Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: More Banjo - Packers vs Chiefs

More Banjo - Packers vs Chiefs

Jordan Love - 25-36, 267, 3 TD's.

Christian Watson - 7 catches, 71 yards, 2 TD.

Romeo Doubs - 4 catches, 72 yards.

A.J. Dillon - 87 total yards.

Keisean Nixon - 1 INT and 60 KOR yards.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

#1 seed baby. lol
    C.H.U.D.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Got a lot of help from the refs and got fucked by the refs in the final drive.

Either way, all KC could have done is tie the game. They couldn’t win it.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Jordan “you can now fucking show me” Love!!! Upset of the week and fuck you that wasn’t pass interference!! Defense was ultimate bend dont break.

Defense was ass but they played well enough on O to compensate. How infrequent does that happen? Love played about as good of a game as one can. Ball control with taking shots as needed to move the sticks. I can think of many of these games where playing conservative wouldn't get the job done.

Packers need to play with this same attitude and not expect a lot of attention.

J Love gets hosed post game 2 weeks in a row… nfl missing the mark big time. Use that disrespect as energy.

Another great game. I said, I wouldn't be surprised if Love outplayed Mahomes, and even though Mahomes was damn good, Love played better - as expected IMO.

I also said, Love will be better than Barry's D is bad. I guess we can't complain too much about holding a team like K.C. to 19, but damn, it was kinda ugly. Ball control offense did more to keep K.C.'s score down than the D. But a win is a win is a win, and another nail just got pulled out of Joe Barry's coffin.

Congrats to Watson on a great game. I hope the hamstring ain't too bad. I still say he is gonna be a great one. We'll need him in the playoffs. Great job by all the receivers. I SAID we have an excellent receivergroup. Good job Dillon not only showing strength like he sometimes doesn't but making some moves like most people including me thought he wasn't capable of.

Damn good rotation of edge rushers now that VanNess is starting to contribute. The DBs weren't horrible, all things considered. The ILBs were borderline bad, but Joe Barry's scheme had something to do with that.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Another great game. I said, I wouldn't be surprised if Love outplayed Mahomes, and even though Mahomes was damn good, Love played better - as expected IMO.

I also said, Love will be better than Barry's D is bad. I guess we can't complain too much about holding a team like K.C. to 19, but damn, it was kinda ugly. Ball control offense did more to keep K.C.'s score down than the D. But a win is a win is a win, and another nail just got pulled out of Joe Barry's coffin.

Congrats to Watson on a great game. I hope the hamstring ain't too bad. I still say he is gonna be a great one. We'll need him in the playoffs. Great job by all the receivers. I SAID we have an excellent receivergroup. Good job Dillon not only showing strength like he sometimes doesn't but making some moves like most people including me thought he wasn't capable of.

Damn good rotation of edge rushers now that VanNess is starting to contribute. The DBs weren't horrible, all things considered. The ILBs were borderline bad, but Joe Barry's scheme had something to do with that.
    Got to give you credit Tex, you were consistent in predicting this one. I wasn't too hopeful because KC is a good team. As good as the Packers played against Det, they were much better today. Detroit handed the ball to the Packers 3 times and had several 4th down failures. KC had 1 key interception, but other than that, they played well. Love and the Packers just played better.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Defense was ass but they played well enough on O to compensate. How infrequent does that happen? Love played about as good of a game as one can. Ball control with taking shots as needed to move the sticks. I can think of many of these games where playing conservative wouldn't get the job done.
    Another top 10 o. This time Held to under 20 points. Not ass. Should be better, but with our injuries I'm still happy.

Our d is getting better and better.

Also dillion played very well.

Any update on watson?
    Last edited by Upnorth; 12-04-2023 at 06:44 AM.
    All tyrannies rule through fraud and force, but once the fraud is exposed they must rely exclusively on force.

George Orwell

Blog Entries
    What a swiftie clown you are!!

Ass is the thing you never get even when you buy flowers. The Packers defense was awesome last night, which you can directly correlate with the lack of Taylor camera shots throughout the game. You probably got all pissed when Mahomie got legally lit up by Owens.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Got a lot of help from the refs and got fucked by the refs in the final drive.

Either way, all KC could have done is tie the game. They couldn’t win it.
    This is a good reminder. For sure, the Chiefs got hosed by the refs when Valentine didn't get called - on that play, "DPI" would've stood for "Double Penetration Interference," as Valentine was so all over MVS. BUT had it been called, the Queefs still needed a TD and two-point conversion to get it to overtime.

Also, had they ruled correctly that MVS's forward progress was stopped and he was in-bounds, the clock would've cost the Queefs pretty much the game, so the bad reffing worked both ways. Even though the earlier hit on Mahomes WAS legal, I kinda get that the NFL felt that had to be called - gotta protect the superstars, baby, even if it means the refs have to cheat a bit.

But the announcers going on and on and on about PI NOT being called on the Hail Mary was utter bullshit. When was the last time a PI was called on a Hail Mary? Besides that, it was not in my eyes quite as egregious as the announcers seemed to think. Kelce got pushed, but everyone did, and the last play of the game on a Hail Mary is, again, NOT called the way the same play would be in the second quarter.

