrong with J-Alex?

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Nice pull by Runyan on that run.

-Tim Harmston