Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Packers at Giants Discussion Thread

Wes Hodkiewicz
    @WesHod

Aaron Jones (knee) was participating in Thursday’s padded practice at Nitschke.

Christian Watson and Darnell Savage were not practicing.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Jesus. Guys get hurt, come back, play one game, and out again. I don't know if they're holding Savage out as a precautionary measure, but it doesn't seem a good sign.

Given the pattern, Jones will play Monday night, then be out again for two or three more games. And what about Jaire? Cripes, if he's out again, you wonder why they didn't put him on IR.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Wes Hodkiewicz
    @WesHod

Aaron Jones (knee) was participating in Thursday’s padded practice at Nitschke.

Christian Watson and Darnell Savage were not practicing.
    Hard to believe that Jones is even practicing after the injury. I was sure he tore his ACL.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Very worried about this game due to Barry’s defense shitting the bed against a bad offense. This is the exact kind of game where Barry ball finds a way to keep the Giants in the game, and it becomes a fourth quarter coin toss instead of a solid win.

I expect the Giants to run for over 135 yards, and I expect the Packers will need a late red zone stop to earn a victory.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

I think Savage will play unless he aggravated something. He played quite a bit vs. KC, so I think it's precautionary.
    Jaire's injury is a problem. He's a smaller CB and has now had two shoulder injuries. Hasn't had a great year, been hurt, and costs a lot of money.
    Stokes has basically been around for half his contract so far. No wonder they keep bringing CBs in (Rochelle, Long Jr.)

re: NYG, Barry and the team in general better not shit the bed. Pretty simple from a defensive standpoint - focus on stopping Barkley in the running game and make DeVito beat you. They'll be able to pressure DeVito, especially if they are in obvious passing downs.
    Get a good start on offense, and prep for another aggressive defense. Martindale like to blitz. Love did a nice job diagnosing and calling his 'can's' or 'kills' at the line, he'll need to do the same this game. KC's D is better than NYG's, and if GB can get an early lead should win this game.

Rob Demovsky
    @RobDemovsky

Second straight day for Aaron Jones in his return from the MCL sprain.

Darnell Savage (chest) returned after missing yesterday.

But Christian Watson (hamstring) & Quay Walker (shoulder) were no gos again.

And Elgton Jenkins (shoulder) didn’t go after limited yesterday.

Jaysus, guys are going in and out of the lineup like a revolving door.

Quay Walker seems an increasingly important part of this defense.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I wish we could’ve gotten rid of Jaire.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fosco33 View Post
    I wish we could’ve gotten rid of Jaire.
    Discarding an All-Pro shutdown corner with no history of off-field infamies would be dumber than Tony ODay. Hell, Tyreek Hill has a history of domestic infamies, and pigs continue to pay him millions and fans continue to worship The Cheetah.

Perhaps you don’t like J-Alex’s cockiness. Guess what? Shutdown corners are supposed to cocky. I, for one, made sure Darren Charles knew I was shutting him down when I was shutting him down.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Watson and Quay Walker only Packers not practicing.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Discarding an All-Pro shutdown corner with no history of off-field infamies would be dumber than Tony ODay. Hell, Tyreek Hill has a history of domestic infamies, and pigs continue to pay him millions and fans continue to worship The Cheetah.

Perhaps you don’t like J-Alex’s cockiness. Guess what? Shutdown corners are supposed to cocky. I, for one, made sure Darren Charles knew I was shutting him down when I was shutting him down.
    Jaire isn’t as good as his top paycheck would demand. He’s saying he’s not gonna play because he’s not 100% heathy - that’s bullshit.

He’s certainly not letting any receptions or touchdowns from the sideline - so he’s certainly a shutdown corner.

Jaire isn’t as good as his top paycheck would demand. He’s saying he’s not gonna play because he’s not 100% heathy - that’s bullshit.

He’s certainly not letting any receptions or touchdowns from the sideline - so he’s certainly a shutdown corner.
    It's not bullshit if it means he doesn't want to play if there is a good chance of aggravating the injury and leaving the team short most of the game, or if it's limiting him enough to be a liability. I'd rather have him able to go full tilt against TB, Minn, and for the playoffs than push it to play against a weaker opponent and then be out for the season.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar

Dude injured his shoulder in the 3rd quarter of the Sheepfucks game. Ran across the field and jumped higher than Madtown smoking Mary Jane to prevent possibly a TD in a 10-3 game. Finished the fucking game.

Players like J-Alex and Musgraves are tough as fuck. Soft and fragile players like Christine and Claymaker, not so much.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...bb179f93&ei=39

Seems the NFL is pissed that the officials allowed the lowly packers to defeat Taylor Swift on primetime. They are sending a message that this kind of integrity will not be tolerated.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Jaire out.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Jaire out.
    He has now missed 21 out of the last 46 games. Pro bowl when he played the whole season in 2022, but availability is becoming a problem. We definitely need to draft a CB and safety in the next draft.

Agreed, Team. It's not a trajectory that is often reversed. They definitely - or, "defiantly," as my students used to write, need to draft a corner and a safety - or two.

KYPack