So fuggem.

As for the actual game, it was the best-played game the Packers have had all year. For the first half, the offensive line played really well (second half, not so much). The Flower's play calling was the kind of play calling I think we fans were hoping for when he was hired - until Rodgers got ahold of the playbook/coach and made it just another Rodgers offense.

The offense looked crisp, and in crunch time, The Flower did not completely go into a shell. He stayed aggressive but smart. The receivers hung onto the ball beautifully. I saw only one drop - Maalik Heath. But mostly their fingers were like glue. Side note - Samouri Toure is officially a JAG. A healthy scratch, he's been bypassed by all the rooks. Dillon was solid, and how fun was it to see Patrick Taylor get a couple of long gains?

Defense held up well enough, though I can't stand a three-man rush, at least not until a Hail Mary. But that three-man rush earlier in the game cost the Packers. Still, despite getting gashed, the defense got a turnover and held up at the end. Still don't like Joe Barely, but at least they didn't give the game away at the end, as we've seen before.

Carlson is clearly not trusted on long kicks - they bypassed a long FG try there at the end, and chose to punt instead. I kinda get it, but again, even though the Swede is having a pretty darn good rookie season, he doesn't have the coaches' complete trust on the long ones yet.

And dammit, it's fun to watch the Packers again. There is not this sour-puss attitude that we saw when the previous QB was here, which made watching them - even in victory - less fun. It's more about the team and their cohesiveness, and not about what The Great One did to will them to a win, or about how the team let The Great One down. This team is having fun now and seem in it together. I kept thinking last night, even toward the end when KC was driving, that no matter what happened, it was a helluva fun game to watch.

Had to laugh at Kesean Nixon's interview after the game. The number one seed? Dude was clearly keyed up. Or he really doesn't look at the standings. At all. But both he and Love were clearly very, very amped after the game. Fun.

The Flower's going to have to carry a pin around this week to pop their balloon-sized heads so they're ready to play against the Gints.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Blog Entries
    That a fucking great post Frtiz! Nice to be on the other end of all this. We can enjoy walking on sunshine today.

Last few min of the game.

False start on a kickoff (rarely called).

PF for inbounds legal hit.

Good to let the fumble play out and right call on that DQ. But that was also and inbounds play and the clock never started after the review.

Stopped clock w/ 19sec left when all the announcers said it should’ve kept running.

Then bitching about an iffy PI call when they gave the Chiefs a super ticky tack one on their prior drive.

And people bitching about a non call on Hail Mary - which is never called.

The better team of the night won. Easy

Quote Originally Posted by Fosco33 View Post
    Last few min of the game.

False start on a kickoff (rarely called).

PF for inbounds legal hit.

Good to let the fumble play out and right call on that DQ. But that was also and inbounds play and the clock never started after the review.

Stopped clock w/ 19sec left when all the announcers said it should’ve kept running.

Then bitching about an iffy PI call when they gave the Chiefs a super ticky tack one on their prior drive.

And people bitching about a non call on Hail Mary - which is never called.

The better team of the night won. Easy
    Wow. I was watching, but didn’t realize there were only 19 seconds when MVS was stopped in bounds. That’s crazy. With that in mind, they can go cry about it. We’ve been shafted far worse than that.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Fosco come on that PI wasn't iffy, he clearly mugged him. But what-eva, they owed the Pack after the personal foul gaff.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    What a swiftie clown you are!!

Ass is the thing you never get even when you buy flowers. The Packers defense was awesome last night, which you can directly correlate with the lack of Taylor camera shots throughout the game. You probably got all pissed when Mahomie got legally lit up by Owens.
    Yeah it's kinda weird right. I can't quite tell if they were horrible or good. On one hand, the data speaks for itself, 19 points is pretty good! But I think they had, what, two stops all game? Overall a weird game 'cause it was so run game dominant from the chiefs and ball control from the Pack.

Is the defense good? Can they win in playoffs? I honestly don't know. What is with Alexander playing like half the games at best?

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    That a fucking great post Frtiz! Nice to be on the other end of all this. We can enjoy walking on sunshine today.
    Agreed. Usually I quit on a post that long, but I read it all. The only thing I disagree with is that I had plenty of fun watching Rodgers grab a couple MVPs before he left. He had to go...it was time. We needed him to take Lazard and Cobb with him. But it was a great run. The king is a jet. Long live the Love.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

The defense is bad. If you disagree tell me the name of the chefs punter. I have no clue because he didn't appear in the game.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Fosco come on that PI wasn't iffy, he clearly mugged him. But what-eva, they owed the Pack after the personal foul gaff.
    It was iffy if it wasn’t called - I think it was a makeup non call for the Mahomes hit and the prior DPI that was suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    The defense is bad. If you disagree tell me the name of the chefs punter. I have no clue because he didn't appear in the game.
    Townsend booted one 57yrs for the Chiefs early in 4th q