Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Packers at Giants Discussion Thread

Packers at Giants Discussion Thread

Packers lead all-time series 34-27-2. 29-24-2 in regular season. 5-3 in postseason.

Last meeting: Giants defeated Packers 27-22 in London. Packers led most of the game but Giants scored 2 4th quarter TD's for the win. Aaron Rodgers broke his thumb on the last play of the game. It was the 1st of 5 straight losses for the Packers.

Giants have won their last 2 games to move to 4-8. Offensively, Giants rank 31st in points scored and 32nd in yards gained. Daniel Jones, their original starting QB is out for the season with a torn ACL. Tommy Devito has started last 3 games for the Giants. Overall in 5 games with 3 starts he has completed 66 of 105 passes for 697 yards with 7 TD's and 3 INT's. Tyrod Taylor is coming off IR. He has started 3 games for the Giants, completing 57 of 87 passes for 579 yards with 2 TD's. Darius Slayton is the Giants leading receiver with 435 yards and 1 TD. Saquon Barkley in 9 games leads the Giants with 697 rushing yards and 1 TD, averaging 4.2 YPC. Barkley also has 4 TD receptions.

Defensively, Giants rank 26th in points allowed and 28th in yards allowed. Giants have allowed 2739 passing yards, but have allowed just 14 TD passes and have 12 INT's. They have sacked opposing QB's 21 times. Opponents have rushed for 1633 yards and 18 TD's, averaging 4.8 YPC.

Packers favored by 6.5.
    Over/under 37.5
    Moneyline: Giants +240, Packers -295.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

This is specifically the type of offense you expect to dominate, but then Barry decides stopping Barkley isn't the priority, its "limiting big plays" and he goes all out to stop Tommy DeVito.

I hope he is adjusting. He is pretty old to learn new tricks, but when your job is on the line, people start to actually put effort forth. I'm cautiously optimistic that we won't see the worst of Joe Barry until week 1 of 2024.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Only 2nd time this year Packers are favored. 1st time as road favorite.

Dan Duggan
    @DDuggan21

Daboll said Tommy DeVito will start Monday’s game against the Packers.

Will be curious to see the injury reports and who starts at QB for NYG, as well as health of GB players like AJones, Jaire, and Watson.
    DeVito takes a LOT of sacks but seems to have an ok arm and is being more careful with the ball.

I thought the Giants had a good D but maybe not? If you look at their schedule they haven't really beaten any good teams. GB is on a hot streak and should be favored to win this but I worry about the kids getting too full of themselves. Almost feels like a trap game.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Dan Duggan
    @DDuggan21

well there it is.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Will be curious to see the injury reports and who starts at QB for NYG, as well as health of GB players like AJones, Jaire, and Watson.
    DeVito takes a LOT of sacks but seems to have an ok arm and is being more careful with the ball.

I thought the Giants had a good D but maybe not? If you look at their schedule they haven't really beaten any good teams. GB is on a hot streak and should be favored to win this but I worry about the kids getting too full of themselves. Almost feels like a trap game.
    DeVito is starting. My guess is Giants Defense is decent, but gets worn down from having to be on the field too much. Hopefully Barry will have the defense playing as aggressively as they did against the Rams who had a backup QB playing.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Dan Duggan
    @DDuggan21

DeVito, eh? If the Packers lose to a team quarterbacked by a damn Italian, I swear to Jupiter I am gonna boycott pizza for a year.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    DeVito, eh? If the Packers lose to a team quarterbacked by a damn Italian, I swear to Jupiter I am gonna boycott pizza for a year.
    Especially since he's only 4'10" and loves Jersey Mikes.

As an Italian - I’d love for you to say that to my face. It’d certainly be entertaining for me. Get your troll ass off the white/Italian train or just fuck off.

Dan Marino was 5-1 versus the Packers in his career.
    I believe in God, family, Baylor University, and the Green Bay Packers.

Imagine how other teams and fans felt about Lombardi. Back then being Italian wasn't much different from being Puerto Rican, especially in Green Bay.

This game is significant for the Packers in seeing how this young team handles success. Do they let all the good coverage they are getting go to their heads, or do they focus on getting the job done against a bad team with ruthless efficiency. The Giants 4 wins were against the 1-11 Panthers, the 2-10 Pats, and two wins against the 4-9 Commanders. They are a bad team and should be pounded into submission early.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

I like the idea of the Packers dealing with a QB who "takes a lot of sacks".
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    This game is significant for the Packers in seeing how this young team handles success. Do they let all the good coverage they are getting go to their heads, or do they focus on getting the job done against a bad team with ruthless efficiency. The Giants 4 wins were against the 1-11 Panthers, the 2-10 Pats, and two wins against the 4-9 Commanders. They are a bad team and should be pounded into submission early.
    100% agree with all of this. Am curious to see how they handled being the favorites. They aren't going to sneak up on teams anymore, and expectations have changed now that they are the 7 seed.

"Young" is the key term We have to remember, this is a group of very young guys. AJ Dillon is 25 and he's pretty much one of the elder statesmen on offense. So you've got a bunch of 21 - 24 year-old guys going to New York city, and for a couple of weeks now they've been told their shit don't stink. What young, athletic, fairly well-known young guy isn't going to get puffed up?

And sure, it's on the coaches to keep that from happening, but these guys are human, and very young ones, at that. I have to imagine a few of them will be chasing the bright lights/big city/ tight puddy on Sunday night.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If the giants had lost the last two maybe. Also the media dissing on the big SNF upset and discounting the Packers is a good thing. Plus Love has a cutiepie fiancée so I doubt he stays out too late.

I think the biggest concern is the Packers, and whether they think they'll win just by showing up.
    The NYG stink this year, but they are going to come out swinging haymakers in a primetime game as home underdogs and coming off a bye.

GB better not play sloppy or come in complacent or it will be a rough one. They have a realistic path to the playoffs with a very soft schedule, but they shouldn't overlook or underestimate anyone.

Teams coming off a bye usually start off with a little rust. We’re gonna get out early and hopefully keep the foot on the gas.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    I think the biggest concern is the Packers, and whether they think they'll win just by showing up.
    The NYG stink this year, but they are going to come out swinging haymakers in a primetime game as home underdogs and coming off a bye.

GB better not play sloppy or come in complacent or it will be a rough one. They have a realistic path to the playoffs with a very soft schedule, but they shouldn't overlook or underestimate anyone.
    I think the fact that the Packers lost to the Giants last year will help in that regard. It was the first of 5 straight losses. I bet MLF won't let them forget it.